Lets COOK some ...... ANDROID !

Search This thread

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Sorry haree, I am not sure about what you're saying because with haret the android system remains on the SD so as long as your SD is big you're safe...
Anyway it remains that you can still use app2sd... Perhaps you should have a look into cooked rom with app2sd
have a good WE
hi
1. im not a techie only experience based on the knowledge i gained from this great forum :D
2. i dont have the cooking knowledge
3.i was just quoting my experience with my tattoo thats all
so i might be wrong when it concerns porting android to jade
that was just for the info that's all

adrimaxi

Sep 4, 2007
Fresnes
Haree, I feel sorry. I didn't want that you take it for you. It was just not to discourage anybody (i am also not a techie)... But seriously you should have a look into app2sd, because you could feel more confortable with your tatoo.

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Haree, I feel sorry. I didn't want that you take it for you. It was just not to discourage anybody (i am also not a techie)... But seriously you should have a look into app2sd, because you could feel more confortable with your tatoo.
hi
i read a lot about it in the forum i dont think it works unless u cook it on to ur rom ie that is what info on got on the same
thanks anyway :D

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
i will upload the right boot code later on today (dont have my jade here to test it) last step is to find a good tattoo rom and boot hope it works !

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
did a few test yesterday iam working for a solution its stuk at closing mmu
whit other bulds its black screen after booting linux ( they are 3 settings for that didnt test it jet )

iam sure it will be running after a time if we dont give up !
i found som proper zimage whit 38 mb free ram and another whit 25 mb free ram
for tattoo rom .
tattoo is msm7225 like the jade en have the same ram (whit proper zimage) its the same camera and screen .

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
ok i will upload the files iam just testing today a fixed haret version from a android forum . just waiting for the email from hem whit the haret he claims it works . so lets hope
i will upload everething in one file so u just need to copie the folder onn u cellphone

ritchietos

Nov 5, 2008
ok before u can boot android from haret u need to make a folder on u sd card and name it andboot
then put this in the folder

-haret.exe (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284592&d=1266872927)

than make a text documend and put this in it

set ramsize 0x07000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 1553
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set set cmdline "board-htckaiser.panel_type=0 ppp.nostart=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=320 mddi.height=428 no_console_suspend board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=0"
boot

save it as STARTUP

it must look like that STARTUP.txt and copy it to sd card in the folder andboot.

now for the next step u need to search a good rom needs to be qvga !
and u need this files from the rom and copy it to andboot
-zImage (kernel file)
-Initrd.gz
-rootfs.img
-system.img/system.sqsh

at the end it will look like this

-haret.exe
-zImage
-Initrd.gz
-default.txt
-rootfs.img
-system.img/system.sqsh

and turn of u pin code befor u run haret dont now why i read it somwhere
u can try difrent haret bulds or roms somtime it crash just reset the device.
just rember u have a qvga,msm7225 and 192 mb ram and som zimage (kernel file) have a fix for that

now its testing and testing .and save the logs from haret to see what the problem was.
and post it here on xda.

i have alot of work this week so i hope this help for u guys to start testing and fixing

Black_Gamer

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks for the good work ritchietos :)
Anyway, how can we get the zImage and the root filesystem from the Tattoo roms? Normally, the custom roms come packed in a zip file, but these files do not come in it. Is there any way to extract these files from custom roms?
Sorry for the noob question, but i am still new to this :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With kind regards and thanks to a member of this forum, stuliv12, who provided us with a link to a HTC Click ROM, im asking all the chefs of this forum to be so kind and port Android on Jade. Only you have the skills needed to do so.

I believe that many of us here would want to make their Jade even better, by running Android on it :)

I have uploaded the ROM to Megaupload, so that you dont have to go to the original site and register.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FSD6CJ8N

Looking forward to seeing and testing Android on Jade.
    Thank You in advance.
    UpLoad plz working zimage & inetrd