Unable to access recovery on my Z1

Search This thread

ralph97

Oct 13, 2012
By accident I have deleted busybox from my Sony xperia z1 ... And I'm unable to to reinstall it again, and because of that, I am unable to access my custom recovery. Please help me and tell me what should I do to regain access to my recovery and to reinstall busybox. (PS: I have tried to uninstall then reinstall my recovery. And I'm running android 4.4.2)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
By accident I have deleted busybox from my Sony xperia z1 ... And I'm unable to to reinstall it again, and because of that, I am unable to access my custom recovery. Please help me and tell me what should I do to regain access to my recovery and to reinstall busybox. (PS: I have tried to uninstall then reinstall my recovery. And I'm running android 4.4.2)

Thanks in advance

You should be able to reinstall dual recovery in the same way you did it the first time

Please explain more about how it fails to install

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008

Thanks in advance

This should help you I think.

ralph97

Oct 13, 2012
No, I'm unable to reinstall the dual recovery .. would downgrading then rerooting , then re updating work ? Or is there an easier way?

ralph97

Oct 13, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1397208205592.jpg

ralph97

Oct 13, 2012
So this is what I get when I try reinstalling the dual recovery...

ralph97

Oct 13, 2012
From busybox installer .. And I can't reinstall any new or previous versions

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
please check /system/xbin/ to see if you have busy box in there

and then check

/system/.XZDualRecovery

if its not there then it looks like you borked root and will have start again with flashing a 534 FTF, install dual recovery and then updating again.

Once you have root there is no need to mess with busybox