[JB][CM10] Defy Gapps Pack! [Last Version 19.05.13]

u want pico voice data in this gapps? 3,84 MB waste of system space ;)

• Yes

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
We all know that goo.im not so fast provide new update for the Gapps pack as Google outputs new Updates.
In our CM10 thread by Quarx i had provide two Updates for the Gapps pack, but the thread is long and u search endless for the Gapps pack.
That's why i provide the links in this thread for u, every time a System apk updates, i made some new pack (in three or four days) for u.
If u search for the light Gapps pack, look in the OP of the JB thread in Dev section-> here Or use the one from TJKV, over here.

DEFY Custom GAPPS
by AnTerNoZ

All my Gapps EXCLUDE Pico TTS-Data or Google Offline Voice-Recognition
but u can download Pico TTS and Offline Recognition separate
it's based on Original goo.im Gapps

Please read all Information to be sure it works right!

Version 20130519 -fixed-

It has the following apps:
Code:
app/CarHomeGoogle.apk
app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
app/GmsCore.apk
app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
app/GoogleEars.apk
app/GoogleFeedback.apk
app/GoogleLoginService.apk
app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
app/GoogleTTS.apk
app/Hangout.apk [COLOR="Lime"]<- Update lib[/COLOR]
app/LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
app/MediaUploader.apk
app/Microbes.apk
app/NetworkLocation.apk
app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
app/Phonesky.apk
app/QuickSearchBox.apk
app/SetupWizard.apk
app/VoiceSearchStub.apk

I add following to the Gapps pack:

• Google Music
  • YouTube
  • Google Car
  • GMS Core App

I exclude following from the Gapps pack to get some Space on System:

It still might be a little bit too big, if u use other tweaks like init.d scripts or something. I would advise to delete some system apps before install gapps like LiveWallpapers and Apollo if u use Google Musik. U can do this with AROMA FM or if TWRP works right for u with TWRP. Or u use Root Explorer on your Phone and unzip the ROM, delete Apps and re-zip it ... it works.

This apps can be delete without problems:

• Apollo.apk <- Apollo Musikplayer
  • CMFileManager.apk <- Cyanogenmod Filemanager
  • CMFileManagerThemes.apk <- CyanogenMod Themes for Filemanager
  • CMWallpapers.apk <- CyanogenMod Wallpapers
  • Calculator.apk <- Calculator
  • DeskClock.apk <- Only if u don't use the Alarm function
  • Email.apk <- It's for other Mail accounts like Yahoo or GMX, if u use Google Mail only or had a other Mail Programm u can delete it
  • Exchange2.apk <- for Email.apk to Sync
  • LatinIME.apk <- Android Stock Keyboard, secure to delete if u use SwiftKey or Swype [be sure u install other Keyboard FIRST*]
  • LiveWallpapers.apk <- Stock Android Live Wallpaper
  • Stk.apk <- Manage Sim Card Options for Prepaid Cards or Provider Services
  • Term.apk <-Terminal, u can Download it from PlayStore in Data
  • Trebuchet.apk <- Trebuchet CyanogenMod Launcher, can be delete if u use other Launcher like ADW or Apex [be sure u install other Launcher FIRST*]

* if u don't install a second part app first u get many problems at start

Offline Recognition Packs​
for Defy Custom GAPPS

Now that I got most offline Data u can choose between thirteen packs
fixed versions uploaded

How-To for Working Offline Recognition:
  • go to mnt/sdcard/Android/system/usr/srec with Root Explorer (or a File-explorer that can link Folders)
  • long press on en-US (or the Voice you've donwnload) folder and choose to link it
  • go to system/usr/srec and link the folder here
  • after u restart the phone it work!

Root Explorer work best for Link the folder don't know if other File-Explorers link the same way.

Defy CM10 Mod's
by AnTerNoZ

Some Mod's for CM10 Defy (or other ROM that have Android 4.1)

• If u want Gallery and Keyboard from Android 4.2 there is a Zip on the Host to set both as System Apps and overwrite the normal Gallery/Keyboard
  • A Mod for Bootanimation an Bootlogo can be found in Mod Folder
    Picture:

• A Script that automatic delete tombstones

U can find them in CM10 Defy Mod's Folder

Hope ur like it. :fingers-crossed: U can click Thanks if u do. That's enough.

Mirrors:
Dev Host Online!
UncleDan.it Online!
Rapidshare.com Custom GAPPS Pack Only Online!
Upload Mirrors.com Custom GAPPS Pack Only Online!

Many thanks to the People Hosting my Files :good:
UncleDan

And Special thanks goes to
Quarx; Epsylon3; maniac103; nadlabak; Kayant; Blechd0se; skeevy420; and all other Dev's that let our Defy flight on Jelly Beans :cool:

Last edited:

fudger

Nov 11, 2004
Yes thanks.

