22 KB · Views: 2,651
  • QPST.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 2,292
Last edited:

t12icky0

Mar 27, 2010
Shawnee, ks
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
ok whats the PRL number? just curious as i have 31400 right now. PLUS you dont have to have the $55 dollar plan, if you did alot of trial and error you would know this also. just use this if your on a $45 plan like i am and everything works just fine...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730289

Nice writeUp Also but i can swear with the exceptions of a few different words its just the same of THIS GUIDE! YOU DIDNT SEARCH REALLY AT ALL DID YOU! this one provided has pictures, and a written tutorial also.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=934417

I dod appreciate you pasting this writeup but please make sure you do the proper searching and information if your gunna do it. Thanks

T

timinator94

prl number is 4399 and I did see that guide but he never clarified where the MIN went. Notice I had commented on problems I had before figuring it out. I clarified the steps needed and included a working .qcn file to keep it simple and easy. So you dont need the pictures:rolleyes:

T

timinator94

you dont have to have the $55 dollar plan, if you did alot of trial and error you would know this also. just use this if your on a $45 plan like i am and everything works just fine...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730289

Yes but if you use the $45 dollar plan web/mms dont stay if you flash a different rom. This will. However in gingerbread roms mms will stop working. I will post a fix to that soon.

shaolinz

Feb 15, 2011
Very Nice!

Question on Gingerbread mms fix .....can i flash any gingerbread rom and use this ?....how to i install the fix? thanks alot

chiles

Jun 10, 2008
Just a quick suggestion, it looks like you left in your mobile number in the PPP settings. But awesome idea to upload qpst settings. Trying it out now. Thanks!

T

timinator94

Oops. I'll take care of it when I get home from work. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

shaolinz

Feb 15, 2011
Help

I was wondering i have a cricket flashed evo do you know how to get the mms working on cyanogenmod7 or miui ?:confused:

jay713

Aug 4, 2010
Houston
Hi. I have the 45 dollar plan and I'm running CM7.I have web working but the MMS isnt working. Should i try to reflash my phone and try it again?

ljohnson1981

Jul 7, 2009
Hi. I have the 45 dollar plan and I'm running CM7.I have web working but the MMS isnt working. Should i try to reflash my phone and try it again?

unfortunately you did not read the post.................. but you must be on the ADR Smartphone rate plan for this to work. if you want to keep your affordable $45 plan you will need to take further steps. I can point you in the right direction

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
I have yet to find a comprehensive, easy to understand guide to flashing the HTC Evo to Cricket. I have learned this from trial and error. If there is a good guide out there then please post it. Lets Begin
Things You Will Need:
1) Htc Evo 4g :D
2) Root www.unrevoked.com
3) Crickets $55 Android Plan
4) A Windows pc (x86 or x64)
5) HTC Diagnostic Drivers(attached)
6) Cricket Nation Wide PRL(Attached latest as of 3/21/2011)
7) CDMA Workshop http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html (the Demo Is all You Need)
6) QPST 2.7_355 http://www.mediafire.com/?giv1y4qd02k6y63
7) MSL Reader (Its in the market)
8) You must be smarter than the average bear

The first step is to root the phone. I recommend unrevoked.com
One more thing: I highly recommend using that genius deathsled's cricket rom located here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=784776
HOWEVER Any rom will work to an extent. I will post a mms fix for gingerbread roms as well
Now for the guide
1) Call cricket and set up the plan, have them program the phone into their system(Make sure to mention that you have a flashed phone) and get your MIN/MDN numbers from them you will need them. Then Install msl reader to get your msl. Write it down
2) Unzip the drivers to your desktop.
3) Plug the phone into your computer(select charge only) and dial ##DIAG# and DM Command Service should come up on the phone. Your computer will try and locate the HTC Diag drivers and fail. Install them manually through device manager.
4)Install QPST. After you are done open QPST Configuration. Click add port and select the one that says surf.
5) Leave qpst open and extract the CDMA Workshop Demo to your desktop. Open CDMA Workshop.
6) On the COM Settings part select your phones port and set the Baud Rate to USB.
7) Click Connect, then Read. When prompted enter your msl
8) Click the “security” tab under SPC type in your MSL code and click SPC> Send It should say Phone unlocked
9) Then replace your MSL code with all zeros 000000 and click SPC>Write
10) Restart The Phone
11) Dial ##DIAG# once more
12) Open QPST Configuration, make sure your phone is still listed, then Click Start clients> Service Programing
13) In QPST Click "read from phone" then click the "CDMA" tab
14) I have also included a qpst file open it through qpst now
15) Go through all of the tabs and add your number wherever you see all 9s
16) On the cdma tab where it says imsi_s put your MIN
17) Then go to the roam tab and under preferred roaming load the prl(extract it to desktop)
18) Click write to phone
19) Install APN Backup Restore after phone reboots from market
20) Create a new text document and paste this to it (make sure to edit it with your number!)
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="1">
<apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
</apns>
Rename the file to apn.xml
21) Open apn backup restore, click backup apn , the put apn.xml into the APN Backup Restore folder and restore it. Reboot
22) Your done! Now enjoy your new cricket phone!:cool:

