[Q] Wifi "Error" - Rooted - Default ROM - Worked for months - sudden "error" for wifi

Search This thread

coreyfro

Aug 4, 2011
[Q] Wifi "Error" - Rooted - Default ROM - Worked for months - sudden "error" for wifi

Crazy thing happened. I rooted my phone, still using default rom, ran for months, and NOW I get wifi "error"

When I go to the settings menu and try to connect to wifi, listed below "Wi-Fi" in the checkbox area is "Error"

Working fine for MONTHS...now, wifi broken. This happened in the past 24 hours with no changes on my part. I haven't even installed any apps through the store.

The wifi network I am on is protected with WPA, and I trust that my roommate can't hack my phone ;-)

So unless someone broke into my network, I can only assume that Verizon changed my phone or that it just broke magically.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'll look in to this error, manually, but I just wanted to put this out there in case the WAS some firmware change that broken things for people in the past 24 hours or if this is a somewhat common problem, get some feed back.

I have searched and I have not seen such an error happen without some direct cause such as rooting, changing roms, or running debloat applications, which I have NOOOOOOT done in the past 24 hours, nay, past MONTH.

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
what is your hboot version and software version? Hboot version can be found in hboot and software version can be found in settings>about

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
Crazy thing happened. I rooted my phone, still using default rom, ran for months, and NOW I get wifi "error"

When I go to the settings menu and try to connect to wifi, listed below "Wi-Fi" in the checkbox area is "Error"

Working fine for MONTHS...now, wifi broken. This happened in the past 24 hours with no changes on my part. I haven't even installed any apps through the store.

The wifi network I am on is protected with WPA, and I trust that my roommate can't hack my phone ;-)

So unless someone broke into my network, I can only assume that Verizon changed my phone or that it just broke magically.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'll look in to this error, manually, but I just wanted to put this out there in case the WAS some firmware change that broken things for people in the past 24 hours or if this is a somewhat common problem, get some feed back.

I have searched and I have not seen such an error happen without some direct cause such as rooting, changing roms, or running debloat applications, which I have NOOOOOOT done in the past 24 hours, nay, past MONTH.

What kernel are you running?

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
u are running a kernel, such as say, the 1.xx kernel, with the 2.xx wifi module..
u need wifi module, to match that of the kernel being used.

coreyfro

Aug 4, 2011
As default as default could be. I haven't installed any apps lately either. Just been a good little user. I've only rooted for backup purposes and to have terminal access.

Software information
Android version

HTC Sense version

Software number

More
Baseband, Kernel version, etc.

PRI Version
1.12_002, 1.83_002

PRL Version

ERI Version
5​

HBOOT
*** UNLOCKED ***
VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.10.0000
eMMC-boot
Oct 5 2011,21:18:48​

Kernel
$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.35.13-g20c5d1d #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 12 22.31.30 CST 2011 arm71 unknown

what is your hboot version and software version? Hboot version can be found in hboot and software version can be found in settings>about