[Q] blazer rom question

Search This thread

robertqadkins

Jan 31, 2013
Okay so I love this rom. I installed it when it was at 1.6. I checked back to see if they had updated anything and wow it was already at like 2.1. I got to reading and found out that 2.1 uses a new kernel and would not recognize my 64 gig micro sd, so I installed 2.0. Everything works great except for one thing. In some areas, I cannot make calls. It acts like it is dialing, but never starts ringing and eventually hangs up. I am showing in some cases full bars. I am roaming, but I have full service. I have checked my roaming guards and roaming networks. Changed almost every setting that I can with no avail. Sometimes when I try to make a call, I will lose all bars of service. One thing to note, when in this area, I can still use my internet and 3g service, just no calls. Before updating, I could make calls in the area easily. I can drive five minutes down the road and make calls with no problem. I am figuring it is maybe a different tower. Also this area is roaming as well. I can make calls no problem. Just wondering if anyone maybe has an answer for this. I have searched the blazer rom official forum and have came up with nothing. Advanced thanks to anyone that may have an answer and for the help.

TheManiac

Jul 4, 2012
Maybe update Ur prl? And do a clean install?

Rooted Evo dead.
Rooted Evo shift dead.
Rooted Galaxy s3 alive and well!

robertqadkins

Jan 31, 2013
Okay, will do. Will update later.

*Update*

Okay, so I tried updating my prl with no luck. I updated via the option in the menu. A question that I had is do I need to do this on my Sprint network, or can I do it while I am roaming? Also I completely did a fresh flash of blazer 2.0, Superior, and blazer 1.6 (the last working rom that I had) and now they are all doing the same thing. My wife's phone, a s2, works fine in that area as well as my buddy's. Any other suggestions?

bchalker

Oct 17, 2010
Deerfield Beach
*Update*

Okay, so I tried updating my prl with no luck. I updated via the option in the menu. A question that I had is do I need to do this on my Sprint network, or can I do it while I am roaming? Also I completely did a fresh flash of blazer 2.0, Superior, and blazer 1.6 (the last working rom that I had) and now they are all doing the same thing. My wife's phone, a s2, works fine in that area as well as my buddy's. Any other suggestions?

Get an up to date rom. That rom is notorious for not being updated or supported by the developer.

robertqadkins

Jan 31, 2013
Get an up to date rom. That rom is notorious for not being updated or supported by the developer.

I did, I tried superior. It did the same thing. Now I can only make calls on roaming networks occasionally. I have to keep trying to call and call and eventually one of the calls will go through, sometimes. Other times I can't get a call out at all. My internet works fine. I have tried 2 different roms. 2 versions of Blazer and Superior. I tried updating my prl on while connected to the Sprint network and that did not help. I am at a loss here. I have tried just about everything that I know. Could it be a hardware problem? I would not think so since I can make and receive calls fine while not roaming. Any suggestions?

robertqadkins

Jan 31, 2013
Where are you located? Kind of sounds like a Sprint issue.

I don't think it is a sprint issue. My wife's stock s2 works fine. I am located in Danville, WV. I get no sprint service where I live and am always roaming, so this is a pretty big deal. Also, this morning I installed MOAR with no luck either. Could it be a hardware issue? I don't think it is because if i'm not roaming it works fine...must be something small.

Last edited: