[Help] Wiped Internal Storage

Search This thread

Dablizzack

Oct 29, 2011
Cincinnati
I rooted and upgraded to the latest CarbonRom nightlie. I got the message "System UIDs are Inconsistent", so I searched for solutions and found out to wipe data and start again. Well I accidently clicked Wipe Internal SDcard while do an advanced wipe. So obviously my phone is dead in the water. I understand I need to adb sideload a stock ROM, but when I try to run adb devices it returns with no devices even though my computer did recognize a new device.

Please I need help badly. I really don't want a $100 paper-weight.

zero0422

Jul 25, 2010
Saint Paul
What model? I also did the same thing, and sideload didn't work so I just did the revert to stock. You can find threads related to reverting throughout this forum.

Dablizzack

Oct 29, 2011
Cincinnati
What model? I also did the same thing, and sideload didn't work so I just did the revert to stock. You can find threads related to reverting throughout this forum.

Which recovery are you using? Have you tried doing a restore from the recovery?

I'm on Verizon and my recovery is TWRP. I've been trying this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471370 but it just just says the phone is not connected even though I have the correct drivers and have restarted my computer.

wasturaka

Jul 1, 2013
Bogor
This is a dumb idea, but im pretty sure it will work...

Borrow your friend's android phone, insert your SD card in it, then copy the ROM file of yours to it... Then insert your SD card back to your phone, boot into recovery, flash the ROM... No computer needed :p

Sent from my Sony Xperia E Dual

Dablizzack

Oct 29, 2011
Cincinnati
This is a dumb idea, but im pretty sure it will work...

Borrow your friend's android phone, insert your SD card in it, then copy the ROM file of yours to it... Then insert your SD card back to your phone, boot into recovery, flash the ROM... No computer needed :p

Sent from my Sony Xperia E Dual

LG G2 doesn't have an external sdcard

tdevaughn

Oct 31, 2010
Davidson, NC
Look for koush's driver. You do not have the correct drivers loaded. Uses different drivers in different modes on the phone. Many threads already on this same subject, should be east to find links to the drivers

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Dablizzack

Oct 29, 2011
Cincinnati
Look for koush's driver. You do not have the correct drivers loaded. Uses different drivers in different modes on the phone. Many threads already on this same subject, should be east to find links to the drivers

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Downloaded koush's driver. Now when I search for device instead of returning just

List of devices attached

And no devices listed it is now returning

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

But still not listing that my phone is connected in Download Mode.

Edit ///// It has now discovered my device, but now returns * cannot read 'sideload' *

Last edited:

zero0422

Jul 25, 2010
Saint Paul
Downloaded koush's driver. Now when I search for device instead of returning just

List of devices attached

And no devices listed it is now returning

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

But still not listing that my phone is connected in Download Mode.

Edit ///// It has now discovered my device, but now returns * cannot read 'sideload' *

Yep, same thing mine did. None of the drivers worked to get sideload working.

I'm also using the VS980 and used this method for returning to stock, works perfect.

Dablizzack

Oct 29, 2011
Cincinnati
Yep, same thing mine did. None of the drivers worked to get sideload working.

I'm also using the VS980 and used this method for returning to stock, works perfect.

The download times on this is terrible. Over 9 hours for a 2GB file. I'd like to figure out why adb isn't working when (to my knowledge I'm doing everything correctly).

adb devices return

Phone ID Sideload

And then when I do adb sideload LG-G2-VZW-OTA-VS98011A.zip it returns

* cannot read 'sideload' *

And yes I opened the cmd prompt in the adb folder.

zero0422

Jul 25, 2010
Saint Paul
Well, instead of spending your time on sideload which doesnt seem to be working, just push the ROM to your device then.

adb push name.zip sdcard/

caps matter in the names.

Last edited:

Dablizzack

Oct 29, 2011
Cincinnati
Well, instead of spending your time on sideload which doesnt seem to be working, just push the ROM to your device then.

adb push name.zip sdcard/

caps matter in the names.

In the process of doing that now. It's now been about 40 minutes. I know the stock rom is almost 2GB but it doesn't seem like it should take this long.