It's possible to port cyanide mod

Search This thread

cantfindanick

Sep 14, 2013
Ankara
It is an easier task for SM-P605 since it uses S800 CPU which has open source-ish drivers which can help devs a lot while compiling a rom from source. Looks like nobody wants to take on this yet since it requires lots of time and knowledge

SM-P600 & P601 & P602 are a bit unlucky since they use Exynos CPU's which we have less source and experience on. Somebody can port from Note 3 with experience in porting (should be easier than building ground-up drivers for now).

Reactions: Edoardo001

r4yN

Dec 25, 2011
On a serious note though...

There have been (successful) bounties for new roms recently and I wonder if we could also get some CM / AOSP love

All we need is a willing CM dev & another bounty, right?
(I'm still on stock, no root, no knox tripping and I don't void my warranty for a touchwiz rom... I would for a CM / aosp rom + kernel though...)

edit: a working CM or AOSP rom + kernel would probably also attract more devs, since most roms are based on either one of them (e.g. slim, paranoid android, etc are all based on AOSP [with their own modifications of course])

Last edited:

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Wasn't clear from your post, did you try to port it but not get things working?

I will probably attempt to port CM11 to the P605. I just got one, and I've worked on OmniROM in the past but this is the first time I have tried to bring up a device from scratch so it will take some time (well, not really from scratch, I'm banking on the fact that the Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014 are quite similar so that that might hopefully save me some time). The other issue for me specifically is that the seal on the box was already broken when I got it so I might want to try to return it, if any issues crop up. So first I need to figure out if I can root it without tripping Knox so that I can do some diagnostic stuff and try and figure out if the device has any problems and/or was a returned device.

But if we're lucky, I think I can port CM, though most likely I won't have a lot of time to do this until mid-June so before then I'll just see what I can do in a short amount of time. Afterwards I'll attempt bringing up Omni as well but I'll attempt CM first since CM actually supports the Note 3 LTE (I tried doing an Omni bringup for Note 3 too, but ran into some issues and haven't had time to debug further).

r4yN

Dec 25, 2011
Just noticed that cyanogenmod is apparently already working on a galaxy note 3 exynos build ( http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/this-week-in-cm-apr-26-2014 ) and since note 3 and note 10.1 2014 share the same hardware, i'm sure someone will be able to port it :)

(Xluco is doing pretty much the same thing with his kernel... porting features over from a note 3 exynos kernel)

I'm quite excited for this, cm will be reason enough for me to finally root my device and like I said a working cm rom + kernel will probably attract more devs (since a lot of roms are based on cm) [emoji106]

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: neevz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanide? Rotfl
    Wasn't clear from your post, did you try to port it but not get things working?

I will probably attempt to port CM11 to the P605. I just got one, and I've worked on OmniROM in the past but this is the first time I have tried to bring up a device from scratch so it will take some time (well, not really from scratch, I'm banking on the fact that the Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014 are quite similar so that that might hopefully save me some time). The other issue for me specifically is that the seal on the box was already broken when I got it so I might want to try to return it, if any issues crop up. So first I need to figure out if I can root it without tripping Knox so that I can do some diagnostic stuff and try and figure out if the device has any problems and/or was a returned device.

But if we're lucky, I think I can port CM, though most likely I won't have a lot of time to do this until mid-June so before then I'll just see what I can do in a short amount of time. Afterwards I'll attempt bringing up Omni as well but I'll attempt CM first since CM actually supports the Note 3 LTE (I tried doing an Omni bringup for Note 3 too, but ran into some issues and haven't had time to debug further).
    It is an easier task for SM-P605 since it uses S800 CPU which has open source-ish drivers which can help devs a lot while compiling a rom from source. Looks like nobody wants to take on this yet since it requires lots of time and knowledge

SM-P600 & P601 & P602 are a bit unlucky since they use Exynos CPU's which we have less source and experience on. Somebody can port from Note 3 with experience in porting (should be easier than building ground-up drivers for now).
    Just noticed that cyanogenmod is apparently already working on a galaxy note 3 exynos build ( http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/this-week-in-cm-apr-26-2014 ) and since note 3 and note 10.1 2014 share the same hardware, i'm sure someone will be able to port it :)

(Xluco is doing pretty much the same thing with his kernel... porting features over from a note 3 exynos kernel)

I'm quite excited for this, cm will be reason enough for me to finally root my device and like I said a working cm rom + kernel will probably attract more devs (since a lot of roms are based on cm) [emoji106]

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk