Keep your n10 away from ants

Search This thread

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
I woke up this morning and there is a damn ant walking under my screen, it better doesn't die in a visible place, I'll try using sugar to lure it out, but anyways keep your device away from these damn ****s.

Edit: OK guys for now I think that I managed to crush it under one of the corners by applying pressure as soon as it left the screen, but you wouldn't want to wake up to a dead ant in the middle of your screen.

Last edited:

rcxquake

Mar 4, 2010
How is this possible? I'm pretty sure that the screen area needs to be airtight to prevent buildup of dust. Does your screen have dust under it?

If an ant got in then that must mean that it is not airtight.

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
God ****ing damn it, the damn ant was hiding and I come back to find it dead in the middle of my screen.

And no, there isn't any dust under the screen, I don't know how this POS got in there.

Last edited:

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Don't laugh, in December I thought "damn that's bad, I don't think that will happen to me" when I saw a similar thread and now look at this...:(:mad:

And if Samsung doesn't want to cover it I can use my back flex as an excuse to force them to do so... Right?

Attachments

• 20130210_122303.jpg
    20130210_122303.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 1,497
  • 20130210_122310.jpg
    20130210_122310.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 1,614

Smeech99

Jun 16, 2012
SF Bay Area
If you ordered from the Play Store you can start there..855-836-3987.

Good luck, I hope this gets resolved... I'm thinking about carrying a stick of Grant Kills Ants in my N10 bag...

Reactions: Fidelator

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
Don't laugh, in December I thought "damn that's bad, I don't think that will happen to me" when I saw a similar thread and now look at this...:(:mad:

And if Samsung doesn't want to cover it I can use my back flex as an excuse to force them to do so... Right?

Wow that sucks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Apr 20, 2011
It's pretty sad that the gorilla glass isn't optically bonded like many other devices (MS Surface etc.), it's just a glass that's approx 1mm above the LCD screen (just air), if you press the glass you will see the glass touching the LCD

Nickslife89

Jan 23, 2013
It's pretty sad that the gorilla glass isn't optically bonded like many other devices (MS Surface etc.), it's just a glass that's approx 1mm above the LCD screen (just air), if you press the glass you will see the glass touching the LCD

if its not sealed then why arnt are screens filled with dust? it dosnt make sense how an ant can get in but dust cant..

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
It's an ant, I've seen them (the same kind) wandering around my house or when I leave something with sugar in a random place.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I just moved my n10 away from my ant farm.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    Ants are badass, ridiculously strong, and he probably just wiggled his way under/through whatever low pressure gasket/seal is in place for dust. This device is not air tight by any definition. He just wanted to get to the sweet candy jelly beans inside.

Ant penetration resistance should be added to every device spec and properly tested.
    Youtube: "Xperia Z Official Ant Testing". "The Xperia Z is water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes, and ant resistant up to 150 ants for 45 minutes. Results may vary with ant species and water purity."
    The ants are magical

Mabey it got in at the factory as an egg, and hatched inside the device

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I woke up this morning and there is a damn ant walking under my screen, it better doesn't die in a visible place, I'll try using sugar to lure it out, but anyways keep your device away from these damn ****s.

Edit: OK guys for now I think that I managed to crush it under one of the corners by applying pressure as soon as it left the screen, but you wouldn't want to wake up to a dead ant in the middle of your screen.