Might be a dumb question but will this simply update my full gapps from 27 July or do I need to de-install full gapps first?

Reactions: el_ochito

m4manusraj

Feb 17, 2012
Kerala
www.manusreeraj.com
Drop box

i think the your dropbox account is down..
error is as follows

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

please do fix it soon...:)

:(

Steveletack

Mar 2, 2012
Hey short question
Is it possible to make my own Minimal Gapps Package with your Package
And what do i need to do for this?

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hey short question
Is it possible to make my own Minimal Gapps Package with your Package
And what do i need to do for this?

It's easy, u need some extracting tool and a text editor, u can do all on the phone

extract the .zip with root explorer (or whatever)

go into folder system/app and del all apps u don't want
go into folder system/addon.d and del all entry's of the apps in the 70-gapps.sh

u can del the lib's and all other thing from the folder, u can look in quarx minimal gapps pack to see what u really need.

and at the end just zip the folder ;) but take a look, some zip-apps zip it wrong, with a folder at the root of the zip, that don't work.
if u use root explorer, than all is fine.

Reactions: Steveletack

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know that goo.im not so fast provide new update for the Gapps pack as Google outputs new Updates.
    In our CM10 thread by Quarx i had provide two Updates for the Gapps pack, but the thread is long and u search endless for the Gapps pack.
    That's why i provide the links in this thread for u, every time a System apk updates, i made some new pack (in three or four days) for u.
    If u search for the light Gapps pack, look in the OP of the JB thread in Dev section-> here Or use the one from TJKV, over here.

DEFY Custom GAPPS
    by AnTerNoZ

All my Gapps EXCLUDE Pico TTS-Data or Google Offline Voice-Recognition
    but u can download Pico TTS and Offline Recognition separate
    it's based on Original goo.im Gapps

Please read all Information to be sure it works right!

Version 20130519 -fixed-

It has the following apps:
    Code:
    app/CarHomeGoogle.apk
    app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    app/GmsCore.apk
    app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
    app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    app/GoogleEars.apk
    app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    app/GoogleLoginService.apk
    app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
    app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    app/GoogleTTS.apk
    app/Hangout.apk [COLOR="Lime"]<- Update lib[/COLOR]
    app/LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
    app/MediaUploader.apk
    app/Microbes.apk
    app/NetworkLocation.apk
    app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
    app/Phonesky.apk
    app/QuickSearchBox.apk
    app/SetupWizard.apk
    app/VoiceSearchStub.apk

I add following to the Gapps pack:

• Google Music
    • YouTube
    • Google Car
    • GMS Core App

I exclude following from the Gapps pack to get some Space on System:

It still might be a little bit too big, if u use other tweaks like init.d scripts or something. I would advise to delete some system apps before install gapps like LiveWallpapers and Apollo if u use Google Musik. U can do this with AROMA FM or if TWRP works right for u with TWRP. Or u use Root Explorer on your Phone and unzip the ROM, delete Apps and re-zip it ... it works.

This apps can be delete without problems:

• Apollo.apk <- Apollo Musikplayer
    • CMFileManager.apk <- Cyanogenmod Filemanager
    • CMFileManagerThemes.apk <- CyanogenMod Themes for Filemanager
    • CMWallpapers.apk <- CyanogenMod Wallpapers
    • Calculator.apk <- Calculator
    • DeskClock.apk <- Only if u don't use the Alarm function
    • Email.apk <- It's for other Mail accounts like Yahoo or GMX, if u use Google Mail only or had a other Mail Programm u can delete it
    • Exchange2.apk <- for Email.apk to Sync
    • LatinIME.apk <- Android Stock Keyboard, secure to delete if u use SwiftKey or Swype [be sure u install other Keyboard FIRST*]
    • LiveWallpapers.apk <- Stock Android Live Wallpaper
    • Stk.apk <- Manage Sim Card Options for Prepaid Cards or Provider Services
    • Term.apk <-Terminal, u can Download it from PlayStore in Data
    • Trebuchet.apk <- Trebuchet CyanogenMod Launcher, can be delete if u use other Launcher like ADW or Apex [be sure u install other Launcher FIRST*]

* if u don't install a second part app first u get many problems at start

Offline Recognition Packs​
    for Defy Custom GAPPS

Now that I got most offline Data u can choose between thirteen packs
    fixed versions uploaded

How-To for Working Offline Recognition:
    • go to mnt/sdcard/Android/system/usr/srec with Root Explorer (or a File-explorer that can link Folders)
    • long press on en-US (or the Voice you've donwnload) folder and choose to link it
    • go to system/usr/srec and link the folder here
    • after u restart the phone it work!

