Americansied contact info?

Search This thread

DocSoton

Jun 16, 2007
Quite surprised and a bit annoyed that the contact info, in particular the Address field, is Americanised... I cant even add our Post Code into the Zip Code as its a numeric field only! Is there a way to change this, or define my own fields?

Its almost as bad as not seeing English (United Kingdom) and only English (American) when installing software... there's a difference between the two, and surely the clue is in the name itself!

DocSoton

Jun 16, 2007
Haven't come across it myself, always had English (United Kingdom) as an option. What firmware?

My language options are set to UK etc.. but if I go into Contacts, and look at the Address Fields, I have State, Zip Code.. etc I did wonder wheterht is was a generic android thing but my mates HTC says County, Post Code...

Ill check software version.. but it is an EU handset and Ive just recently received the kitkat update...

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
OK, just tried to add an address in myself, have the same issue! I hadn't checked after the KK update, however my old addresses are still showing up OK. FFS Samsung and their stupidity again :(

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
I have just tried it and you can add the postcode when you enter a new contract. When hi go to edit it, it only gives you the numbers option on the keyboard... Stupid ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
We're talking on kit Kat mate.... It worked prior to kit Kat ....but not now....

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
He means Official 4.4.2 with the new boot loader, CM runs on Jelly Bean's boot loader aka MJ7/Mk2.

UK postcode has letters and numbers ie: N1 6YU - When entering Address info we can only type american zip codes ie: 939393 which is no good to us.

Reactions: alom5

y2kkingboy

Feb 16, 2012
Milwaukee
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
He means Official 4.4.2 with the new boot loader, CM runs on Jelly Bean's boot loader aka MJ7/Mk2.

UK postcode has letters and numbers ie: N1 6YU - When entering Address info we can only type american zip codes ie: 939393 which is no good to us.

Bootloader has little to do with the software. So the topic is about software capability and Samsung apparently locks it.

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
I meant the latest official Sammy software. Which cm11 is not. Even cm11 roms can't be run once you've got the official Sammy 4.4.2....as yet anyway

y2kkingboy

Feb 16, 2012
Milwaukee
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I meant the latest official Sammy software. Which cm11 is not. Even cm11 roms can't be run once you've got the official Sammy 4.4.2....as yet anyway

CM11 and Official Kitkat are two totally different things software wise . :rolleyes:

I know. The OP was talking in frustration and I was only giving him an option to think about later on.
I'm not arguing if CM11 and Samsung official kit kat are the same or not. I'm arguing that they are both Android OSs and one of them is restricted when it comes to what kind of data is stored in a field.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.