Model name: GALAXY Note II
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: N/A
Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
Product Code: XEF
PDA: N7100XXUFNE1
CSC: N7100OXAFNE1
MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Download> https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0

Hi, I'm on ITV N7100XXUEMK9 with MK9 bootloader.
I'd like to try XEF N7100XXUFNE1 , can I download it and simply install by Odin? Any problem? (bootloader, knox, warranty, etc)
And if than, i'd like to come back to ITV N7100XXUEMK9?

vntmarco

Sep 12, 2012
Turin - Alessandria
Hi, I'm on ITV N7100XXUEMK9 with MK9 bootloader.
I'd like to try XEF N7100XXUFNE1 , can I download it and simply install by Odin? Any problem? (bootloader, knox, warranty, etc)
And if than, i'd like to come back to ITV N7100XXUEMK9?

Just Flashed with Odin 3.09.
After Flash, it reboots and enter recovery mode. After "Applied CSC " text, it shows an error... something about.. missing a JPG file... never mind...
I reboot and all seems to be ok :good:

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
Hi @vntmarco

Glad it worked for you :)
You can not downgrade the bootloader when you use any newer version then MJ5. But you can downgrade everything else using Odin.

What is your status in Download mode?

darkshiner

May 24, 2010
bluetooth

Did anyone experience bluetooth issues on the official kk roms? (Old France and new France)?
It works just fine on 4.3 (official) and after flashing 4.4.2 it is almost impossible to listen to the music via bluetooth (on any device) - sound gets interrupted like it was an old cd player with scratched cd inside :/.
The range is a problem I think, spind gets just a little better when distance between phone and bt device is <1m but thats not the point of using bt stuff :/
I have been looking for a people having the same issu here on xda and surprisingly I didn't manage to find anyone reporting such problems.

Fabbe76

Dec 5, 2011
I did have bluetooth issues on France 1 and i gone back to 4.3...tested it by flashing it 2 or 3 times just to be safe and it did not worked :(

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
great rom , the deodex rooted version by cosmyndmeter is available in the development section , all mods from nd3 are compatible wid it :cowboy:

vntmarco

Sep 12, 2012
Turin - Alessandria
Hi @vntmarco

Glad it worked for you :)
You can not downgrade the bootloader when you use any newer version then MJ5. But you can downgrade everything else using Odin.

What is your status in Download mode?

All seems to be Official, no counter, no knox variations.

I can downgrade everything with Odin...means that if I flash old 4.3 stock I've not problems? Or I must check 4.3 bootloader version?
Maybe stock roms by odin flash everything (including bootloader) so that I can flash anything I want?

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
All seems to be Official, no counter, no knox variations.

I can downgrade everything with Odin...means that if I flash old 4.3 stock I've not problems? Or I must check 4.3 bootloader version?
Maybe stock roms by odin flash everything (including bootloader) so that I can flash anything I want?

Yes its from Sammobile http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=30559

Yes but make sure to tick the option not to flash bootloader (if you flash with PcOdin)
If you flash with MobilOdin you do not need to change anything.
Make sure you do not try to downgrade the bootloader as you know it will be KNOX status 0x1.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Yes its from Sammobile http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=30559

Yes but make sure to tick the option not to flash bootloader (if you flash with PcOdin)
If you flash with MobilOdin you do not need to change anything.
Make sure you do not try to downgrade the bootloader as you know it will be KNOX status 0x1.

Wait wait are you saying one can flash stock firmware via Pc Odin and avoid bootloader ? I thought one only needs to check the AP tab and select the tar file of firmware ? Bootloader would get flashed no matter with PC Odin right ? How can one avoid bootloader in PC Odin ? Please explain

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Wait wait are you saying one can flash stock firmware via Pc Odin and avoid bootloader ? I thought one only needs to check the AP tab and select the tar file of firmware ? Bootloader would get flashed no matter with PC Odin right ? How can one avoid bootloader in PC Odin ? Please explain

This will only work if one gets 4 seperate files from sammobile, right?
EDIT: Theoretically speaking: Another option is to remove boot.img from tar file and modify md5 checksum

Last edited:
Reactions: androidsupersu

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
EDIT: Theoretically speaking: Another option is to remove boot.img from tar file and modify md5 checksum
Well the links he's uploading on mega after downloading from sammobile are all bootloader included firmware so he needs to make it clear in his post to download firmware from sammobile that doesn't include bootlaoder (4.3) or flash it via mobile odin.Just by saying "don't tick bootloader" in pc odin is confusing and doesn't make sense .Let's wait for an explanation from him unless you can elaborate more on this?

