[ROM][XSP][JB4.3.1][AOSP] Slim-4.3.Build.2.1 - Unofficial [HuaShan][11/14]

Search This thread

jacknb1ack

Mar 29, 2013
Yogyakarta
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Unlock Bootloader if not already
  • Download the ROM and GApps
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Wipe dalvik cache and cache
  • Format /system
  • Flash the ROM and then Gapps
  • Wipe data/factory reset *for insurance*
  • Wipe dalvik cache and cache *for insurance*
  • Reboot your phone
  • Enjoy

Downloads

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!
  • For cwm issues, i suggest to use any AOSP based rom boot.img (extract it from rom zip), flash using fastboot "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    or you can use my experimental boot.img (flash this from cwm) i am using this and no problem till now ....

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
  • You can find the full list of credits here
  • Special thanks to ubberlaggydarwin, adfad666, -kali, eagleeyetom - for bringing hope to our device
  • FreeXperia Team
  • DooMLoRD - For kernel stuff.
  • ngoralph - For offline charging fix.
  • if you think I've used your work and forget to add your name here, just pm me ...

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Additional Info
This is just temporary build ,i won't make an update until CM is officially released.

Additional File
JB 4.3.1 AOSP BOOT.IMG or mirror by @panjgoori
Added Feature :
  • Intellidemand Gov
  • Wheatley Gov
  • SIO I/O Scheduler
  • ROW I/O Scheduler
  • hope i can add more in the future ...

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial Slimbean for Xperia SP, a ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
jacknb1ack
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CWM/TWRP, Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-22
Last Updated 2013-11-24

Parkside

Jul 10, 2012
London
My favourite. Loved it on my xperia ray, wondering how it will look on a bigger screen. Downloading now.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Parkside

Jul 10, 2012
London
Enjoying it very much.

Only unusual thing is that the CWM recovery in this ROM doesn't allow me to mount the external SD card. So no back ups, installs or restores there - some of my nandroid back ups are 2GB and the SP only has 5GB of internal memory for the user...

Otherwise, working really nicely, thanks!

ngoralph

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Enjoying it very much.

Only unusual thing is that the CWM recovery in this ROM doesn't allow me to mount the external SD card. So no back ups, installs or restores there - some of my nandroid back ups are 2GB and the SP only has 5GB of internal memory for the user...

Otherwise, working really nicely, thanks!

use kernel from other rom, as i know recovery are embedded in the kernel

dotzi75

In Recovery i can not use my external SD Card! I'm worry about this, becouse this ROM is awesome. But i can not use it for daily, that is really really sad!:crying::crying::crying:

But, thanks for the Dev! Great job man!:good:

Sorry for my bad english

zion609

Dec 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
This rom is almost PERFECT!
I'm always a fan of slimbean ROM as I use them as my daily driver during my gt-i9100g days :p

The only problem is like what @Parkside has said, the recovery does not recognize external sd card
but that doesn't stop me from using this while waiting for CM11, because this rom is just awesome!

Thanks for this :good:

edit: found another bug,
got some problem with wifi I think, it can't detect or connect manually to wifi that is encrypted by WPA2-AES security. (that's what my windows 7 state here)
Other than that wifi is working flawlessly.

oh and also, the performance is MIND-BLOWING!

edit2: the wifi can't detect network that the encryption type that is ONLY WPA2 (does not care AES/TKIP/Whatsoever)

yay this going to be my daily driver right now woohhooo (so happy LOL)

Last edited:

zion609

Dec 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I am not facing this issue, maybe problem in your AP.
@all who need ext sdcard in cwm, faq updated.

Sent from my C5302

change some settings on my AP and working well :good:
tested the boot.img (OP experimental) and now I can use external back in CWM.
All in all, working extremely well :laugh:

Just a question though, the internal memory seems like it is being emulated.
I found that this rom use a folder (the name of the folder is"0") as 'emulated' internal memory.

The folder is created on the root of internal memory of the phone (which I can't accessed after booting the phone)

Weird? Dunno. I believe it must have it own reason :)

Last edited:

sarkar1990

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi

I found that this rom use a folder (the name of the folder is"0") as 'emulated' internal memory.

The folder is created on the root of internal memory of the phone (which I can't accessed after booting the phone)

That's the default folder structure since Android started having multi user capabilities. Don't worry!

