[Q] Can't downgrade 4.4 to 4.2.2

Search This thread

endiz

Dec 13, 2005
Toronto
Hey All, I'm trying to downgrade (rogers) from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 in order to successfully obtain root on 4.4.2, but each time I use RSD to try and downgrade I get the error message "failed flashing process 2/16 partition "gpt.bin" moto x" and on boatloader it says "downgraded security version update gpt_main version failed preflash validation failed for GPT"

Anyone ever have this issue?

Hey All, I'm trying to downgrade (rogers) from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 in order to successfully obtain root on 4.4.2, but each time I use RSD to try and downgrade I get the error message "failed flashing process 2/16 partition "gpt.bin" moto x" and on boatloader it says "downgraded security version update gpt_main version failed preflash validation failed for GPT"

There's actually several posts here, including a sticky with bootloader information about this. Moto upgraded the bootloader in 4.4.2 and it cannot be downgraded. Sorry, you're stuck on 4.4.2 and stuck without root until someone finds an exploit.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville

Forget slapmymoto, if you want root you have only 1 choice, unlock your bootloader which you can do on a Rogers moto x , I did it the day I got my moto from robbers way back in sept. No that's not a typo Rogers the robber

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I'm pretty happy with the stock firmware myself now that I have the carrier name removed and the battery percent in black added.