How to make Temple run run smoothly in cm10

Search This thread

adix149

Aug 24, 2011
Bangalore
hi guys,

i am trying to run Temple run on my Defy (red lens) running quarx 22 aug build for Defy+. But its really slow and at times unplayable. Can any one suggest what to do so that it runs smoothly ...

Sep 9, 2011
It's still a nightly

CM 10 is still on the before the middle stage of being stable so it is still lagy, unstable:eek:, and all of that staff so just wait for the most stable release. After every 3 releases I try one to see what they had came up to but find it still very slow and lagy and after I reinstall my Apps it's even more unstable:(, so I just reinstall my fav. ROM with my tweaks. I'm on defy + CM 7.2 Nightly but it's very stable and my daily ROM:good:.

veddandekar

Aug 11, 2012
@brajesh
whats your Defy setup.?? Did you install any spl apps ??

Its quite Simple :D

Make sure you have a Clean install of CM10. always use the latest cause it gets more and more stable every time :)
OverClock you defy. To Do This on CM10 go to [settings -> Performance -> Processor] and set the minimum frequency to 300 and maximum to 1000 and Tick Set on Boot.
Under performance set memory management to "allow purging of assets."
Also under performance set surface improvement To "Disable dithering"(I dont know what this one does but I have to this way...)
Edit:Forgot to mention this - Using minimal gapps instead of full gapps also saves you some RAM.I used to Lag alot on Full gapps but then Installed minimal gapps and its smooth as silk now :)

Reboot,clear cache and Dalvik and try to play again see if it works :)

You can also use oother CPU governors.I use BoostedAssv2. :D

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

supercharge your phone :p

I read a lot of times and also have tested myself to notice that Supercharging does not help alot in CM10....
It infact sometimes makes it slower... The defy with cm10 is fast enough on its own anyways :D

Well atleast for me it is :) Just telling what I think....

Last edited:
Reactions: adix149

vedhasd

May 31, 2012
Gaithersburg

Make sure you have a Clean install of CM10. always use the latest cause it gets more and more stable every time :)
OverClock you defy. To Do This on CM10 go to [settings -> Performance -> Processor] and set the minimum frequency to 300 and maximum to 1000 and Tick Set on Boot.
Also under performance set surface improvement To "Disable dithering"(I dont know what this one does but I have to this way...)
Edit:Forgot to mention this - Using minimal gapps instead of full gapps also saves you some RAM.I used to Lag alot on Full gapps but then Installed minimal gapps and its smooth as silk now :)

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I read a lot of times and also have tested myself to notice that Supercharging does not help alot in CM10....
It infact sometimes makes it slower... The defy with cm10 is fast enough on its own anyways :D

Well what all things you have said to follow those thinngs and much more are done by supercharger! Um it does not make a huge difference ... come on you can't get s2's performance without changing h/w ;)

And yea minimal gapps helps save RAM

:D
Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

edgar83

Oct 10, 2011
Giarre
I'm having difficulties on latest 11/10 rom, is anybody able to play temple run smoothly on the latest roms with custom kernel?

Playing on 24/09 was fine for me.

nastys

Jul 22, 2012
Italy
Mine is very smooth. There's no need to overclock, but at 1.2 GHz it's super smooth. Make sure you have the 27.10 build. To overclock go to Bootmenu, CPU settings, and set Clk4 to 1200 and Vsel4 to 60 or 62 or until it's stable (max 65). If you want you can also set Clk3 to 900. Select Save when done and reboot. It should be safe within Vsel 65.

Sent from my flying overclocked Motorola Defy+ MB526 with CyanogenMod 10 and custom kernel using XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you have loads of free RAM and your Defy overclocked :good:
    @brajesh
    whats your Defy setup.?? Did you install any spl apps ??

supercharge your phone :p

it works smoothly on my Cm10 defy :D