Search This thread

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Reactions: notmyepic

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I had a tough time finding an image file to Odin. I'm good now though. CWM 6.0.4.5 seems to work okay.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just look for the .tar file

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, confused, ignorant or all of the above :p, but I thought these two ROM versions available here (the odexed and deodexed ones) were already rooted? I thought all one had to do was flash the stock one (posted in the OP) via Odin if you needed the 4.4 bootloader, which I would since I technically still have the MD4 bootloader?

Just need a little clarification in case I'm missing something. Thanks! :D

Sent from my Wicked SGS3 using XDA Premium 4 Mobile

HYD93ns.jpg

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Correct me if I'm wrong, confused, ignorant or all of the above :p, but I thought these two ROM versions available here (the odexed and deodexed ones) were already rooted? I thought all one had to do was flash the stock one (posted in the OP) via Odin if you needed the 4.4 bootloader, which I would since I technically still have the MD4 bootloader?
Yes, flash the tar (to get on the latest bootloader), odin custom recovery and wipe and flash the stock pre-rooted rom.

Reactions: DurhamHusker

bilgerryan

Just need a little clarification in case I'm missing something. Thanks! :D

Sent from my Wicked SGS3 using XDA Premium 4 Mobile

HYD93ns.jpg

Or you could flash Wicked and skip stock-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2750674

notmyepic

Mar 19, 2011
Livonia, MI
It's been that way on all my threads for the S3, tons of downloads and really quiet in the thread

Probably because it works. Seems like the way to have busy thread is to have issues, make it confusing for people or constant pursuit for perfection.

You don't have either of the first two and it seems like you are working on the last one at your pace since there really isn't any other ones or there.

Keep up the good work

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
either enabling the extended reboot options through wanam and xposed or you can download a rebooter app from the market and use that to reboot into recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dont have root anymore. i installed the nd8 tar file and then my phone went to crop. power button broke and i had to remove it. anyways, i need to get into recovery to install the rooted rom.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
dont have root anymore. i installed the nd8 tar file and then my phone went to crop. power button broke and i had to remove it. anyways, i need to get into recovery to install the rooted rom.

What you can do is odin in the custom recovery, make sure auto reboot is checked, when it's done the phone will reboot into system, but you can force it to boot to recovery instead by holding the button combination (vol. Up and home) as soon as the screen shuts off and release those when you see the words in the upper left... So instead of letting it boot, hold the button combination to get into recovery (I hold them as soon as I see pass on odin)

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
What you can do is odin in the custom recovery, make sure auto reboot is checked, when it's done the phone will reboot into system, but you can force it to boot to recovery instead by holding the button combination (vol. Up and home) as soon as the screen shuts off and release those when you see the words in the upper left... So instead of letting it boot, hold the button combination to get into recovery (I hold them as soon as I see pass on odin)

you are the man! let me see if installing the rooted nd8 brings back my root.
everything worked. i got the root back, but lost my power button in the process. oh well, lg g3 is coming soon
Thanks again

Last edited:
Last edited:

techdog

May 23, 2010
Boston
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
That stinks :( .
Another reason I really like tdunham Lock Button on the Statusbar Mod. We had it on MK3 MOAR. Would be awesome if we had it on ND8 ;) ;)

Same here. I loved that mod. I hate using the power button. I have been using Floating Toucher for awhile - 2 touches to screen off but also allows for other apps which you use often to be right at hand.

Reactions: bilgerryan

gadgetdoc1

Mar 11, 2013
ND8 upgrade?

As usual great work CNexus. I was on my stock MK3 rooted ROM - provided by you - thank you! - until last week. For some reason, last 2-3 months it seemed kind of laggy and I was getting annoyed. Over the weekend, I read about the update and many other things. Due to ND8 upgrade requirement and not much post about it's experience at that time, I did not want to jump in. So, ended up flashing AOSP builds. After trying out a couple I have settled on the beanstalk. I have been using it for five days, excellent experience. It is fast, no lag at all and very responsive, although with netflix not working!

Any way, to get to the point - I am considering upgrade to ND8 modem. In my reading, I also came across this thread and of course this one I am posting on. I am a bit confused. If I flash ND8 over my MK3, it may cause hardbrick. But that seems to be the requirement for 4.4 stock ROM. I would appreciate some clarification. Thank you again.

-GadgetDoc.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
As usual great work CNexus. I was on my stock MK3 rooted ROM - provided by you - thank you! - until last week. For some reason, last 2-3 months it seemed kind of laggy and I was getting annoyed. Over the weekend, I read about the update and many other things. Due to ND8 upgrade requirement and not much post about it's experience at that time, I did not want to jump in. So, ended up flashing AOSP builds. After trying out a couple I have settled on the beanstalk. I have been using it for five days, excellent experience. It is fast, no lag at all and very responsive, although with netflix not working!

Any way, to get to the point - I am considering upgrade to ND8 modem. In my reading, I also came across this thread and of course this one I am posting on. I am a bit confused. If I flash ND8 over my MK3, it may cause hardbrick. But that seems to be the requirement for 4.4 stock ROM. I would appreciate some clarification. Thank you again.

-GadgetDoc.
You can't flash the ND8 modem, it will brick your device and the link for it has been removed. The only way to get it is to flash the full ND8 TAR. This will also prevent you from using any of the older modems. Once you're on ND8 bootloader, you're stuck with the ND8 modem as well. You CAN flash back to MK3 roms but not via odin, only the zip installs.

bilgerryan

-GadgetDoc.

The modem was pulled because several people bricked their phones flashing it on the MD4 Bootloader. So to get the modem you need to flash the stock tar in Dr CDMA's thread and then Odin recovery and you can flash or nandroid back to whatever ROM you want to.

Top Liked Posts