[FXZ] Motorola Droid Ultra/Ultra MAXX FXZ download link

Search This thread

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
I've been using my Galaxy S4, but really miss my MAXX.

But here's the worst part of this whole thing:
I accidentally dropped it. Not very far at all, but now there is a tiny crack in the glass on the bottom right corner. So who knows if the touch screen will even work when I get it fixed. I'm not impressed with the Gorilla Glass 3. I've never cracked a screen before.

Biggest lesson learned though----next time pay the extra money to get a developer edition. This is the first time I've had a phone with a locked bootloader and I hate it. I feel so powerless. Even though stock is excellent on this phone, I still need the control of knowing I'm unlocked :) I'm hoping maybe once I fix it I can sell it and my S4 and get a developer edition.

Assuming I ever get it unbricked :)

I just spoke with a few Motorola reps and they swear up and down that they only provide files in OTA format and that they could not provide me a 12.15.15. file in xml format, so where do these xml's come from? Google? I am about to pester Google next because I really don't want to send my phone in so that they can take two weeks to fix what we could all do in two minutes provided we had the one xml file needed...

And I am very much so missing my Ultra, I only had it rooted to debloat, nothing else! And when I wipe before a restore I always wipe data,caches and system but had I known that restoring a prior version of firmware was not possible I clearly wouldn't have wiped system.... Gah I am so frustrated with myself... Well, we live and we learn

Maybe if everyone pesters Motorola and or Google they will provide the file we need lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kclantz

Jul 6, 2011
I just spoke with a few Motorola reps and they swear up and down that they only provide files in OTA format and that they could not provide me a 12.15.15. file in xml format, so where do these xml's come from? Google? I am about to pester Google next because I really don't want to send my phone in so that they can take two weeks to fix what we could all do in two minutes provided we had the one xml file needed...

And I am very much so missing my Ultra, I only had it rooted to debloat, nothing else! And when I wipe before a restore I always wipe data,caches and system but had I known that restoring a prior version of firmware was not possible I clearly wouldn't have wiped system.... Gah I am so frustrated with myself... Well, we live and we learn

Maybe if everyone pesters Motorola and or Google they will provide the file we need lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I am sure that they will also charge quite a bit to do what we can do in two minutes as well, which is annoying.

But like you I was just debloating, and since I've never had a locked bootloader I didn't realize wiping would do this. I've been angry at myself for doing this, but I guess that doesn't change the fact that it happened. And I've always found the best way to learn how to do something is to break it!

Time for me to learn patience. Or time for me to also start pestering moto and google :)

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
I am sure that they will also charge quite a bit to do what we can do in two minutes as well, which is annoying.

But like you I was just debloating, and since I've never had a locked bootloader I didn't realize wiping would do this. I've been angry at myself for doing this, but I guess that doesn't change the fact that it happened. And I've always found the best way to learn how to do something is to break it!

Time for me to learn patience. Or time for me to also start pestering moto and google :)

like i said moto swears they cannot provide the xml or FXZ whichever it is but now google on the other hand, i have yet to pester...

let the annoyance begin!

Gtech145

May 18, 2010
Delaware
I wonder when kitkat is released if it will just update the radio for those that failed the radio flash

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

kclantz

Jul 6, 2011
like i said moto swears they cannot provide the xml or FXZ whichever it is but now google on the other hand, i have yet to pester...

let the annoyance begin!
Well please let me know if Google tells you anything. I'll try as well. My bet is they refer us to Verizon, who refers us to moto and the cycle continues . . .

Reactions: spiral777

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I just hit refresh on your fxz page and BAM!!!! There it is you are awesome now Ican get out oof this half root situation I'm in thank you so much.

osucowboy96

Sep 14, 2013
Ok, I'm having some major issues here and hope someone can help. I seem to be "soft-bricked." My Maxx will boot up, gets to the droid graphic (right before it normally gets to the unlock screen), screen dims and capacitive buttons light up, then it just pulses brighter every 10 seconds or so. Every once in a while, a voice will say "Loss of service."

History:

1. Was rooted, unrooted to get the OTA, re-rooted. Everything was fine.

2. Got tired of the wireless charging sound, so I applied the fix noted here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450085&page=3

3. Also had Xposed installed with NFCUnlock and GravityBox.

4. Was running into issues with apps randomly losing root access, and the wireless charging sound would come back, so I downgraded Xposed to the previous version as recommended in another thread.

5. Also was using DelayedUnlock app, so I disabled USB Debugging as requested.

6. Still faced issues with apps losing root access, so I decided to restore the apk I replaced in #2 with the backup I made. Rebooted phone and am soft-bricked (I guess).

7. Downloaded the latest FXZ and used HouseofMoto to flash it, no help. Deleted the <step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" /> line as recommended in another thread and flashed again, still doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brenardo

Nov 13, 2010
I wish the files were a little easier to identify, by date uploaded or software version.

Edit: just figured it out. :)

But I ain't complaining I am glad they are available.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

commando122

Nov 10, 2010
On a DE phone, can I just flash boot, system and the radios? I removed a lot of bloat which makes OTA zip not work. I could have fxz'd back to stock but I'm being lazy and don't want to erase my userdata

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

FYI...moto just announced they will be posting factory images

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for the upload guys! Feels good to my have my Droid Ultra!

Reactions: spiral777

swboland

Jul 8, 2012
Long Island
Link DEAD!!!

The link in the OP is dead! Is anyone else having this problem? I really need the boot.img from the 12.9 FXZ and even on other sites, links to the page with the FXZ files return an error loading the page. Someone help please!

EDIT: Ok so I guess it turns out that Skrillax_CZ's servers went down about a day ago. He said they may be down for the rest of the year! well let's hope that they come back sooner, and without any more troubles for him.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48399306&postcount=189
There has been a HDD failure on the server (actually, 2 HDDs failed). So it will be down for some time (also the fact that the other guy is in Russia and the time difference is lovely 12 hours between us will slow that down :p ).

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48417178&postcount=193
This will take some time (could theoretically be down for the rest of 2013).

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
The link in the OP is dead! Is anyone else having this problem? I really need the boot.img from the 12.9 FXZ and even on other sites, links to the page with the FXZ files return an error loading the page. Someone help please!

EDIT: Ok so I guess it turns out that Skrillax_CZ's servers went down about a day ago. He said they may be down for the rest of the year! well let's hope that they come back sooner, and without any more troubles for him.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48399306&postcount=189

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48417178&postcount=193

I have some droid maxx xt1080m files mirrored here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45693258

Sent from my XT1080m using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts