S IV coming

Search This thread

dsmas

Apr 18, 2012
Bangalore
Samsung is planning S IV to roll out in April 2013 possibly with unbreakble screen. Other features 13 mp camera picture density 441 ppi.(times of India Banaglore edition dated 7Dec2012, page18). So Note 3 may roll out in 4th quarter 2013 for which I am waiting, by that time my note 1 will be around 2 years old and I could willfully sell or give it to a family member. I think most of you will do the same thing, I shall catch up you guys there.
PS: I do not want to miss this crowd.

Last edited:

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
I think I'm gonna jump ship to the Sony Xperia Yuga,if it comes out......with cyanogenmod leaving the Galaxy and Note lines(unless Sammy decides to scrap the Exynos SoC.....which,lets face it, is not gonna happen) and Sony offering full GPL compliance(read: almost all source code is released), I'm thinking about the Yuga.
Doesn't matter about the S-Pen, don't use it anyways; just bought the phone for the screen size and a .3" decrease doesn't seem that much different to me.

Reactions: Reynaldinho111

zas311

Jan 14, 2007
Note 3 will be my next one regardless its features.

Sent from my GT-N7000

hkgrob

Dec 13, 2011
While we all (read I) appreciate what the CM team and team Hacksung may have done, lets face it, they are a minuscule minority to Samsung. CM also does not offer anything revolutionary over what a standard device can do, (OK, so maybe the code and is cleaner and there's less bloat, but its just as easy to remove the bloat from TW), and in terms of the Galaxy note, it actually takes away some of the most useful parts.

99% of users never even root their devices, and for them, the Brickbug does not exist and never has.

It's hardly a good reason to never use another Samsung device...Especially since they really are ahead of the curve at this point.

Just my opinion.

Reynaldinho111

Mar 24, 2011
Cary, NC
While we all (read I) appreciate what the CM team and team Hacksung may have done, lets face it, they are a minuscule minority to Samsung. CM also does not offer anything revolutionary over what a standard device can do, (OK, so maybe the code and is cleaner and there's less bloat, but its just as easy to remove the bloat from TW), and in terms of the Galaxy note, it actually takes away some of the most useful parts.

99% of users never even root their devices, and for them, the Brickbug does not exist and never has.

It's hardly a good reason to never use another Samsung device...Especially since they really are ahead of the curve at this point.

Just my opinion.

The simple fact is we arent part of the 99% that never root their phones. We are the ones who enjoy the freedom of customizing every little aspect and squeezing every ounze of performance out. Some (like myself) can't stand touchjizz and to say that cm doesn't offer anything revolutionary is plain ignorant. The fact that Samsung isn't keeping the promises they make and continues to string us along is disgusting. I was a Samsung fanboy for years but after this ordeal I won't be buying another Samsung phone until they get their act together. Maybe cm is a miniscule minority to Samsung but there are still thousands of us who come here, to xda, to tweak, tinker and get the most out of our devices and cyanogenmod plays an enormous role in that. As xda members we look for devices with dev support, you can have the most high end phone in the world but if the devs aren't given what they need from the manufacturers then what's the point in even being here? You might as well become an iSheep. I am another who will be picking up a Sony yuga unless Samsung has their **** sorted by the time they release the gs4. For a company that's fighting apple as much as Samsung is they're starting to look more and more like them every day

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

xudsa II USERT

Dec 17, 2007
SG
The market is improving too fast these days.. Barely have time to catch up tiwht the bandwagon!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

lsauer

Oct 10, 2008
Wouldn't this be more suitable in the S III forum? I don't care one bit, since I bought the Note for the screen size.

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad

Just my opinion.

I don't give a flying coitus about the 99 percent of users, I belong to the remaining 1 percent.

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Probably going to skip Samsung next time if Sony will continue their pro-development policy with Xperia Yuga phone. Don't get me wrong, CM10 runs great on my Note, but it's not nice to know some bugs will probably never be fixed because Samsung didnt keep their promise about releasing sources AGAIN. And since i hate TW-based roms, i can't stick with stock.

Anyway, Sony's TimeScape ( is this what it's called ? ) Android mod is probably the best non-aosp android build...

Reactions: veghov and chasmodo

willstay

May 7, 2011
Well Samsung works for me. I had to root GS2 for regional font support and print screen. In GNote, I ran stock unrooted for 6 months as all that I needed were already there. Then I started exploring and flashed several ROMs. Some which are closest to Nexus version have everything in white background (eye straining). Some do not support SPen. Some had more annoying bugs than Samsung stock. So finally back to stock TW and TW is blessing. If I buy Galaxy Nexus, I will want to flash TW. When OS starts to reach maturity, having latest OS is not always required on the first day. For example - we can almost run everything in Windows XP, the same has started to hold true in Android too. And SPen is blessing, it has saved me borrowing pen from waiter and draw quick diagrams on tissue paper dozen times.

Sent from GNote.

Reactions: qazibasit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

The simple fact is we arent part of the 99% that never root their phones. We are the ones who enjoy the freedom of customizing every little aspect and squeezing every ounze of performance out. Some (like myself) can't stand touchjizz and to say that cm doesn't offer anything revolutionary is plain ignorant. The fact that Samsung isn't keeping the promises they make and continues to string us along is disgusting. I was a Samsung fanboy for years but after this ordeal I won't be buying another Samsung phone until they get their act together. Maybe cm is a miniscule minority to Samsung but there are still thousands of us who come here, to xda, to tweak, tinker and get the most out of our devices and cyanogenmod plays an enormous role in that. As xda members we look for devices with dev support, you can have the most high end phone in the world but if the devs aren't given what they need from the manufacturers then what's the point in even being here? You might as well become an iSheep. I am another who will be picking up a Sony yuga unless Samsung has their **** sorted by the time they release the gs4. For a company that's fighting apple as much as Samsung is they're starting to look more and more like them every day

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
    ^^^This.

I don't care if it's S13 with fantastic phone features, which also gives you a BJ in the morning. Never again a Samsung for me. Ever.
    I said it once never to buy a device from a certain company (it was Motorola), if i'd continue with that for the next 4 devices, i would have to go back to my old Siemens S4....

Lol so far Sammy is doing pretty well I don't know what's the hate xD.. As far as I can see from tw ux (LRT) on note it has become better and better not to mention the new features on JB.. Multi windows and etc features are WAY ahead of AOSP.. TW its how android should be anyways.. Who cares about a plain/boring /simplistic rom like cm10.. AOSP roms are closer to iOS than any other in boringness/featureless terms... Sammy its always innovating and bringing a whole new world of stuff on every release.. Come on.. Just compare any AOSP JB 4.1.2 to TW (beta) XXLSC... Even the lock screen on AOSP sucks.. Oh wait I want to unlock my screen aww where's the fking tiny little circle I gotta slide to unlock and hey where to? Left? Right? BS...
    "bloat" you don't even have to delete anything just hide it and that's it.. And you can always get a custom TW for any extra stuff.. But hey saying AOSP crap is anyway better than TW its plain dumb.. It's like comparing a stock subaru impresa with a rally twicked subaru impresa..

I got some friends with a nexus and when they saw my note on XXLS2 they flashed the TW add on and now they have nexus with TW just because it's beautiful

Yeah Google delivers a really good base to work with.. (AOSP) but hey let the professionals in business (multimillions companies) paying a crap load of money for innovation and revolutionary ideas do the job that's not for kids or benefisense... Rest its antagonism

Tapatalking on my n7000
    I have my own and personal opinions and will spread them whenever ever I want...

That's why I find myself scraping my shoes whenever I visit the general forum.