Words with Friends crashing

Search This thread

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Has anyone else had a problem with WwF force closing the past couple of days? Not sure if there was an update to it or not, but as of yesterday, any time I try to play, I get a FC. Uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache, fixed permissions, no change. I even did a Superwipe and installed a different ROM (was having issues with Revolution anyway), and even on a clean install, with no restored apps, just downloading WwF by itself, I get a FC.

Not the end of the world, but I play this every day and I'm stumped on how to fix it if it's something on my end.

Edit: Looking at the log, it looks like one of my current games is causing the error, returning a number from the Zynga side at some point that isn't an integer, which is causing the game to crash when writing to the DB. Guess I'll have to wait til one of those games ends.

Last edited:

mhester50

May 3, 2010
Me too. Looks to be program problem. Everyone noting this in the market. Does anyone have a previous release?

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Well good to know it's not just me, I can stop trying to fix it myself now :D Weird thing is, it's just the tablet version -- the one on my Evo 3D works fine, and I'm pretty sure it's been updated as well.

rambo83

Jan 5, 2012
Newton, NJ
wwf

ive been having issues with my wff taking a long time to update i also have the app on my phone and it updates much quicker on there vs the tablet any ideas?

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Yeah same here. Maybe it's just that the synchronization is off -- I think it checks every 5 minutes, so the 5 minute loop on my phone may be happening at the 1 minute mark on my tablet. Wish you could manually refresh.

I wrote Zynga with the trace details about the error, hopefully others have too and they'll get this worked out soon.