[Q] ATT and T-MOBILE

Search This thread

fuzio1963

Apr 30, 2009
close to chgo
That might be a weird (don't want to use word "stupid") question. I have rooted, unlocked ATT branded Flex, running currently on T-Mo network.
Questions;
1. Is there a way i can somehow port T-Mo stock Rom into it?
2. How do i get rid of the ATT bloat on my Flex?? I was trying BloatFree app, but with it i was not able even see installed ATT apps..

Anything will be appreciated. :)

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
1. when we have a recovery you may be able to flash the sock deodexed T-Mobile ROM I posted. No promises it'll work.

2. I use es file explorer and delete then, but you could try titanium backup

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

fuzio1963

Apr 30, 2009
close to chgo
ty

Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Thank you for advices.
And to ".................. but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.................." - the point, for example is, tethering, or mobile hot spots, if you will. Now, Internet (data) works just fine, 4G, and LTE too. But, becuase (I am guessing) Att Radio is different than T-Mo, i cannot get it to tether, even that "legal" 3GB tether T-Mo allows you to.

N

nerdfacenyan

Tethering and mobile hotspot, as well as wifi calling for T-Mobile specifically.

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
Tethering and mobile hotspot, as well as wifi calling for T-Mobile specifically.

Read that in the post above yours, thanks for retyping it though.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Thank you for advices.
And to ".................. but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.................." - the point, for example is, tethering, or mobile hot spots, if you will. Now, Internet (data) works just fine, 4G, and LTE too. But, becuase (I am guessing) Att Radio is different than T-Mo, i cannot get it to tether, even that "legal" 3GB tether T-Mo allows you to.

I should have been more clear when I said that I didn't see the point of running a rom that belongs to another variant. From my experience in the past with other phones and flashing ported roms, not all of the features were functional. Maybe it'll be different with the Flex.