[Q] Touch Screen issue on S4 i9505

Search This thread

Shiroh1ge

Dec 27, 2013
So I've been having this weird behaviour of the touch screen on my S4 during games. When I'm needed to hold my finger on the screen for continuous gestures (like moving) sometimes the screen stops registering the touch (it's like I've lifted my fingure off the screen, but I haven't), so I have to lift my finger up and press the screen again to continue moving. It's happening really often and it's really annoying for a game like Super Hexagon where if you stop moving for a milisec you're dead. Don't think I've read anyone else having the same problem. I've been having this problem on the stock Jelly Bean 4.3, CM 11 Kitkat 4.4.2 and recently I put the unofficial stock 4.4.2 KitKat. Is it a hardware problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Shiroh1ge

Dec 27, 2013
Reboot into recovery and do wipe cache/Factory reset and then Flash the kitkat leak once again via odin and check if the problem still persist. and if your problem still doesnt fix try to flash a stock 4.3 , it might be a bug or something since the 4.4 kitkat is just a leak.. have a nice day

I'll try that, thanks for the answer

Shiroh1ge

Dec 27, 2013
I'm om 4.3 now, still the same. Almost all games are unplayable... I'm starting to think it's a hardware problem. Could the disabling of a service be causing this, cus I disable a lot of them.
edit: I found that pressing the screen a little bit too hard makes it unresponsive. Definitely hardware problem since I've changed screen glasses before. I'm losing hope for fixing this :/. Any suggestions?

Last edited: