[Q] Sprint LS970 APN Settings

Search This thread

stingwasted

Jun 13, 2012
I ported my phone to straight talk from sprint and my data is working but the speeds are very slow. Straight talk told me to manually enter APN settings they provided me but it's not where it is supposed to be under the mobile networks settings. LG support told me it should be there and if it's not that Sprint has removed, hidden or disabled it. Does anyone know how to access APN settings on this phone?

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
I ported my phone to straight talk from sprint and my data is working but the speeds are very slow. Straight talk told me to manually enter APN settings they provided me but it's not where it is supposed to be under the mobile networks settings. LG support told me it should be there and if it's not that Sprint has removed, hidden or disabled it. Does anyone know how to access APN settings on this phone?

I'm not sure because Ive never had to do it on this phone. I know Sprint has removed/hidden/disabled it. Certain 3rd party messaging apps will allow you to change the apn settings but I dont think it's system wide. I'm not by my phone currently so I cant test this right now but we do have a hidden menu. From your phone dial 3845#*970# to access the hidden menu.

If apn settings aren't in there you could always try a different rom. You would have to be rooted and unlocked with a custom recovery but most of them will allow you to change the apn settings. If you go that route, head over to the original development section for our phone and read the root guide by engine95 found there VERY CAREFULLY. Sorry if this isn't much help but like I said, Ive never had to do this because I'm still on Sprint Stock.

stingwasted

Jun 13, 2012
I tried some apps but they don't work on android 4+ they say and I've tried some secret menus with no success. Can't remember if I tried that one or not. Ill check real quick. I am rooted but I've been hesitant to switch Rome since stock works so well but I may have to look into it. Can anyone recommend a hassle free rom?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah I tried that menu before. Didn't see it.

Yeah I was worried it wouldnt be in there. Most roms have some slight issues, I prefer stock myself and have been modifying it manually. Cyanogenmod 10.2 is probably your best bet though. It's based on Android 4.3, CM 11 is 4.4 based and mostly smooth but still not labeled as stable.

EDIT: Just make sure you make a full backup of what you have now in TWRP. I'd use TWRP 2.5.0.0 btw. Backup all partitions so if something goes wrong you can restore it back. And follow the install directions for CM precisely. Good luck!

stingwasted

Jun 13, 2012
I'm not sure that database will help me since Sprint is cdma, but also I already have the correct apn settings from straight talk. My phone just doesn't doesn't have the option to input them thanks to Sprint. Cell providers really need to stop locking people in at this point. If your services were good and your price was competitive then people would stay with you, without the gimmicks. Sorry to rant I'm just really sick of all the cat and mouse games of unlocking a phone. I think I probably will just use a custom rom since my phone won't have anymore limitations after that, but that is still more work than I wanted to do just to change apn settings. Thanks for the feedback guys!

octhrope

Oct 24, 2009
I'm not sure that database will help me since Sprint is cdma, but also I already have the correct apn settings from straight talk. My phone just doesn't doesn't have the option to input them thanks to Sprint. Cell providers really need to stop locking people in at this point. If your services were good and your price was competitive then people would stay with you, without the gimmicks. Sorry to rant I'm just really sick of all the cat and mouse games of unlocking a phone. I think I probably will just use a custom rom since my phone won't have anymore limitations after that, but that is still more work than I wanted to do just to change apn settings. Thanks for the feedback guys!

The app opens the location...

Reactions: I-IoLLoW

stingwasted

Jun 13, 2012
It didn't change it for me. It said ICS or later prevents it but it did allow me to open the menu which was good enough for me. Still having a problem where after a reboot it keeps creating the sprint apn after I delete it but I figure that's baked into this stock rom somehow. Prob still be switching roms but I will play with it some more. It also keeps trying to reactivate on sprint but I was glad to at least see the menu. If it were not for some clever sprint engineers that app would have worked perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try thisOffline SIM APN Database Otherwise consider using a custom rom or even a stock variant.

The app opens the location...