No signal execept 911 calls

Search This thread

drivers1492

Mar 12, 2013
I picked up a mint verizon s3 local on a trade for some scrap phones I had. So here is my issue. I put in a sim(at&t) and got the switch to global notification but it never gets signal. Phone info shows -120dbm 99asu. Figured since it was free I would play with it and installed hyperdriver rls 16 still nothing. Took everything back to the first stock ics nothing. Currently have it on jb 4.1.1 nothing. I started to wonder if the radio was trashed so I dialed 911 with no sim in the phone and it popped up 3 bars and made the call.

Am I wrong in thinking this phone will work on US networks with a sim? Anyone ran into this problem possibly can maybe point me into a direction to get it working. The phone is clean and not blacklisted and it reads the different sims I have put in it I just can't get any signal to pull up other than an emergency call. I know there is signal my s4 is on the gsm network sitting right next to it.

Thanks in advance, I have been searching since yesterday for a solution.

****update.....Went ahead and took it to 4.1.2 stock and happened to find an old verizon sim. Phone picks up verizons network without issue. Still nothing when using the at&t sim.

Last edited:

drivers1492

Mar 12, 2013
It isn't working for AT&T because you haven't set up the appropriate APNs for that network. Google AT&T APNs. Reboot after making the changes. CHECK FOR TYPOS!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I thought I would at minimum show signal even without adding the apn. From everything I have read its talk ready just inserting the sim. Will look at adding apn's this morning.

Last edited:

samsgun357

May 3, 2012
There's a thread about getting vzw s3 to work on T-Mobile, I'd imagine you'd need to follow a similar process. And FYI, all phones will call 911, sim, no sim service, no service, they'll call 911. My niece was playing with one of my sisters old, no longer connected phones. All of the sudden police and ambulances showed up. She had dialed 911, they tried to return the call unsuccessfully so they used the phones GPS info and showed up at the house.

Eat Play Google

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It isn't working for AT&T because you haven't set up the appropriate APNs for that network. Google AT&T APNs. Reboot after making the changes. CHECK FOR TYPOS!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk