[HOW TO]Edit Build.prop in leaked ICS to A500 ICS

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
If you want to edit build prop to emulate a500 to see a500 games and apps from Market on ICS, you can follow crossix root mod and edit the build.prop under /data/local/rootme/loop

Thanks to crossix for his root and help with build prop location for his root method. Please thank him as I would not be able to figure this out if it weren't for him.

Another method root procedure. Can now R/O system folder.

Edit build.prop under /system for this root mod. Thanks to ZeroNull

Make sure to make a back up of original or rename it.

And remember this is for ICS only. HC build.prop mod can be found here.

Here's where I found the a500 ICS build.prop. I downloaded the ICS leak for a500 and extracted the build.prop file in the system folder.

Heres are the lines I edited on my a100 ICS build prop which worked the 1st time around. But according to crossix you probably just need to update the 2 ro.build lines but I havent done it that way yet.

-----------------------------------------------
ro.product.model=A500
ro.product.brand=acer
ro.product.name=a500_ww_gen1
ro.product.device=picasso
ro.product.board=picasso

ro.build.description=a500_ww_gen1-user 4.0.3 IML74K 1328620975 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=acer/a500_ww_gen1/picasso:4.0.3/IML74K/1328620975:user/release-keys

Save and reboot for it to take effect

Please be careful to edit the exact lines or you may brick your device. If you do brick a hard reset or flash update.zip again should bring the original back.

Crossix mentioned he will eventually work on an enhanced build.prop for us in the future so for now you can use this til then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aissy and sikesjb

Aissy

May 24, 2012
thank you for this tutorial... i modified my build.prop and it works but i have a question for you guys...can anyone see hero of sparta on google play? Because i can not see it.

eruisi

Nov 28, 2008
Cupertino
I edited build.prop under /system using ES File Explorer and the device recognizes it as A500 now, but I still have many apps missing from my Play Store.

Last edited:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
How to 100% eliminate this limitation then? Should I install a custom ROM (e.g., CM9 or FLEX-A100-REAPER-RF1-EXTREME-EDITION, etc)?

Changing your rom will not help in this situation. There is no way to "100%" get rid of that limitation but there are ways to lessen it. You could try editing your build.prop to some other tab which lists those apps as compatible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to edit build prop to emulate a500 to see a500 games and apps from Market on ICS, you can follow crossix root mod and edit the build.prop under /data/local/rootme/loop

Thanks to crossix for his root and help with build prop location for his root method. Please thank him as I would not be able to figure this out if it weren't for him.

Another method root procedure. Can now R/O system folder.

Edit build.prop under /system for this root mod. Thanks to ZeroNull

Make sure to make a back up of original or rename it.

And remember this is for ICS only. HC build.prop mod can be found here.

Here's where I found the a500 ICS build.prop. I downloaded the ICS leak for a500 and extracted the build.prop file in the system folder.

Heres are the lines I edited on my a100 ICS build prop which worked the 1st time around. But according to crossix you probably just need to update the 2 ro.build lines but I havent done it that way yet.

ro.product.model=A500
    ro.product.brand=acer
    ro.product.name=a500_ww_gen1
    ro.product.device=picasso
    ro.product.board=picasso

ro.build.description=a500_ww_gen1-user 4.0.3 IML74K 1328620975 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=acer/a500_ww_gen1/picasso:4.0.3/IML74K/1328620975:user/release-keys

Save and reboot for it to take effect

Please be careful to edit the exact lines or you may brick your device. If you do brick a hard reset or flash update.zip again should bring the original back.

Crossix mentioned he will eventually work on an enhanced build.prop for us in the future so for now you can use this til then.