Reactions: melonatrix

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE

Honestly, I'm not sure have not tested myself.
So if it would turn out im wrong I apologize for that.
The best way to know for sure is to test yourself (preferably if your not on a KNOX bootloader with 0x0 still intact)

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
Well the links he's uploading on mega after downloading from sammobile are all bootloader included firmware so he needs to make it clear in his post to download firmware from sammobile that doesn't include bootlaoder (4.3) or flash it via mobile odin.Just by saying "don't tick bootloader" in pc odin is confusing and doesn't make sense .Let's wait for an explanation from him unless you can elaborate more on this?

Im just making fast mirror links, im not unpacking or modding the firmware at all.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
So what I said was right then? That the links being uploaded by him are fully un modded stock firmware which flash bootloader when flashed via pc odin and when flashed by mobile odin pro it doesnt flash bootloader.One cannot "uncheck" bootloader tab on pc odin with these files

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Honestly, I'm not sure have not tested myself.
So if it would turn out im wrong I apologize for that.
The best way to know for sure is to test yourself (preferably if your not on a KNOX bootloader with 0x0 still intact)

Im just making fast mirror links, im not unpacking or modding the firmware at all.

No need to apologize , I thought may be you had some knowledge how to avoid flashing bootloader when flashing stock firmware via pc odin hence i raised the question.You are doing a great job anyways uploading it on mega. Perhaps best to tell everyone if they want to go back to stock 4.3 just flash the stock firmware via mobile odin

Reactions: Androidwizzard

PaulMdx

Mar 11, 2007
Has anyone managed to flash this and most important does it fix the wi-fi problem ??(after long sleep the wi-fi doesn't turn on. Right now i am on nd3 stock flashed via odin 3.0.9.

I still have the wifi issue with this. Clean install, bootloader NE1, but still the wireless won't turn on after a period of sleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Model: GT-N7100
    Model name: GALAXY Note II
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: XEF
    PDA: N7100XXUFNE1
    CSC: N7100OXAFNE1
    MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Download> https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0
    Just saw this update.

I have an Italian N7100 and flashed over the France kit kat firmware (N7100XXUFND3) via odin, when it was first released.

Now, the new f/w is not available when checking for updates from my phone (not rooted). It says "latest updates already installed".

Shouldn't I get an update (N7100XXUFNE1) taken into consideration that my phone currently has the previous XEF f/w ?

Not if the CSC doesn't match the country your FW is for.

I am in a similar situation, I live in Italy and I have a Note II from Germany (DBT), Kies would always automatically alert me of new firmwares and download them for me (even though my Note is rooted), now that I have flashed a French FW Kies doesn't do that anymore (it would if I changed the CSC to France but that would wipe the Note so I am obviously not doing that).
    The onboard FOTA SW (for you that are not rooted) works exactly like Kies, the CSC must match the FW or it wouldn't see new updates.

No big deal really...
    Simply download the French update and flash it via Odin (which is what I am doing right now), it's a Kies FW so it will not wipe the Note.
    Thanks for the reply. My CSC is French. (check my previous message, I have added 2 screenshots for CSC and baseband)

That's still just the FW. Apps like this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo should show your smartphone's (not the FW's) Country Sale Code (and allow to change it, and you need root too).
    Does it still have the extra whitespace in the multitasking menu? And the blurry Wi-Fi icon? Or has it been improved?

KitKat build:
    pacarHq.jpg

Correct Jelly Bean build:
    FYjfzi3.jpg