Touch screen problem on Motorola Defy

Search This thread

Telyx

Aug 31, 2009
Garden City, MI
The only time I ever have that problem is if I plug my Defy into my laptop's USB port and the laptop's WiFi is on. If I turn WiFi off, the Defy behaves normally, and if I plug the Defy into my work or home PCs (no WiFi), the Defy behaves normally. (I use the original Motorola cable on the laptop, a BlackBerry cable at work, and a cheap 99-cent cable from eBay on the work PC, so the cable makes no difference.)

andressierra

Nov 15, 2011
Montevideo, Montevideo
I've uncharged the battery last night and left it plugged on all night long (8) I've charged it 100% last night, unplugged it, listen music with it for 1hr aprox. and now its 96% battery, I've used the screen a very short time, it hasn't fail yet.
More updates soon.

andressierra

Nov 15, 2011
Montevideo, Montevideo
Hi guyz, so, I've tried to do wipe data/factory reset but it fails and bricks itself xD
I've just reflashed it with the original stock rom with RSD Lite and the problem still not showing up.
More updates tomorrow with a little more phone use.

andressierra

Nov 15, 2011
Montevideo, Montevideo
The touch screen stills failing with the recent installed original unrooted stock rom.
I'll return it to my carrier claiming for the device warranty.
I'm not buying Motorola phones anymore, I've already had the phone speeker problem with 2 months of use on the Defy (google it if you don't know what I'm talking about) and they keep the broken one and gived me a new one and 1 month later this... so, if they try to do that again, I'll ask them if I can get another phone, like a Galaxy or something.

[offtopic]
I'm a bit frustrated with phones, I'm not buying Nokia phones anymore cuz IMO they lags a lot, even that I had 3 of em and no one had hardware fails like these Motorola "Life Proof" ones... So not buying Motorola anymore, let's try Samsung xD
[/offtopic]

Anyway I'll give you an update when the phone comes back from carrier warranty.

andressierra

Nov 15, 2011
Montevideo, Montevideo
They flashed the phone, gived it to me like "there we fix it" and I've tested it for 5 mins and the phone were still failing xDD
So, I've said to the vendor on my carrier store "this keep failing" and they talked to the tech guy and gived me a new one xDD so my problem is solved, but, as you see, flashing it back wont fix this, is a hardware failure, search on best buy/ebay/amazon/etc, touch screens for this phone are 25USD, stills less than buying a new one.

Good luck guyz, I'm out.

andressierra

Nov 15, 2011
Montevideo, Montevideo
I'm back, new Defy, same problem!

Hello again, 19th November 2011 my carreer gived me a new Defy becouse of this touch screen problem as I've posted before (in September they already gived me a new one becouse of the already known speeker problem) 1th March they gived me another one becouse of this problem... again...

When I where in my carreer store, the girl wich I've talked to tested it, and it wont fail, rare... I told her, let me see, 10 seconds using it and FAIL again.
They flashed it twice, and it failed again and again.

So this is my 4th Motorola Defy, a total FAIL.

My girlfriend has a Motorola Defy too, and... There's something rare... When I do the same things that I've done with my previous failing Defy's IT FAILS TOO!
BUT
When she uses it, it wont fail (rare?)

So the problem is that it has a crappy screen and of course, me. I don't know why, couse with the new Defys it doesn't happen, is like the screen waste it self with the time using it, I've tested the same things that I do to make the Defy fail on a Galaxy S, HTC Nexus One and HTC Sensation 4G (they where older than 5 monts, the Defy that lasted more for me where 3 monts...) and they wont fail.

Motorola, (IMO) you failed with this "life proof" phone, first, speeker fail, and... double touch screen fail.

As they gived me the new one, (never plugged on it, it has film all over the case/buttons/screen, battery stills in it's bag etc) I've put it in it's original box, and I'm selling it on MercadoLibre (it's like our local eBay page).

CYA Motorola Defy, not so nice to meet you, and thanks for generating a lot of stress on me xD

Sorry I can't help, there's no flashing fix, this is a hardware fail (read my previus posts).
Now, I'm really out. Cheerz.

razorinc

Sep 9, 2008
Anybody solved this problem? it s really annoying... screen goes crazy, then i must turn it off with turn off button, then stops for a while.... what causing this problem?

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
Guys, from now on, post your problems in the Motorola Defy thread here. I had this problem when i used to own defy, 2-3 years back. I'm sure that the custom roms may have fixed this problem so try to flash a stable custom rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I have recently discovered a very annoying problem with the touchscreen on my Motorola Defy:

I have noticed that the touch screen acts strange sometimes, so I have installed a touch test application(Touchtest by Hermit). In this application I have noticed that if I touch the screen in two different points in a fast succession, a line appears between these two dots. This makes a lot of application that require multitouch pretty much useless, because I have to restart the application to have the touch screen working again.
    Is there any solution for this? I have heard that this may be a software issue, so I have e-mailed Motorola, but they have not answered yet.

I have attached two pictures to illustrate what I am saying, one taken before this strange error, and one after pressing on two spots very fast. You can see the line connecting the dots in the second picture. I can make a video if you still can't figure out what I am saying.

Thank you.
    somebody please help us. I am also having this weird problem. Touchscreen gets pressed itself not everytime but it happens very frequently. Tried everything, hard reseted too.

At least I gotta hope that its not a hardware problem as many of u are also facing this problem. Any body please confirm if flashing cm7 has helped u or any other solution.

i returned my defy months ago but what you can do is, try to flash cyanogenmod on your defy...that should fix the problem.