Reactions: zion609 and LIONS1

LIONS1

Dec 24, 2011
Tartous

All AOSP ROMs does that it emulate internal memory cm, pac, aokp & all others use folder "sdcard0/0" ad internal memory not Just "/sdcard0"
It even effects recoverys you won't be able to restore any backup stored in internal memory up from folder 0 :confused:

Sent from my C5303 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

You can access internal memory by using any root Explorer and go to root/shell/sdcard0 you'll get your stock internal memory and you'll see folder 0 as a internal memory for aosps roms

Reactions: zion609

Paulinhip

Dec 26, 2012
jaci-sp
Friend, I'm testing your ROM and so far it seems that the best is based on AOSP, Your new kernel works perfectly, and the rom is very smooth, and battery'm still doing tests and I expect a 3 charge cycles ...
Inverted GAPPS is very cool, a great ROM, my Greetings
sorry for the bad english

zion609

Dec 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thx for the explaination regarding the internal memory.
Never noticed when I'm using the PAC nightly rom. Seems like I was far behind. Was using s2 but then had to use blackberry for some month, must be missing out lots of things in android world :3
Anyway, battery for me so far is about the same as stock. But the performance is much more outstanding of course.

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Theorw

Mar 2, 2012
Just amazing.I installed it now and it looks great, fast and with more features!!
Good job, and the new CMW with swipping and the fixed SD card issue is also great.Many thanks DEVS!:good:

EDIT:The selectable GAPPS installer has a bug though.When you go to the apps selection screen it flashed and vibrated for like 50 times and then the installation froze...
And with the non removable battery the only thing i could do was press the reset button which seemed to work after a few seconds.

Last edited:

zion609

Dec 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just amazing.I installed it now and it looks great, fast and with more features!!
Good job, and the new CMW with swipping and the fixed SD card issue is also great.Many thanks DEVS!:good:

EDIT:The selectable GAPPS installer has a bug though.When you go to the apps selection screen it flashed and vibrated for like 50 times and then the installation froze...
And with the non removable battery the only thing i could do was press the reset button which seemed to work after a few seconds.

The gapps issue must be from slimbean team itself, as the gapps is provided by them. I just use the basic slim gapps and works flawlessly for me. I never opt for AIO/aroma gapps.

Anyway, love this rom :D

Sent from my Slimbeaned Xperia SP

jacknb1ack

Mar 29, 2013
Yogyakarta

is not gapps issue, just aroma issue, its also happen when i am using other aroma installation zip like awesomebeats.

not all aroma installation will have this issue though ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Unlock Bootloader if not already
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Wipe dalvik cache and cache
    • Format /system
    • Flash the ROM and then Gapps
    • Wipe data/factory reset *for insurance*
    • Wipe dalvik cache and cache *for insurance*
    • Reboot your phone
    • Enjoy

Downloads

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!
    • For cwm issues, i suggest to use any AOSP based rom boot.img (extract it from rom zip), flash using fastboot "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
      or you can use my experimental boot.img (flash this from cwm) i am using this and no problem till now ....

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    • You can find the full list of credits here
    • Special thanks to ubberlaggydarwin, adfad666, -kali, eagleeyetom - for bringing hope to our device
    • FreeXperia Team
    • DooMLoRD - For kernel stuff.
    • ngoralph - For offline charging fix.
    • if you think I've used your work and forget to add your name here, just pm me ...

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here

Additional Info
    This is just temporary build ,i won't make an update until CM is officially released.

Additional File
    JB 4.3.1 AOSP BOOT.IMG or mirror by @panjgoori
    Added Feature :
    • Intellidemand Gov
    • Wheatley Gov
    • SIO I/O Scheduler
    • ROW I/O Scheduler
    • hope i can add more in the future ...

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial Slimbean for Xperia SP, a ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    jacknb1ack
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM/TWRP, Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-22
    Last Updated 2013-11-24

That's the default folder structure since Android started having multi user capabilities. Don't worry!
    edit2: the wifi can't detect network that the encryption type that is ONLY WPA2 (does not care AES/TKIP/Whatsoever)

I am not facing this issue, maybe problem in your AP.
    @all who need ext sdcard in cwm, faq updated.

Sent from my C5302

All AOSP ROMs does that it emulate internal memory cm, pac, aokp & all others use folder "sdcard0/0" ad internal memory not Just "/sdcard0"
    It even effects recoverys you won't be able to restore any backup stored in internal memory up from folder 0 :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

You can access internal memory by using any root Explorer and go to root/shell/sdcard0 you'll get your stock internal memory and you'll see folder 0 as a internal memory for aosps roms