[Q] Gear Fit constantly disconnecting/reconnecting from AT&T S4

Search This thread

Wolfman099

Apr 26, 2014
I have a stock AT&T S4. It is running 4.4.2. I picked up the Gear Fit yesterday and it took an entire day to get the Gear Fit manager to finally recognize the device. Bluetooth picked up the device no problem and the pair was successful, but the Fit Manager would not proceed. I was running the latest version (from 4/25/14).

After about 100 attempts (literally), it finally recognized the device and updated the firmware. That seemed to help and I was able to perform the initial configuration. Now the device constantly disconnects. I can only get it to stay connected for about 5 minutes. This is after multiple device and Fit reboots.

As of this morning, I have tried about 20 times and it hasn't connected once. This is VERY frustrating. Samsung really needs to get their act together here. I was super excited when this came out, but if things don't improve I will be forced to return it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips to get this thing working?

skraam

Jul 11, 2010
I would advice you to try and connect it to other device and see if that helps, maybe there is something wrong with your S4 and not Fit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Wolfman099

Apr 26, 2014
I would advice you to try and connect it to other device and see if that helps, maybe there is something wrong with your S4 and not Fit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

I purchased it at Best Buy. Maybe i'll stop up their later to see if I can test on one of their display units.

admisi

Apr 23, 2005
IT doesn't play well at all with other bluetooth devices trying to connect at the same time - this may be the problem. Everytime I get into my car, there is a tremendous battle between my handsfree and the gear fit, lol, each one keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, fighting for supremacy!

StolenVW

Mar 20, 2012
Elizaville
IT doesn't play well at all with other bluetooth devices trying to connect at the same time - this may be the problem. Everytime I get into my car, there is a tremendous battle between my handsfree and the gear fit, lol, each one keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, fighting for supremacy!

I have no problem with mine disconnecting when I get in the car and the car connects to the phone, both stay connected

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

admisi

Apr 23, 2005
Luck you, mine fight with each other ever since I updated to the latest Gear Fit Manager!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

mberdych

Jun 26, 2012
Luck you, mine fight with each other ever since I updated to the latest Gear Fit Manager!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same. If I start the car with Gear Fit off, let the bluetooth car kit connect and then connect Gear fit, everything is fine. But if I try to connect car kit with Gear Fit connected, car kit is simply go into infinite loop connecting/disconnecting. I am pretty sure it was working at least once without issue in the past, so it might be related to update of Gear fit management application. Hopefully Samsung will fix it.

Last edited:

ttedeschi

Jan 9, 2014
I bought a Gear Fit from Best Buy as well, and it did the same: connected with bluetooth no problem, but would not connect in the gear fit manager. I messed with it for about 2 hours and finally gave up and returned it back to Best Buy.

S4 stock rooted 4.4.2