[RELEASE v 0.10] WMXL - Windows Mobile "XDA Live" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

weinson

Nov 22, 2006
Oakland, CA
You shouldn't have any problem reverting to another Rom.

Excellent ... you just decreased my productivity tomorrow by about 100%, but such is life....my 8525 is calling for an upgrade. Thanks for doing this!

Dare I ask, but is the next version already in the works (with some of the features noted as "missing" on page one to be integrated .. like voice dial and smart dial)?

KevinBaker

Dec 2, 2006
Melbourne
Great work, thanks a lot. I will most likely not update to this (as it really doesn't give me anything above the vanilla version that I need), but looking forward to when you can use what is seemingly not a beta-based WM6 :).

joedoe

Mar 29, 2005
Will the backup from Sprite be able to restore apps and data after the flashing?

PaWi

Feb 27, 2007
Will the backup from Sprite be able to restore apps and data after the flashing?
It wont even after a normal rom update. So it will surely dont work when you upgrade to an other Windows versions

BTW Did i mention that this rom is FREAKINGLY FAST!!!!
Damn!!!! Good job

aeroke

Nov 14, 2006
Excellent ... you just decreased my productivity tomorrow by about 100%, but such is life....
µ

Yeah, same here. Such a pitty I still have a meeting to attend to first.

Great work Kyphur and thx for sharing this with this impatient bunch :D

chymmylt

Sep 18, 2006
Not used to HTweakC but I am trying to unlock the extended rom. I set it in there, save settings exit saving settings and the extended rom doesn't appear - tried a soft reset (I seem to remember having to do that with previous ext. unlocker) and still doesn't appear. Also, it seems there's a certain level of reset every time I soft reset (i.e. recent programs disappear) - is this intentional - is it possible to make these stay through a soft reset?

Thanks again for all your hard work Kyphur!!!

saq

Oct 26, 2005
Love this ROM, sofar better than the other! The builtin tweaks definitely help.
So it looks like HTML Exchange Sync support requires Exchange 2007 :( I have a test Exchange 2007 server I set up at work, I'll test it out.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the big glaring XDA LIVE on the today screen and go with the standard WM6 theme? No offense to Kypher, but I'm more of a minimalist kind of guy :)
Anyone have that file handy?

TaurusBullba R.I.P.

Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Sep 15, 2006
In your SIM slot
Not used to HTweakC but I am trying to unlock the extended rom. I set it in there, save settings exit saving settings and the extended rom doesn't appear - tried a soft reset (I seem to remember having to do that with previous ext. unlocker) and still doesn't appear. Also, it seems there's a certain level of reset every time I soft reset (i.e. recent programs disappear) - is this intentional - is it possible to make these stay through a soft reset?

Thanks again for all your hard work Kyphur!!!

I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is an extended rom in this one.

tadzio

Nov 23, 2003
Munich, Germany
Now any idea why things like last run programs are disappearing from the windows menu upon restart? :D

Yes, but just an idea. I think the information that keeps disappearing for you is stored in the registry. If the WM6 registry is anything like the WM5 version, changes to it are not immediatelly written to Flash memory, but are cached in RAM. To flush the most recent registry changes to permanent memory, switch off the device (press the power button for some seconds) and back on rather than using the soft reset pinhole.

Cheers
Daniel

Pc78

Jan 19, 2005
Slovenia
Kyphur thanks a lot for this ROM....U R DA man! :D...

@all have someone tried to flash this from Vista (32-bit)?...cause I have Vista at home...

Regards,
Primoz

Status
Not open for further replies.