[Q] Signed Update.zip?

Search This thread

mrboyko27

Oct 5, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I completely ****ed up my SGS3 on Verizon. This is what happened: I was trying to go from an AOKP rom back to stock, rooted touchwiz. I forgot to make a backup on it right after I rooted it so with my conscious I decided to use odin and flash the full stock image then it went through the process. First flashing the boot files, then stock (e3) recovery, and then when it hit system (system.img.ext4) it failed with the error message "Complete(Write) operation error" and I have no idea what went wrong. Im using the original usb cable, ive tried 3 different usb ports (im on a laptop) and I tried redownloading odin and the stock image but it keeps stopping on system. Ive looked around the e3 recovery and found that if i have a signed update.zip I could bring it back to life but Ive been searching for 3 days and I cant find it. Could anyone provide me with a signed update.zip or otherwise help me with getting odin to flash everything? I will do anything except open up the phone and send it back to verizon.

SPECS:
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII- White 16GB (With a now: Locked Bootloader)
Laptop: Song Vaio 2007 Laptop thats running Windows XP in VMware. (The computer itself is running Windows8 but Its buggy and I cant install the drivers)

If you need any extra information, just ask. Thanks in advance :)

~Ruslan~

enyalius

Oct 3, 2009
Would you happen to have encrypted your phone previously?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.