[Q] TabPro 10.1 - USB changing

Search This thread

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Would someone with a TabPro 10.1 please answer the following charging questions?
  • How long does this tablet take to fully charge from 25% or less charge?
  • If you attach a micoUSB OTG cable to a powered USB hub will the tablet still charge while using a device (USB harddrive, SDCard reader ... etc) that is also attached to the powered USB hub?
  • Can a microUSB OTG Y Cable concurrently charge from the standard USB charger and run an OTG USB device (e.g. SD card reader)?
I'm asking as I currently use a Nexus 10 attached to a powered hub with a USB ethernet adapter attached. Unfortunitely the Nexus 10 does not utilize the charge provided by the powered USB hub and looses charge. In this set up the powered hub only helps to power the Ethernet adapter so overall the Nexus 10 does not discharge due to the Ethernet adapter. I am hoping the TabPro 10.1 has a better charging implementation than the Nexus 10.

FYI: The Nexus 10 will not charge from its pogo connector when the micoUSB port is being used for charging or with an OTG device. The charging notification falsely indicates the device is charging.

Thanks for anyones insights.

WestonWW

Dec 28, 2011
Denver
I would like to know this too. I've purchased and the Note 10.1 2014 and this is the only issue I have with it is the lack of support for charging and USB OTG use. If the Tab Pro 10.1 or even 8.4 can charge with OTG I may exchange the Note. Thanks!

TheAvatar

Aug 30, 2007
Canberra
I just tried an OTG Y cable, it wont charge. I also tried a trick that worked on my lenovo windows 8 tablet where you turn the tablet off, turn it on with charger in, rip out the charger and plug in the OTG cable before it fully boots and then connect the charger to the OTG cable which allowed OTG+Power, didn't work on the tab.

IIRC this is something that can only be changed by a kernel modification as I think the old 2012 Nexus 7 could do this with a custom kernel, but I could never find a working download.

EDIT: Tried on my Tab Pro 8.4 running latest CM nightly