[Q] ViPER4Android in Stock-Based KitKat?

Search This thread

StinkyToilet

Mar 7, 2013
Medan
I've tried ViPER4Android in both XitROM and SphinX. On both of them, V4A doesn't work. After driver installation completed and restarted my device, it asks for driver installation again. But in audio_effects.conf, there's already V4A library path. The problem is, why the driver library is not loaded? And can V4A really be installed in these 2 ROMs? (I think it shouldn't work in stock too - I don't want to redownload a huge ROM) :(

Last edited:

StinkyToilet

Mar 7, 2013
Medan
In the latest sphinxrom viper is working for me, never got it to work on previous versions.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I'm using SphinX 1.3 (20.4.14_20E) and I've tried XitROM 1.7 too. Doesn't work. :( What V4A version are you using? 2.3.3.0? And I've also tried all 3 quality modes (power saving, high audio quality, super audio quality). They all doesn't work :(

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
I'm using SphinX 1.3 (20.4.14_20E) and I've tried XitROM 1.7 too. Doesn't work. :( What V4A version are you using? 2.3.3.0? And I've also tried all 3 quality modes (power saving, high audio quality, super audio quality). They all doesn't work :(

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703029
I'm using the latest version from this thread, version 2.3.3.0. Tried high audio quality. I tried it on the previous version of this rom and it wouldn't work, i don't know what they did on the update but it fixed the drivers loop.

Reactions: StinkyToilet

StinkyToilet

Mar 7, 2013
Medan
I'm using the latest version from this thread, version 2.3.3.0. Tried high audio quality. I tried it on the previous version of this rom and it wouldn't work, i don't know what they did on the update but it fixed the drivers loop.

Alright. It means I'm unlucky then. V4A doesn't work for me. I don't really know what the real problem is :(

EDIT: Will you do me a favor please? Can you check the MD5 of /system/lib/libeffects.so? Mine first 4 characters are 8922. What's yours? :confused:

Last edited:

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
Alright. It means I'm unlucky then. V4A doesn't work for me. I don't really know what the real problem is :(

EDIT: Will you do me a favor please? Can you check the MD5 of /system/lib/libeffects.so? Mine first 4 characters are 8922. What's yours? :confused:

8856. Are you using the latest build? It's. From may if im not mistaken.

Reactions: StinkyToilet

StinkyToilet

Mar 7, 2013
Medan

What? I've downloaded the latest... Maybe I'm wrong? I'll check it out! Thanks for replying with numbers other than 8922 :D. The different libeffects should be the problem :)
I see that the latest version there is GX 2.0 (17.5.14). It's my fault then :). Thanks for reminding me... I'll try the latest build

EDIT: Thankfully, now it worked! And it's system-wide!!! Thanks again! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the latest sphinxrom viper is working for me, never got it to work on previous versions.