[Q] LG-G2 D800 LGG2 Recovery Problems

Search This thread

Traceguy

Feb 4, 2013
I bought a phone pre rooted and everything. It was nice, but the problem is I am having trouble changing the recovery on the phone.

For a long time I had TWRP 2.6.3.4. I could not flash any recovery over it. I was finally able to flash TWRP 2.6.3.1 using the same method to get TWRP. At that point I'm still not able to flash a recovery over TWRP.

I just discovered "flashify" tonight where I had flashed the CWR image for the d800. Now I can't even boot into recovery. It acts like I have non. I can boot into android no-problem though.

When I use "flashify" or "Recovery Tools" they claim I still have TWRP 2.6.3.1.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can someone please help me.

Hid3rs

Dec 27, 2013
I too tried flashing CWM over TWRP using Flashify, but it didn't work, it still said I had TWRP. However, Flashify did work to revert back to Stock Recovery.

I still have the backup file of the Stock Recovery, I can upload it somewhere if you want to, then maybe you can install CWM.
I have a D802 myself, not sure if my backup would work with your D800 though. but if you're adventurous... :)

Last edited:

Traceguy

Feb 4, 2013
I too tried flashing CMW over TWRP using Flashify, but it didn't work, it still said I had TWRP. However, Flashify did work to revert back to Stock Recovery.

I still have the backup file of the Stock Recovery, I can upload it somewhere if you want to, then maybe you can install CMW.
I have a D802 myself, not sure if my backup would work with your D800 though. but if you're adventurous... :)

I was able to get back a version of TWRP following this: http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/03/flash-custom-recovery-lg-g2-versions-video/

Still don't know why I can't get other recoveries like CWR or why almost all versions of CM will fail to flash using TWRP

EDIT

I miss read you post. I thought you had a copy of TWRP. Go ahead and send the the stock recovery as that's one thing I have yet to try..

Last edited:

Hid3rs

Dec 27, 2013
I was able to get back a version of TWRP following this: http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/03/flash-custom-recovery-lg-g2-versions-video/

Still don't know why I can't get other recoveries like CWR or why almost all versions of CM will fail to flash using TWRP

EDIT

I miss read you post. I thought you had a copy of TWRP. Go ahead and send the the stock recovery as that's one thing I have yet to try..

Well now I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Even for custom recoveries there are different files to download for D800 and D802. I don't think my backup would be compatible with your variant.

If you want CM, try flashing Official Nightlies. I've heard they are stable. I flashed CM11 Nightly with TWRP 2.6.3.4 just fine. You can grab it for D800 here.

Traceguy

Feb 4, 2013
Well now I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Even for custom recoveries there are different files to download for D800 and D802. I don't think my backup would be compatible with your variant.

If you want CM, try flashing Official Nightlies. I've heard they are stable. I flashed CM11 Nightly with TWRP 2.6.3.4 just fine. You can grab it for D800 here.

Mine never works. I think its a MD5 error or something. I can only get one version of CM running and I think it's 10.2, I assume my whole phone is just messed up. Not being able to flash CM or recoveries.