(Q) need skilled helper

Search This thread

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
Hi, my question is about 2g and 3g connection and its speed. I have ZTE blade stock 2.2 and everything was ok until i installed new app from play store called Provision optimize. It automatically install tweaks into build.prop. Everything went great, the responsiveness that developer claimed is better is really is but it screwed my 2g and 3g connection. Before i wait about 2-3 seconds to load a page in opera mini, now i have to wait more than 10. I cant even enter play store because of connection time out. There is a JiT compiler option where they said it helps better performance when browsing, so i tried to delete this option, but its not it...can any skilled user read my build.prop and tell me which of the rows can do this bad things so i can delete it? thnx

Heres my build.prop

Edit: everythings fine over wifi, only the mobile connection is fu***d up.

Attachments

• build.rar
    1.8 KB · Views: 7

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
The categories that you changed didnt do this. I tried to tweak 3g connection with another app and set those values in the 3g/4g speed optimizer. It must be something else...but i noticed that youve changed the ro.ril.hsxpa to 2...so it takes HSDPA and HSUPA. Dont know if it can do the trick because 3g connection works but it seems that it wait for any command to start loading because its annoyingly slow and it used to be very fast...

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
So I tried few changes in build.prop and ro.ril.hdsxpa=2 didn't help, neither that a53 to 0 (turn off increased ciphering.

Edit: gprs class to 12 didn't help too

Swyped from my ZTE Blade

Last edited:

sashank

Dec 31, 2010
Bangalore, KA, India
Since you haven't backed up the old build.prop to compare what's changed (before you used Provision Optimizer), you can try mailing the devs to ask what exactly the app changes in build.prop regarding 3G/2G. Once they tell you, you can download CM 7.2 RC1 for your phone from the CM website, and compare the build.prop of CM with the stuff that the app changed in your current build.prop. The build.prop of CM should have the right settings for most of the options, so you can change your values to those and check. You don't have to e-mail the devs of the app, you could just compare the CM build.prop with the one you have and make changes, but if you e-mail them it'll give an idea of what exactly was changed and why. Just for knowledge.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
I have backuped build.prop from 23.3. from the app itself. I never touched the build.prop before this apart from heap size. Dunno if ram manager from Juwe touching it. BUt im scared to delete this and put back the backup..because im noob and if somethings goes wrong ill explode

EDIT: heres what in the build.prop new compared to the old one:

ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=220
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
debug.composition.type=gpu
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
ro.samsung.proximity.delay=0
ro.sec.proximity.delay=0
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0
ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
ro.min_pointer_dur=1
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000
persist.service.pcsync.enable=0
user.feature.flex=true
user.feature.ls_event=false
user.feature.ls_normal=false
user.feature.sui=false
ro.cdma.nbpcd=1
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=15
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast
windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true

Last edited:

sashank

Dec 31, 2010
Bangalore, KA, India
Rename the current build.prop to build.prop.bak and leave it in the same folder. Copy your old build.prop into /system now and set permissions. If mobile data works fine now then you'll know for sure it's a build.prop problem and not something else. Always backup your current build.prop before copying a new one and you'll be fine.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
Everything's OK now. I deleted the modified one and renamed the backup. I need two or three restarts and its OK. Thnx for your time :)

Swyped from my ZTE Blade