[Q] flashed hyperdrive but loaded stock rom - weird

Search This thread

burgertime78

Jun 22, 2014
So this morning, on my ATT GS4 NC1, I went into safestrap and created a new installation on rom slot 1. I guess that's what you call it. I pressed rom slot 1, then wiped, then installed hyperdrive. The install went fine and afterwards, I installed the NC1 module.zip and the SU zip file (both found in the "all things att" thread under "NC1 instructions".

Once it was done, I rebooted but what it did was boot to the regular stock rom. All my screens were the same (app placements, settings, etc) but I noticed I had no cell signal. I went to settings>mobile network and it said something about needing to install a sim card. Sorry I can't remember exactly what it said.

Anyhow, I went into safestrap, rebooted and then activated the stock rom slot and booted. Everything is fine.

What happened? Any ideas as to what happened? As of right now, I am running on the stock slot using the stock rom pending suggestions from you all.

Thanks!

Wanabedev83

Dec 24, 2012
Ok, that makes sense. I just did it using the stock slot and it works. thanks!
:confused: Hmm I've been wondering this since I've not had success in doing so either. So what your saying is that it HAS to be done on STOCK slot in order for the rom to work? I've been scratching my head to why it refused to work for me. So it's safe? I had accidentally erased my stock rom cause I wiped that slot by mistake. So what's the procedure? Wipe the stock slot then install the rom on it then reboot? And how would I go about getting the stock back by clearing it again and installing the back up on the same slot? Please enlighten us cause I already got stuck on the black galaxy screen losing the safestrap and I had to odin the stock tar again.
I'm on NB1 4.4.2 and off course SS 3.72 beta. Thanks.

burgertime78

Jun 22, 2014
:confused: Hmm I've been wondering this since I've not had success in doing so either. So what your saying is that it HAS to be done on STOCK slot in order for the rom to work? I've been scratching my head to why it refused to work for me. So it's safe? I had accidentally erased my stock rom cause I wiped that slot by mistake. So what's the procedure? Wipe the stock slot then install the rom on it then reboot? And how would I go about getting the stock back by clearing it again and installing the back up on the same slot? Please enlighten us cause I already got stuck on the black galaxy screen losing the safestrap and I had to odin the stock tar again.

Not really sure how 'safe' it is. What I did was use safe strap to create rom slot 1 and installed the rom there. It didn't work so I just went back and installed the rom in the 'stock' slot the same way - wiping first. that worked.

before I did anything, I did a full backup in safestrap. I backed up to my SD card. I'm glad I did because the rom I installed - hyperdrive - did a couple things I didn't like so I was able to reboot to recover(safestrap) and restore my backup to the stock slot. now I am back the way I Was before I messed around.

I'm still looking at other roms but I feel good I Was able to restore the backup.

here are the steps I took (I'm a noob, this may not be perfect)

1) boot to recovery in safestrap
2) make sure 'stock' is active - this means that the 'install button' is red
3) perform advanced wipe on stock slot - all but external sd card
4) press 'install' and install the rom
5) exit installer and then install NC1 ATT module
6) then install SU module
7) reboot - all is good

Reactions: Wanabedev83

Wanabedev83

Dec 24, 2012
Awesome!

Not really sure how 'safe' it is. What I did was use safe strap to create rom slot 1 and installed the rom there. It didn't work so I just went back and installed the rom in the 'stock' slot the same way - wiping first. that worked.

before I did anything, I did a full backup in safestrap. I backed up to my SD card. I'm glad I did because the rom I installed - hyperdrive - did a couple things I didn't like so I was able to reboot to recover(safestrap) and restore my backup to the stock slot. now I am back the way I Was before I messed around.

I'm still looking at other roms but I feel good I Was able to restore the backup.

7) reboot - all is good

Holy freaking crap dude thanks! I had feeling that was the way to do it. Thanks allot man, I'm currently organizing the folders, widgets and what not so i don't have to do it again if anything. I'll venture into it tomorrow. Again thanks! You answered a long awaited question.

Wanabedev83

Dec 24, 2012
Just tried a tmobile rom using a "SuperSU-v1.93.Zip" and got caught in a bootloop on the set up screen and even after on the main screen. Is that the same zip you used? If not can you link me? I wonder what the hell or if anyone else has been successful with a Damn tmobile rom, i used (the warp drive rom and 2 others on the list). God it was so cool when i saw the tmobile boot screen, ugh. And to make matters worse i found out that i have a faulty motherboard with the (no Sim, phone will reboot message). Damn I'm loving this stuff, just been running into some bad luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KitKat ROMs will work only when flashed to stock slot.
    KitKat ROMs will work only when flashed to stock slot.

Ok, that makes sense. I just did it using the stock slot and it works. thanks!

7) reboot - all is good