Hboot and Firmware

Search This thread

Gufsl1

Nov 6, 2010
If since I've got my phone I am on custom rom. There's no way to get an update on a firmware or Hboot other than being on a stock ROM and received OTA?

nisby

Jan 8, 2014
Marotta
for OTA you must have stock rom, recovery, kernel e no root but you can flash hboot and firmware manually via fastboot if S-OFF
p.s. sorry for my english :eek:

nisby

Jan 8, 2014
Marotta
no custom roms are based on a version of firmware but don't update your firmware on install. only official HTC OTA update your firmware,hboot,radio,recovery..... but if you are S-OFF you can flash it via fastboot

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
But by flashing custom rom, I don't update firmware?

The ROM and the firmware are seperate.

The firmware usually contains hboot.

Custom ROMs do not include firmware.

The OTA includes firmware as well as a ROM patch and must be flashed together with ROM and Recovery both stock.

You can update the firmware manually.

If you want to flash a modified firmware (e.g., recovery & kernel removed), or a firmware for a different CID/MID/Part number you need S-Off.

Gufsl1

Nov 6, 2010
The ROM and the firmware are seperate.

The firmware usually contains hboot.

Custom ROMs do not include firmware.

The OTA includes firmware as well as a ROM patch and must be flashed together with ROM and Recovery both stock.

You can update the firmware manually.

If you want to flash a modified firmware (e.g., recovery & kernel removed), or a firmware for a different CID/MID/Part number you need S-Off.

Restoring from NAndroid backup is something reliable?

Gufsl1

Nov 6, 2010
restoring a nandroid will not update your firmware or hboot
theirs 2 ways to update firmware the way HTC does it is with a RUU or OTA update

But since we have s-off you can simply get s-off and flash any firmware you like
look here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506

It did yes... It was a nandroid backup from stock Rogers ... so I just put the stock recovery and everything was working and updating!