View attachment 548432

View attachment 548433

*GINGERBREAD FIX*
1) Using root explorer, go to /system/app and delete mms.apk, then put the included mms.apk into /system/app then open and install it.
2) Using root explorer delete EVERYTHING located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ then put the telephony.db file provided in that directory.
3) Reboot
4) Profit
*UPDATE*
If the above method doesn't work try the following in conjunction with the above.
1)Flash attached cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip
2) Install autostart from market
3) Reboot and select yes at the su prompt at startup
Let me know if that works. If not I will flash back to CM7 and do more experimenting.

if your on the android plan u shouldnt need autostart cuz that was to direct web access through a proxy to make it work

shaolinz

Feb 15, 2011
I have yet to find a comprehensive, easy to understand guide to flashing the HTC Evo to Cricket. I have learned this from trial and error. If there is a good guide out there then please post it. Lets Begin
Things You Will Need:
1) Htc Evo 4g :D
2) Root www.unrevoked.com
3) Crickets $55 Android Plan
4) A Windows pc (x86 or x64)
5) HTC Diagnostic Drivers(attached)
6) Cricket Nation Wide PRL(Attached latest as of 3/21/2011)
7) CDMA Workshop http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html (the Demo Is all You Need)
6) QPST 2.7_355 http://www.mediafire.com/?giv1y4qd02k6y63
7) MSL Reader (Its in the market)
8) You must be smarter than the average bear

The first step is to root the phone. I recommend unrevoked.com
One more thing: I highly recommend using that genius deathsled's cricket rom located here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=784776
HOWEVER Any rom will work to an extent. I will post a mms fix for gingerbread roms as well
Now for the guide
1) Call cricket and set up the plan, have them program the phone into their system(Make sure to mention that you have a flashed phone) and get your MIN/MDN numbers from them you will need them. Then Install msl reader to get your msl. Write it down
2) Unzip the drivers to your desktop.
3) Plug the phone into your computer(select charge only) and dial ##DIAG# and DM Command Service should come up on the phone. Your computer will try and locate the HTC Diag drivers and fail. Install them manually through device manager.
4)Install QPST. After you are done open QPST Configuration. Click add port and select the one that says surf.
5) Leave qpst open and extract the CDMA Workshop Demo to your desktop. Open CDMA Workshop.
6) On the COM Settings part select your phones port and set the Baud Rate to USB.
7) Click Connect, then Read. When prompted enter your msl
8) Click the “security” tab under SPC type in your MSL code and click SPC> Send It should say Phone unlocked
9) Then replace your MSL code with all zeros 000000 and click SPC>Write
10) Restart The Phone
11) Dial ##DIAG# once more
12) Open QPST Configuration, make sure your phone is still listed, then Click Start clients> Service Programing
13) In QPST Click "read from phone" then click the "CDMA" tab
14) I have also included a qpst file open it through qpst now
15) Go through all of the tabs and add your number wherever you see all 9s
16) On the cdma tab where it says imsi_s put your MIN
17) Then go to the roam tab and under preferred roaming load the prl(extract it to desktop)
18) Click write to phone
19) Install APN Backup Restore after phone reboots from market
20) Create a new text document and paste this to it (make sure to edit it with your number!)
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="1">
<apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
</apns>
Rename the file to apn.xml
21) Open apn backup restore, click backup apn , the put apn.xml into the APN Backup Restore folder and restore it. Reboot
22) Your done! Now enjoy your new cricket phone!:cool:

View attachment 548432

View attachment 548433

*GINGERBREAD FIX*
1) Using root explorer, go to /system/app and delete mms.apk, then put the included mms.apk into /system/app then open and install it.
2) Using root explorer delete EVERYTHING located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ then put the telephony.db file provided in that directory.
3) Reboot
4) Profit
*UPDATE*
If the above method doesn't work try the following in conjunction with the above.
1)Flash attached cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip
2) Install autostart from market
3) Reboot and select yes at the su prompt at startup
Let me know if that works. If not I will flash back to CM7 and do more experimenting.
the mms fix isnt working for me all it did is remove my mms completely

Top Liked Posts