[GUIDE] Easy way to get MSL without calling Sprint, using CMDA Workshop, OR ROOT!!

Search This thread

vejorg

Feb 25, 2017
help

afther dail , selected view mode, the i have 6 more lines in the nex menu (9 linjes)
and its not working, i cant choise alog as a running app in the menu afther holding in home buttom

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
afther dail , selected view mode, the i have 6 more lines in the nex menu (9 linjes)
and its not working, i cant choise alog as a running app in the menu afther holding in home buttom

For anyone trying to get your MSL,
Your mileage will vary depending on your phone and carrier. I have an LG Optimus F7 4.1.2 JB on BoostMobile and get the long list of entries and can't get msl with either the steps in this rather old tutorial or any msl reader apps.

If you're on Boost just call them and ask them for it. If they ask why just inform them that they gave it to you when you first got your phone and you can't find it, and want it for your records.

You may or may not be able to just ask for it from other carriers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off I'll start by saying I have tried this on my phone (custom rom obviously) and on both my sister's and father's phone, both of which ran the official sprint update...:rolleyes: don't ask me why.

Anyway, I came across this screwing around a couple months ago when I wanted to reset my PRI, and apparently it still works with 2.1 roms.

Before doing this make sure you have aLogcat. Also its easier to find your MSL if you go into logcat and "clear log" before doing these steps.

**Refer to the attached pictures if you get lost**
    • So step 1 is to go to your dialer and enter ##DATA# or ##3282# which will bring up the EPST menu
    • Once the menu pops up just select "View Mode"
    • At this point you will see a screen with 3 selections.
    • From here either press and hold the Home Key and select aLogcat if you ran it before, go to your tray and run Logcat.
    • After opening Logcat it will update, once it finishes press "Menu" and "Pause" the log.
    • Then scroll until you see a group of entries labeled "I/EpstBroadcastReciever" which should be green
    • Locate the line that has "MSL Code=" at the end of it
    • Edit: Or press Menu and Filter "MSL" (thanks wjason)
    And there you have it, your 6-digit MSL code without ever calling sprint or using a computer. :D

Please let me know if this actually works for you guys as I have only been able to test it on 3 phones so far.
    Confirmed. Great find
    Apparently some time after this was made available and other ways of retrieving the MSL code, Sprint has blocked these from working. Everything on this site to get it other than just calling to ask for it does not work.

Ok, but does it still work on a HTC Hero CDMA? Seeing as that is the forum this was posted to.

Yes, it still works on the CDMA Hero. I never tried it using this method on the Evo or any other device for that matter, which is why it's posted here ;)

I just installed msl reader from the market on nfinite's ver. of the .2 update and retrieved my msl code . Just to let you know

This method doesn't require root to work, but for those who are rooted the msl reader app is a much easier alternative :)
    And it does still work with the .2 update for those who may be wondering.
    Worked on an ACS 2.2 epic

I used this method successfully on my epic. however the steps in the OP didnt quite do the trick..

1. install logcat and clear it if need be
    2. open the dialer and dial the ##3282# code
    3. click on "edit" and then just hit "ok" without inputting anything for the MSL
    4. open up logcat and find the line that is I/MSL_Checker and the 6 digits after "result:" are your MSL!
    Easy way to get MSL without calling Sprint, using CMDA Workshop, OR ROOT!!

First off I'll start by saying I have tried this on my phone (custom rom obviously) and on both my sister's and father's phone, both of which ran the official sprint update...:rolleyes: don't ask me why.

Anyway, I came across this screwing around a couple months ago when I wanted to reset my PRI, and apparently it still works with 2.1 roms.

Before doing this make sure you have aLogcat. Also its easier to find your MSL if you go into logcat and "clear log" before doing these steps.

**Refer to the attached pictures if you get lost**
    • So step 1 is to go to your dialer and enter ##DATA# or ##3282# which will bring up the EPST menu
    • Once the menu pops up just select "View Mode"
    • At this point you will see a screen with 3 selections.
    • From here either press and hold the Home Key and select aLogcat if you ran it before, go to your tray and run Logcat.
    • After opening Logcat it will update, once it finishes press "Menu" and "Pause" the log.
    • Then scroll until you see a group of entries labeled "I/EpstBroadcastReciever" which should be green
    • Locate the line that has "MSL Code=" at the end of it
    • Edit: Or press Menu and Filter "MSL" (thanks wjason)
    And there you have it, your 6-digit MSL code without ever calling sprint or using a computer. :D

Please let me know if this actually works for you guys as I have only been able to test it on 3 phones so far.

Will this work for HTC EVO 3D CDMA phone as well ?