Toast Made real wood cover/skins

Search This thread

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Since screen protectors usually cover those top and bottom areas, would you basically not be able to take off the screen protector without taking off the skin? Would you even be able to use a screen protector underneath? I feel like it might be elevated.

codearm2

Mar 6, 2012
Must-not-tap-buy..

Sh*t, I'll gonna take one

Btw, it reminds me of some locals here whose specialty is making bamboo case for phones
It only costs $20-30 each and you can put whatever pic/text you want

599477_419933968052705_362678_n.jpg

599255_419933781386057_1180966109_n.jpg

Dunno if they can make one for N5

Last edited:

Lootes

Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I pulled the trigger this morning and order the white ash one. I ordered the front piece too, but not certain if I will install that piece. Will keep you guys posted when mine comes in.

Reactions: tiru.adi13

Lootes

Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, got the cover this morning and below is a link to the photos. I haven't put the front face cover on yet but placed it on the phone for the pictures so you can get an idea. The white ash color works well with my white Nexus as it isn't that visible at the seems.

Installation was straight forward and wasn't too challenging. One concern is if I will be able to pop out the sim tray, but will test that when I get home tonight.

let me know if you have any questions.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+AlexanderLuton/albums/5981882660137349729

Nocturnal86

Jul 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Hey guys, got the cover this morning and below is a link to the photos. I haven't put the front face cover on yet but placed it on the phone for the pictures so you can get an idea. The white ash color works well with my white Nexus as it isn't that visible at the seems.

Installation was straight forward and wasn't too challenging. One concern is if I will be able to pop out the sim tray, but will test that when I get home tonight.

Lookds good. How is the feel in the hand? do you feel the edges and all that?

Reactions: stevesteveLA

Lootes

Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
The feel is good. It is less slick than the stock white back, so I don't feel like it is going to slide out of my hand. Also, although subtle, you do feel the grain in the wood which is a nice touch.

Regarding the edges, there is a small seam between the back piece and the side pieces that breaks the continuity but it is something that after some use I doubt I will even notice. The edge of the side that is facing the screen is a bit more noticeable, but nothing too concerning, it is a piece of wood after all.

All in all, it is very well made, I especially like how the single back piece is designed to wrap over the curves of the back plate.

rudydimacali

Nov 12, 2012
The feel is good. It is less slick than the stock white back, so I don't feel like it is going to slide out of my hand. Also, although subtle, you do feel the grain in the wood which is a nice touch.

Regarding the edges, there is a small seam between the back piece and the side pieces that breaks the continuity but it is something that after some use I doubt I will even notice. The edge of the side that is facing the screen is a bit more noticeable, but nothing too concerning, it is a piece of wood after all.

All in all, it is very well made, I especially like how the single back piece is designed to wrap over the curves of the back plate.

How long did it take for them to ship it out for you? I'm a bit anxious, and I ordered it Saturday night and paid for priority shipping, do you think it'd be wrong to expect it by Friday?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Lootes

Nov 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
How long did it take for them to ship it out for you? I'm a bit anxious, and I ordered it Saturday night and paid for priority shipping, do you think it'd be wrong to expect it by Friday?

I ordered mine on the 5th of February and it shipped on the 12th, which was 5 business days. I didn't do priority shipping and it was delivered on the 15th. When I ordered mine, covers for the white nexus were shipping in 3 to 5 business days which is what I got. I do recall there was a message that said black nexus covers were taking a little longer to fulfill, not sure if that is still the case.

rudydimacali

Nov 12, 2012
I ordered mine on the 5th of February and it shipped on the 12th, which was 5 business days. I didn't do priority shipping and it was delivered on the 15th. When I ordered mine, covers for the white nexus were shipping in 3 to 5 business days which is what I got. I do recall there was a message that said black nexus covers were taking a little longer to fulfill, not sure if that is still the case.

Yep. Did say 3-5 days :( Guess it'll be sometime next week then. Thanks!

Knolly

Oct 18, 2010
Just installed mine and am very pleased with it. It has a really nice feel even if the edges on the wood are a bit sharp, not too sharp though. I installed the front cover on top of a glass screen protector with zero issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

heres mine with ebony ..looks and feel great in my hands

Tempting! Here is a video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HxLBz4piM4

The edges look terrible though... ugh.
    I pulled the trigger this morning and order the white ash one. I ordered the front piece too, but not certain if I will install that piece. Will keep you guys posted when mine comes in.

Yes, please post pictures!