Weird Softbrick

Search This thread

ABR2704

Sep 6, 2011
So I installed a TWRP RECOVERY a Motorola RAZR i, using the Flash Tool.

It installed but I could never access it from the POWER VOLUME UP & DOWN method.

So I had to turn the phone on and enable USB Debugging then use ADB to reboot into recovery via the Flash Tool.

Then I was working on a PORT when I flashed a ROM, it went into bootflop, now I cannot get into the BOOTLOADER at all.

It never works, it will show the normal warning sign and then just go straight to the ROM.

I tried using RSD with an SBF File but it did not work, as I have to be in fastboot and I cannot be in without going into the bootloader.

Is there no hope for this device...

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
I have the feeling that twrp isn't flashed right. U did use fastboot?

For the bootloop. Hold volume down the whole time when it boots/bootloops, it will boot in ap flashmode (fastboot). Maybe u need to stop pressing the button after the first restart(when holding the volume down button) at the moment u get the warning.

Easily recoverable, just need some trying with the above way.

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013
My method to come into fastboot-mode while having a bootloop:

1. when in bootloop press all buttons (power, VolUp, VolDown) and keep pressed
2. when screen goes off, leave the VolUp button alone, keep VolDown and Power pressed.
3. when phone vibrates, leave power alone and keep VolDown pressed
4. the bl-unlock-warning shows up and after a few seconds you should be in fastboot-mode
5. now you can leave VolDown alone ;)

Maybe you need some tries, cause its a question of timing, but for me it works.

ABR2704

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks...

@icual

I am very grateful for your help. Thank You ever so much. The solution worked perfectly. You saved my phone :)