[I9000B] Brazil Galaxy S, Thread/Discussion/Roms (Updated: ICS for I9000B)

Search This thread

droid8622

Sep 29, 2006
Well, our phone is succesfuly running Jelly Bean 4.1 , even better than ICS as I feel, but I have one question for a long time - how to get work wired handsfree? Microphone and button on headset are not working in ICS and JB ((

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THIS POST BEFORE ASK! USE ENGLISH ONLY PLEASE!

General Note: There are now four official models of the Samsung Galaxy S outside the US: the GT-I9000 (International), GT-I9000M (Canada), GT-I9000B (Brazil), GT-I9000T (Mexico). All information in this FAQ is based on the GT-I9000 International version. Most of them also apply to the other models. The I9000M and I9000T are virtually identical to the I9000 and are mostly compatible with I9000 software. The I9000B has an added digital television receiver and is generally not as compatible. Please check carefully before starting to mess with the firmware on your device, check for possible compatibility issues beforehand and ALWAYS make sure you have three button recovery

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR I9000B:Ok guys, now is possible find more than one modded kerner for I9000B, but you must be careful, because many of them have a lot of bugs or are't fully tested. Almost all of new moded kernel doesn't support Digital TV so if it is useful for you, don't try, until the official firmware updates are released.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    ICE CREAM SANDWICH

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for Galaxy S (for may models, included I9000B. Digital TV NOT supported)
    [ROM][ICS][I9000] Team ICSSGS RC4.2

No 3G/HSDPA, Extreme Battery drain? you need another modem for your ICS?
    Check this list, with compatible modems for CM7/MIUI/ICS/CM9 by siky_dude
    [CM7/MIUI/ICS/CM9][06.01.12] Modems + Bootloaders(MD5)

GINGERBREAD

You like Gingerbread? No problem, now you can use ANY Gingerbread ROM without problems. Only you must use Mafalda Kernel for I9000B available in different flavors.

Mafalda-0.9-4-OC1200gpu.tar.md5 ODIN-1200Hz OverClock
    Mafalda-0.9-4-OC1200gpu.zip CWM-1200Hz Overclock
    0.9-4-Mafalda-noOC.tar ODIN -No Overclock - RS
    0.9-4-Mafalda-noOC.tar ODIN -No Overclock -Multiple Mirrors

NOTE:Unfortunately, because Megaupload was closed, we lost too many links and other flavors of Mafalda Kernel. So, if you have the file, please upload and share it.

Links
    (NOTE: Not all the info provided in the following links is useful for I900B, PLEASE becareful and read with attention)
    General Info for SGS I9000 (FAQ, HOWTO, TUTORIALS)
    How to: Flashing your SGS
    [VIDEO] Using Odin
    [APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 (One Click Rooting-Unrooting)
    How to [/COLOR]unlock/unfreeze all SGS Models
    Rom brazil unbranded (zto) 2.3.3

BRAZIL, UNBRANDED (ZTO) 2.3.3
    Compilation: GINGERBREAD.VJJW4
    Base Band: I9000BVJJW2
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7
    Link: h t t p :// www.megaupload.com/?d=63PPQQ2G
    How-to Root Gingerbread 2.3.3 Stock using FuguRoot
    1: Flash the stock rom
    2: Download the zImage moded for Odin
    3: Flash it with either Odin or Heimdall
    4: Boot once, it will install root and crash/shutdown (if you let it conected to usb will loop on charging)
    5. Disconnect and enter download mode
    6: Reflash the ONLY original kernel (Download here)
    7. DONE!

No 3G/GPRS/EDGE after flashing?
    Is very common that after flashing a new firmware or kernel your device isn't conecting to 3G. WHY? Because many of the firmwares or kernels wipe all the user data includig de APN, wich contains the neccesary info to connect your device to 3G networks. But don't worry, this is not the end of the world. You could Add your APN confirgation just following this steps

1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Wireless and network
    3. Then go to Mobile networks
    4. You will find the Acces Point Names or APN were should be the info to connect to 3G, click here
    5. After that, use the "phisical" button of menu
    6. Choose New APN
    7. Set the configurarion of your carrier/mobile network (This info could be found at carrier/mobile network web page or just simply googling)
    8. Done! you have your SGS configurated

To prevent loose the APN data, exists many apps wich could help. One of them is APN Backup & Restore a simple FREE App to backup and restore APNs. Very usefull.

The are some devices that's not necessary to back up data or add the data again, just conecting to 3G will download and apply de data by itselfs.

Problem with SuperOneClick v1.5.5 ?
    If you get stucked at any moment of the process, waiting days for getting mount path?
    Here is a solution.

1. Turn on usb debugging

2. Turn off phone & plug into usb

3. Start SuperOneClick

4. When it says waiting for device, turn phone on and let SOC finish the job.

5. Enjoy root!

(source)
    BRAZIL , VIVO (ZVV) 2.3.3
    GINGERBREAD.VJJW4
    Link: h t t p://www.megaupload.com/?d=AL221LI1

BRAZIL , CLARO (ZTA) 2.3.3
    GINGERBREAD.VJJW4
    Link: h t t p://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYT22GGH
    some useful links for our I9000B

Brasil forum with a lot of I9000B roms
    http://brasildroid.com.br/galaxy-s-i9000b-desenvolvimento/
    Where most intersting are temhacksung for i9000b - http://code.google.com/p/i9000b-ics/downloads/list
    and cC Y A N Oo III.I - http://code.google.com/p/i9000b-nono/

Also we have
    F4K ICS ROM
    http://www.f4krom.com.ar/foro/index.php?/topic/814-ics-f4k-mod-v403/