(Q) Can't root/s-off my gf's M8!

Search This thread

irbane

Feb 17, 2011
I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks

lucky_strike33

I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks

Reboot your phone. Wait for a pop up message that shows phone is rooted then run super su? Have you downloaded any rooted apps like root explorer? Reason I asked is because once you run the app supoeruser should pop up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
You're getting stuck on weaksauce? Try to uninstall everything, reboot, then re-download weaksauce and install again. Sometimes the root won't apply correctly.

If firewater doesn't work, you might have to use sunshine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

irbane

Feb 17, 2011
Reboot your phone. Wait for a pop up message that shows phone is rooted then run super su? Have you downloaded any rooted apps like root explorer? Reason I asked is because once you run the app supoeruser should pop up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

You're getting stuck on weaksauce? Try to uninstall everything, reboot, then re-download weaksauce and install again. Sometimes the root won't apply correctly.

If firewater doesn't work, you might have to use sunshine.

no rooted apps. I factory reset her phone before trying the root/s-off and it wouldn't take. after i reboot the phone, the toast message doesnt show up unless i run weaksauce again

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
It just takes a couple minutes to reroot after every reboot. And where in the instructions are you seeing to download and run supersu? Don't do that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
no rooted apps. I factory reset her phone before trying the root/s-off and it wouldn't take. after i reboot the phone, the toast message doesnt show up unless i run weaksauce again
I had the same issue when I first installed weaksauce. It was weird, root checker said I was rooted, but weaksauce would not reroot when I rebooted my device. I just downloaded a fresh copy and ran it again, and it worked perfectly the second time.