need help updating

Search This thread

pandaheartpenguin

Mar 2, 2012
Good day fellow xda'ers. I have a problem updating my gs3. Its been a month(s) now since i cant update my phone. Mine still running on 4.1.2 JB. And i cant update to 4.3 or 4.4 if available. Whenever i try updating it either OTA or via kies. It tells me that i have the latest update/firmware installed. Can anyone help me update my phone to official update that will not compromizing any of my phone or will still be available update in the future. Or doesnt mess up my phone or will not result to any issues. Or dont loose any official samsung capability here. Thanks in advance. Because as i read in some forums. Updating my phone manually will cause any issue like not able to receive official updates in the future or cannot use,update or download any official samsung apps.

MODEL NUMBER: GT-I9300
BASEBAND VERSION: I9300XXELLA
BUILD NUMBER: JZO54K.I9300XXEMMA2

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
OTA only works if you have unmodified status and the correct CSC code for the country you are in, corrupt data or firmware can also cause update failures.

If status and CSC are correct then try factory reset, if OTA still doesn't work then follow the guide in general forum, sticky on how to flash an official firmware using odin. Download the firmware from Sammobile.com, choose the latest firmware for your country and factory reset after flashing.

pandaheartpenguin

Mar 2, 2012
Ahm,how can i check for the status and the csc? Sorry for being noob here sir. The thing is im just a bit scared to brick my phone. And if i may ask sir does installing a firmware using odin will not affect my phone or cause further issues. Because as i have read in other forums that flashing a firmware will cause me not to receive official updates from samsungs. And how will i know if the firmware is compatible in phone and in my country as well. Because to be honest i got this phone from someone. And i dont even know what country it came from. This is really frustrating coz you know it wont give me updates. It always saying that i already have the latest update which is not . I dont even know if the data is corrupted or firmware like what have you mentioned.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Search and read for how to view your CSC, dial *#1234# in dialler should do it.

If your phone is undamaged in anyway then flashing an official stock rom won't break anything, but will enable OTA updates.

However, if your phone has been messed with then any firmware after EMG4 will break network connection.

Chose the latest firmware for your own country, the country of origin is immaterial.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

pandaheartpenguin

Mar 2, 2012
Search and read for how to view your CSC, dial *#1234# in dialler should do it.

If your phone is undamaged in anyway then flashing an official stock rom won't break anything, but will enable OTA updates.

However, if your phone has been messed with then any firmware after EMG4 will break network connection.

Chose the latest firmware for your own country, the country of origin is immaterial.

Heres what i have found out so far
AP: I9300XXEMA2
CP: I9300XXELLA
CSC: I9300JVEMA1
so,what do you think is it ok if i flashed it manually? Pardon me for being a noobie here. I just dont want to messed up my phone dude. And i dont even know if my phone is already messed up with that EMG4 thingy like what have you mentioned. :( Please help. How do i find out if my phone is undamaged and is ok to manually flash. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-10-23-19-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-10-23-19-46.png
    44 KB · Views: 10

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
If you manually flash the same firmware as you have now, EMA2, then factory reset you won't break anything, but should fix OTA.

OTA will then update to the latest firmware, which is when you will find out if your phone has been fixed. There is no way to tell other than try it.

Search and read about efs v2, it changes a lot of things including sim lock, imei and serial number validation. If any of these things have been repaired then efs v2 will break your network connection.

pandaheartpenguin

Mar 2, 2012
I beg you pardon regarding this matter sir. Hmm,so how will i know if its compatible to my phone? About the firmware. And if i flash that thing manually will i be able to receive future updates coming off from samsung? One more thing this is really confused me what will i flash? The 4.3 firmware or EMA2? Do i really have to do that efs v2 thingy? What does it do to my phone? Is my phone really broken? And what exactly you mean about breaking my network connection. Im really sorry about this . Im really frustated about the situation. Can you please help mwnwhat should i do?

pandaheartpenguin

Mar 2, 2012
I tried visiting sammobile.com but i couldnt find what is needed to my phone. I search for the csc nothing is available for phil and the available there is only 4.3 and when i search for I9300 only it gives result for 4.3 and for philippines as well but when i looked into csc its different. :(