CM for Kyocera Rise?

Search This thread

xdbridun

Apr 16, 2013
I'm looking to see if there are any cyanogen mod roms for my Kyocera Rise. I've used a cm on my old Motorola Backflip and loved it. I had gone back to dumbphones until just last week when I got my Virgin Mobile branded Kyocera Rise. If you know of any info, please let me know. I can't find anything about it anywhere on the web, which makes me think there is not one in development. If there is no CM available, are there any other roms I could try? Thanks!!

indrora

Apr 19, 2013
I'm looking to see if there are any cyanogen mod roms for my Kyocera Rise. I've used a cm on my old Motorola Backflip and loved it. I had gone back to dumbphones until just last week when I got my Virgin Mobile branded Kyocera Rise. If you know of any info, please let me know. I can't find anything about it anywhere on the web, which makes me think there is not one in development. If there is no CM available, are there any other roms I could try? Thanks!!

Currently the rise has a locked bootloader. Kyocera refuses to say anything except a form letter that sums to "We have no fingers in the pie".

TechDad378

May 24, 2013
The Shore
Kyocera Rise Root

I was able to root Kyocera Rise v4.0.3. with no problem. They provide an OTA update to v4.0.4 which locked the bootloader. After many tries I was able to root v4.0.4. I tested some apps which modified different features of the phone. It seems "PimpMyRom" allowed a lot of tweaks to work. I am trying to unroot and reroot, in order to provide a simple process. I am new to the forum so it will take a little bit before I can post a tutorial for rooting v4.0.4. But it can be rooted so it will only be a mtter of time before a CWM is developed.

JHell

Jun 27, 2013
Virgin Mobile is lying when they say they don't have anything to do with the locked bootloader. they have all their new phones locked up because they think root can jeopardize their service.

Sent from my Event using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kyocera Rise Root

I was able to root Kyocera Rise v4.0.3. with no problem. They provide an OTA update to v4.0.4 which locked the bootloader. After many tries I was able to root v4.0.4. I tested some apps which modified different features of the phone. It seems "PimpMyRom" allowed a lot of tweaks to work. I am trying to unroot and reroot, in order to provide a simple process. I am new to the forum so it will take a little bit before I can post a tutorial for rooting v4.0.4. But it can be rooted so it will only be a mtter of time before a CWM is developed.