i9505G - CWM 6.0.4.4 vs TWRP 2.6.3.0

Search This thread

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
Hello,

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition (i9505G) and went through all the steps of rooting, unlocking, and flashing CM11. I noticed that when I tried installing CWM 6.0.4.4 on it, it would work to let me install CM11, but then somehow still reboot into stock recovery: (I made a thread here before I found a solution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603469).

I just recently installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and found it to work without the issues I was having with CWM 6.0.4.4, although both are supposed to work fine. Is this a known problem or has anyone else found the same thing?

This isn't really a question (hence not in the Q&A) as I find it to be a development question for CWM in case I'm the first to have this findings with the recent CWM and recent 4.2.2 Android builds.

wilbarger

Aug 8, 2012
USA
Hello,

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition (i9505G) and went through all the steps of rooting, unlocking, and flashing CM11. I noticed that when I tried installing CWM 6.0.4.4 on it, it would work to let me install CM11, but then somehow still reboot into stock recovery: (I made a thread here before I found a solution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603469).

I just recently installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and found it to work without the issues I was having with CWM 6.0.4.4, although both are supposed to work fine. Is this a known problem or has anyone else found the same thing?

This isn't really a question (hence not in the Q&A) as I find it to be a development question for CWM in case I'm the first to have this findings with the recent CWM and recent 4.2.2 Android builds.

I use CWM 6.0.4.4 on my i9505G as I prefer it to TWRP. I have run both at different times with no issues except TWRP will sometimes lock on the splash screen.

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
Yes, the version for jfltexx. I flashed it through ODIN and never had any problems with it. Are you using ODIN to flash your recoveries?

Sometimes. I think I found the problem. I was using ROM Manager to flash the recovery, which seems to write the recovery somewhere else, because then I get stuck in a CWM bootloop when I would hit Restart-->Recovery. That is how I was getting stock recovery and CWM, because I just replicated the problem and had TWRP and CWM, then touch CWM and CWM. I don't know if it it writing it in a temporary fashion, but it is annoying. I'm going to just fix it by just using the ODIN versions and being done with it.