Help

Search This thread

Akhayev

Nov 9, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I heard some people saying who gets update for lg g3 by ota and its just 48mb that means your phone unbranded..what does that mean??

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
What are you asking?

What is an OTA?
What is unbranded?

An OTA is "over the air" and is a way for your firmware to be updated.

Unbranded means your phone was not associated with any particular network or carrier - basically meaning it was brought "sim free".

Akhayev

Nov 9, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I mean like when you go to settings>about phone> software update .. I updated my software today and the size of the update was 43mb but some people got update size 178mb.. And they was saying who got update and the size was 43mb it means that your phone unbranded

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I mean like when you go to settings>about phone> software update .. I updated my software today and the size of the update was 43mb but some people got update size 178mb.. And they was saying who got update and the size was 43mb it means that your phone unbranded

It depends where you are situated, different regions have got different updates that fix different things, most fixes are things relating to radio and cell tower connections.

Vodafone branded devices had an update that fixed something specifically for their network.

the 43mb update seems most common and suggests that there was nothing on your device that really needed fixing beyond whatever the "power optimisation" is that they have done.

Akhayev

Nov 9, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
It depends where you are situated, different regions have got different updates that fix different things, most fixes are things relating to radio and cell tower connections.

Vodafone branded devices had an update that fixed something specifically for their network.

the 43mb update seems most common and suggests that there was nothing on your device that really needed fixing beyond whatever the "power optimisation" is that they have done.

Okay thank you bro