Root Explorer work best for Link the folder don't know if other File-Explorers link the same way.

Defy CM10 Mod's
    by AnTerNoZ

Some Mod's for CM10 Defy (or other ROM that have Android 4.1)

• If u want Gallery and Keyboard from Android 4.2 there is a Zip on the Host to set both as System Apps and overwrite the normal Gallery/Keyboard
    • A Mod for Bootanimation an Bootlogo can be found in Mod Folder
      Picture:

• A Script that automatic delete tombstones

U can find them in CM10 Defy Mod's Folder

Hope ur like it. :fingers-crossed: U can click Thanks if u do. That's enough.

Mirrors:
    Dev Host Online!
    UncleDan.it Online!
    Rapidshare.com Custom GAPPS Pack Only Online!
    Upload Mirrors.com Custom GAPPS Pack Only Online!

Many thanks to the People Hosting my Files :good:
    UncleDan

And Special thanks goes to
    Quarx; Epsylon3; maniac103; nadlabak; Kayant; Blechd0se; skeevy420; and all other Dev's that let our Defy flight on Jelly Beans :cool:
    I'ts done!
    I found the time and Upload what it can with my poor connection, it feels like 56k ...

New things are:
    13 Offline Voicerecognition packs!
    1 Updated Gapps pack!
    &
    moved Quarx Kernel into own Folder on DevHost
    Hey, is there any chance you could do this package with inverted MMS and contacts? I tried and got boot loop...

MB526 CM10'd by QUARX

The BAKED inverted contacts? If so, it causes the dialer to crash, at least it does in PA. All the rest of the BAKED inverted gapps works just fine, but contacts has issues. If you have GooManager, you can quickly download and install them by going to Browse All Files>Devs>BAKED. Once there, go to inverted apps for GMail, Plus, GMusic, GReader, and gapps for inverted gapps.

The inverted apps can be a bit hard to install because you have to delete the respective app from /system if you used Gapps Full, but Gapps, Calendar, and Contacts are all flashable zips; and GooManager will reboot your phone, wipe cache\dalvik, and flash the zips. The only interaction you'll have in the zip flash process is selecting yes to wipe dalvik cache and rebooting the phone once your done.

Using GooManager is the easiest way to flash multiple zips. If you don't use GooManager, you should start using it cause its very helpful.

@AnTerNoZ

If you like, I can start hosting your Updated Gapps on Goo.im. I've seen the posts about your Dropbox going down and upload issues. PM me if you're interested.
    The BAKED inverted contacts? If so, it causes the dialer to crash, at least it does in PA. All the rest of the BAKED inverted gapps works just fine, but contacts has issues. If you have GooManager, you can quickly download and install them by going to Browse All Files>Devs>BAKED. Once there, go to inverted apps for GMail, Plus, GMusic, GReader, and gapps for inverted gapps.

The inverted apps can be a bit hard to install because you have to delete the respective app from /system if you used Gapps Full, but Gapps, Calendar, and Contacts are all flashable zips; and GooManager will reboot your phone, wipe cache\dalvik, and flash the zips. The only interaction you'll have in the zip flash process is selecting yes to wipe dalvik cache and rebooting the phone once your done.

Using GooManager is the easiest way to flash multiple zips. If you don't use GooManager, you should start using it cause its very helpful.

Thanks for that.

I'm currently using the justunbean quickflash v2.01 inverted gapps pack. Same problem... all other apps work fine but the dialer application doesn't install. I have another flashable zip for inverted contacts and phone 4.1 04082012 made by "Skylar" (I think) that does work. So by flashing it over the justunbean gapps everything works and is inverted :D

Everything else in this ROM is freakin' awesome!

BTW. I'm using red lens defy running Quarx latest CM10 defy+ on GB kernel (CM9 + Walter DHT-22).

MB526 CM10'd by QUARX

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I am using quarz 20120912 jb rom,i want to flash this gapps, can i just flash it without wipe cache? Or reinstall the jb rom first then flash gapps??

Sorry for my poor english

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

No need to reflash rom, just flash over your current setup. You are probably best wiping both cache and dalvik to be sure. Reboot and you are done :)

MB526 CM10'd by QUARX
    This Gallery have picasa sync?

Could I just delete old gallery and install the new in package? or I need to chance some other file (like text)?

I don't care about google now, but picasa in gallery it's a big news to me! :p

Thanks a lot!

just flash the Gapps, it overwrites the old gallery, and the needed lib's already include in CM10

or look in my dropbox i uploaded only a gallery update pack if u don't want new google now

Jelly powered.Defy