[Q] Unlocking Bootloader on Verizon

Search This thread

cgskook

Oct 25, 2013
I currently have an HTC One (m7) on Verizon with sense 6. I'm having some issues trying to unlock the bootloader so i can put CWM or TWRP on it. I have successfully done this in the past with my own HTC One (m7) (the issue is with my dads) but mine didn't have sense 6. I have tried using weaksauce just to get root, and supposedly sense 6 nullifies the exploit it uses. I have also tried using rumrunner (which is what I successfully used in the past with my own) to no avail. It finishes with the error: "looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel."

So is there a way to do this as of now? Or am I stuck waiting on updates on utilities?

SBColasito

Jul 1, 2014
I currently have an HTC One (m7) on Verizon with sense 6. I'm having some issues trying to unlock the bootloader so i can put CWM or TWRP on it. I have successfully done this in the past with my own HTC One (m7) (the issue is with my dads) but mine didn't have sense 6. I have tried using weaksauce just to get root, and supposedly sense 6 nullifies the exploit it uses. I have also tried using rumrunner (which is what I successfully used in the past with my own) to no avail. It finishes with the error: "looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel."

So is there a way to do this as of now? Or am I stuck waiting on updates on utilities?

Are you using the htcdev method on unlocking the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

According to the post How to Unlock the Bootloader & Root Your HTC One Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
"Unfortunately, Big Red (Verizon) thought it best to remove the ability to unlock your bootloader through HTC Dev. Because of this added security measure, any One running KitKat cannot be unlocked or S-Off'd. If you are one of the lucky few to still be using JellyBean, than you are in luck, as long as you S-Off your device you can unlock your bootloader."