Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
It seems like my nexus 10 is re flashing the original systemui.apk when i reboot, when i checked the systemui.apk there are no changes in the res\drawable-xhdpi
Weird - I've never seen that happen.

Is there a backup being made in the vrtheme-backup folder?
Are you flashing with CWM or TWRP
What does recovery say when you're flashing?

Reactions: davidwilson83

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
same thing is happening with TWRP
Strange...

Try this vrtheme that completely replaces the current SystemUI.apk and see if that works.

Nexus_10_4.2_JOP40C_Blue_Circle_Battery_SystemUI_VRTheme.zip

If it doesn't, pull SystemUI.apk from the vrtheme and replace yours with it manually (permissions: rw-r--r--).

It may be that the N10 doesn't like my vrthemes...

[EDIT] I've changed the update-binary in the vrthemes to see if that fixes it. [/EDIT]

Last edited:

kamaltmo

Nov 10, 2012
Southport
www.youtube.com
Strange...

Try this vrtheme that completely replaces the current SystemUI.apk and see if that works.

Nexus_10_4.2_JOP40C_Blue_Circle_Battery_SystemUI_VRTheme.zip

If it doesn't, pull SystemUI.apk from the vrtheme and replace yours with it manually (permissions: rw-r--r--).

It may be that the N10 doesn't like my vrthemes...

[EDIT] I've changed the update-binary in the vrthemes to see if that fixes it. [/EDIT]

YAY that did it working perfectly Thank You :)

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
YAY that did it working perfectly Thank You :)

What did it perfectly?

Flashing "Nexus_10_4.2_JOP40C_Blue_Circle_Battery_SystemUI_VRTheme.zip" or pulling the apk and replacing yours?

If it was Flashing the theme, could you try flashing "Nexus 10 4.2 JOP40C Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme" and then flashing "Nexus 10 4.2 JOP40C Blue Circle Base Battery VRTheme" (from post #38) and let me know if it works now.

Thanks.

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Update

The OTA update of Android to 4.2.1 makes changes to SystemUI.apk so I've added a 4.2.1 JOP40D HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme to the first post

NOTE: Before flashing any Battery Universal VRTheme over the Stock 4.2.1 JOP40D HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme,
you should delete the drawable-sw720dp-hdpi folder from the Battery Universal VRTheme zip first.

(vrtheme/system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-sw720dp-hdpi)

Reactions: afcrib

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Update

Added Blue Droid Battery Universal VRTheme to the first post
bluedroidbattery.png

ryanmfraser

Feb 25, 2011
TX
ryanthieves.tumblr.com
Update

The OTA update of Android to 4.2.1 makes changes to SystemUI.apk so I've added a 4.2.1 JOP40D HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme to the first post

NOTE: Before flashing any Battery Universal VRTheme over the Stock 4.2.1 JOP40D HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme,
you should delete the drawable-sw720dp-hdpi folder from the Battery Universal VRTheme zip first.

(vrtheme/system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-sw720dp-hdpi)

Was so confused for a second, the drawable-sw720dp-hdpi folder is not included in the 4.2.1 zip. Downloaded the zip twice just to be sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Was so confused for a second, the drawable-sw720dp-hdpi folder is not included in the 4.2.1 zip.

The drawable-sw720dp-hdpi folder is only included in the 4.1.2 base vrtheme for use in tablet mode. 4.2 & 4.2.1 use the icons in the folder differently.

The battery universal vrthemes include the folder for users flashing over the 4.1.2 base vrtheme but it needs to be removed if you're flashing over 4.2 & 4.2.1

psloan

Dec 11, 2010
Warning to nexus 3g users!

I flashed this on my nexus 7 3g and lost the "H" indicator on the status bar. It would only show "3g". I confirmed this by flashing to stock and only flashing this.

4.2_JOP40C_HyDrOG3N_Base_Battery_VRTheme.zip

Is this just a UI thing saying the connection is 3g when in reality it is hspa?

Thanks.

--pat

Reactions: tungsifu

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Warning to nexus 3g users!

I flashed this on my nexus 7 3g and lost the "H" indicator on the status bar. It would only show "3g". I confirmed this by flashing to stock and only flashing this.

4.2_JOP40C_HyDrOG3N_Base_Battery_VRTheme.zip

Is this just a UI thing saying the connection is 3g when in reality it is hspa?

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up, It can only be a 'UI thing' as the vrtheme only amends the SystemUI.apk

If you attach your 3G 4.2 JOP40C (nakasig) SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk I'll take a look, compare it with the wifi only (nakasi) version and see if this needs it's own Base VRTheme.

If it does, a 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D (nakasig) SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk would be handy too!

psloan

Dec 11, 2010
I am still on 4.2. here are the files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz90vagch8yijhp/framework-res.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0g5c18fxljh5tkq/SystemUI.apk

BTW, thanks for the cool mod, I like the way it looks on the status bar. Also thanks for taking the time to look a this.

--pat

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up, It can only be a 'UI thing' as the vrtheme only amends the SystemUI.apk

If you attach your 3G 4.2 JOP40C (nakasig) SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk I'll take a look, compare it with the wifi only (nakasi) version and see if this needs it's own Base VRTheme.

If it does, a 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D (nakasig) SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk would be handy too!

Reactions: tungsifu

Lar3s

Oct 25, 2009
DP
Hi all. Help me please: someone has a full set of stock ICS/JB battery icons with 1% step, but without digits? Like this:

Untitled-1.png

Lar3s

Oct 25, 2009
DP
If you can give me a link to the battery icon pngs, I'll happily do you a vrtheme.
Thanks. Here is my files: View attachment project_drawable-hdpi.rar

You can see that icons 1-15, 16-28, 29-43, 44-57, 58-71, 72-85 and 86-100 are the same. I just want to redraw it for more smooth indication (but w/o digits). My problem consists in indexed color in these pngs. Photoshop and other image editors can not open these files correctly. Can you advise the normal editor or help convert these images to 32-bit RGB? :silly: It's all what i need, I'll do the rest myself.

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
I just want to redraw it for more smooth indication (but w/o digits). My problem consists in indexed color in these pngs. Photoshop and other image editors can not open these files correctly. Can you advise the normal editor or help convert these images to 32-bit RGB? :silly: It's all what i need, I'll do the rest myself.

I see what you mean. Personally, I use Adobe Fireworks for this sort of work.

I've batch converted all of the icons to 32-bit, checked that they'll open in Photoshop and attached them below.

Attachments

• 32-bit_project_drawable-hdpi.rar
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts