Replaced Dell Streak Screen tonight.

Search This thread

Supremacist

Jun 26, 2011
Jefferson
nope, looks like it jumped from $34 to $100 just recently.

Sucks, too, because my latest screen has this problem: h t t p://youtu.be/vjzqfRNDRsk

rohan_kadbe

Mar 18, 2012
Replaced!!

I also replaced my streak's screen couple of weeks back....bought it frm ebay chineese sellar zing something for about 50$...feels like original...but Ithink it's not...but till now no problems...

Dr Doppio

Jun 11, 2011
I'm wrong, or the price of the lcd has increased?

It appears so. I broke my screen again. Last time I bought the LCD for ~35GBP, now it's closer to 90. I am not sure I want to repair it again. It will break in 9 months again anyway, so I will put the money towards a new phone. Too bad that Dell threw in the towel on this great device. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My cousin and I went through the process of replacing the screen on his Streak tonight, the screen was so bad that it was blurry/shaky on one side and the other side was slowly being blacked out. In the end everything worked out perfectly, and my cousin is back to being one proud father, I mean streak owner.

2 Observations:
    - The Phone is really only held together by Glue and Pressure. C'mon Dell...

Shoutouts:
    - iFixit your awesome
    http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Dell-Streak-Teardown/3512/1
    - ulfses your "Helpful Links/Tips" were in short, a Gold Mine.
    http://android.modaco.com/content/d...co-com/322624/im-replacing-my-cracked-screen/
    - eBay seller big_is your awesome as well, the part (Glass + LCD) did not take 2 months to get here like some other Hong Kong sellers, it was here in a week! (We're in Los Angeles, CA)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Mini-5-Tab...188706?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5d2c3d88a2

Advice:
    - iFixit didn't include this but the front of the screen (Gorilla Glass + LCD) literally detaches from the rest of the phone once the ribbons are unclipped, there is SO MUCH GLUE that you wouldn't realize it but it does. Also we used a box cutter to remove the Gorilla Glass from the LCD first, for us it was like slicing cake because we were merely slicing the glue that held it together on the edges. Once the Glass was off, removing the LCD from the phone was easy.

Hope this helps!
    When you placed the new LCD in the phone with the old Gorilla Glass, did you glue the 2 back together?
    If so, what glue product did you use?

The new LCD came with the New Gorilla glass piece already attached, its basically the whole screen including the glass. Double check with the seller your buying from before you purchase but the link posted in the original post should be adequate. Hope this helps.
    youtube.com/watch?v=vxcib-ricec
    For some more info on replacing your LCD have a look at this thread.

Guide for replacing the LCD
    .. .
    3. It was fun to see the internal microSD card, and how easy ot is to take it out. It will be interesting to know if one can replace it with a bigger capacity one, or if one can take it out to back up or modify the system by mounting the card on a Nix system (i.e. without having to root the Streak).
    . . .

See this thread at MoDaCo and this one at XDA.