Using T-Mobile or Other Firmware on AT&T Note 3?

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Is it possible? Thinking about Getting a Note 3, But I don`t like the changes AT&T makes. For an example The data icons AT&T puts in there and all the AT&T to go junk. Anyone Flash T-Mobile or other firmwares on there AT&T Note 3? Back when I had my AT&T Note 1 I flashed the N7005 International Rom on it, same went with my Note 2.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Is it possible? Thinking about Getting a Note 3, But I don`t like the changes AT&T makes. For an example The data icons AT&T puts in there and all the AT&T to go junk. Anyone Flash T-Mobile or other firmwares on there AT&T Note 3? Back when I had my AT&T Note 1 I flashed the N7005 International Rom on it, same went with my Note 2.

The SM-N900A or at&t note 3 has a locked bootloader. This prevents us from installing a custom recovery and flashing other firmware. So unfortunately at this time you won't be able to flash anything. If you were to obtain one anyway and it came preloaded with Kit Kat, you won't even be able to obtain root access. If you are lucky enough to obtain one with android 4.3 you can obtain root. There's even a work around for 4.3 called safestrap. Safestrap allows us to install tweeked roms. But there's not that many of them compared to the previous note versions you use to have.

Many at&t note 3 owners have sold or traded for the T-Mobile variant. The T-Mobile note 3 bootloader is unlocked.

I hope that gives you some insight.

Reactions: hyelton

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
The SM-N900A or at&t note 3 has a locked bootloader. This prevents us from installing a custom recovery and flashing other firmware. So unfortunately at this time you won't be able to flash anything. If you were to obtain one anyway and it came preloaded with Kit Kat, you won't even be able to obtain root access. If you are lucky enough to obtain one with android 4.3 you can obtain root. There's even a work around for 4.3 called safestrap. Safestrap allows us to install tweeked roms. But there's not that many of them compared to the previous note versions you use to have.

Many at&t note 3 owners have sold or traded for the T-Mobile variant. The T-Mobile note 3 bootloader is unlocked.

Thank you! Must be the reason why the T-Mobile one will cost me about $35 more used. If I got the T-Mobile Version I might not even root. I just hate what AT&T Does with the Software.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Is there even root on theAT&T Note 3? on 4.4.2? I dont care about tripping Knox as long as it doesnt harm anything

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
No. There is no root for 4.4.2 as of yet. Avoid the ATT version if at all possible. :(:(

BTW thanks for hosting those LG firmwares. It has been very helpful in returning my phones to oem state.

Theres a local Note 3 well somewhat local Note 3 but its AT&T

Been looking at a T-mobile Note 3 for a few days on Swappa for $435

whatsitsnamenow

Aug 10, 2010
California
What's the price difference between the 2? I would try the Att if you can get it for under 370. If over that I would do the T-Mobile version. The unlock bootloader is worth it. Just make sure it is paid off (T-Mobile version) before you buy it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.