|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ★ || Build date 2009/6/5 ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ★ || Build date 2009/6/5 ||

Welcome to my ROM thread!

This ROM is the "3.0" series of my ROM line, and it's designed to have the latest and greatest applications and improvements.
Because of this it may not always be as stable or bugfree, as a stock ROM. However, I can assure you, it's much... MUCH faster than any stock ROM on your device. I build my ROMs for speed, therefore this is a "performance" ROM. Battery life is not important here :)

The ROM is being continuously developed and bug fixed and there's almost daily releases. I've decided to name each release by the date when it was released. For example, 50109 would have been released on May 1st, 2009. I should also mention it's UC compatible and more info about that can be found here.

This ROM is currently based on the 21728 Windows Mobile 6.5 OS core, along with all the new goodies from the newly announced Topaz and Tachi devices.
It's got the new new Manila interface, new HTC enhanced finger menus, new notifications system, album, FM radio and MP3 trimmer, connection setup etc.

Starting with the 51809 release, the ROM was recreated from scratch. The result is much, much lower RAM usage and general snappiness and speed were vastly improved. Therefore I decided to rename the ROM "Phoenix" as it was 'reborn' just like the mythical bird :)

If you own a Touch PRO, use the "Keyboard Selector" application under Utillities (after you flash the ROM) to select the proper keyboard layout to use. The ROM comes with the Fuze layout by default.

What you will find in the downloads directories:

"Standard" includes the new TF3D2 (Rhodium Manila) along with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 today plugin(Tianium)

"Titanium" only includes the Titanium today plugin. No Manila in this version.

"OldManila" includes the older TF3D Manila (as see on a stock ROM), plus Titanium.

"Plain" is a build without manila or titanium.

Downloads

Server 1 (MobileMatt's) in the USA
us.png

http://www.mobilematt.net/NRGZ28/EnergyROM/ROMs/Raphael/

Server 2 (energy.wub.nu) in Germany
de.png
(Thanks to Taxick and his server at www.wub.nu for hosting!)

http://energy.wub.nu/ROMs/Raphael/

If you want to try a nice theme for this ROM, try MobileMatt's "Fuzeberry" them at this link http://www.fuzeberry.com/ It works well with this ROM and he will update it soon to skin more icons :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This build currently uses the RILPHONE.DLL from the latest ATT 5.11 release, along with all the 5.11 version drivers. I recommend using 1.14.25.05 for a radio, for best performance with this ROM.

Changelog

2009 6 5 (Current):

- Added AdobeFlash lite
- Fixed Action Screen
- Added new native Manila loader
- One little stabitilty improvement... we'll see how this holds up in the future.
- PTT button reassignment is fixed.
- 21731 build.

Notes:

- If you disable the Tachi dialer, the MS dialer will not show you a list of contacts, but you can still make and receive calls.
- I don't know how the tachi dialer will work without the new Manila yet, so people using OldManila, Titanium or Plain, beware :)
- Bluetooth icon NOT showing up in the taskbar at the moment due to the Tachi dialer, will have a solution soon.
- If you want to disable the Tachi Dialer and use the WM dialer please use the cab I posted here.

2009 6 4:

- Task Manager removed entries for some hidden apps
- Moved Task Manager entry in System Folder
- Removed exra Task Manager entry from Settings\System
- Added new skin on WM dialer made by Ryon on the Diamond forums
- Added BeeJive back in
- Added WifiMonster in utilities
- Added my new manila loader that doesn't pop the keyboard on startup
- Updated a few icons
- Changed SIPChange for nueSipDefault (not sure it works right with 6.5)
- Added a "nullsip" for devices that have a hardware keyboard.
- Smaller HTC menus and a better blue to match the top icons
- Added missing CallWait.wav for callwaiting notification
- Consistent "Action/Contacts" softkeys in Today, Titanium and Manila.
- Removed a couple more unecessary services for more RAM.
- Rar files are associated with PocketRAR by default now.
- YouTube space errors hopefully gone.
- VoIP components added back in.
- Updated to 5.11 drives from the latest official HTC ROM.
- Bluetooth A2DP and AVCRP issues hopefully solved with the older A2DP drivers I cooked in
- Updated background of ActionScreen to match the current EnergyROM theme
- Added Tachi dialer (without the ugly GPS icon always showing!)(all functions should work fine)

2009 06 01:

- Updated to 21728
- Updated some graphics and icons
- Rearranged start menu

2009 05 31:

- Added People Tab callin fix
- Added Fix for higher icon height while sliding
- Updated InCall Screen tweak and fixed its shortcut
- Reorganized the start menu a little bit
- Minor house cleaning

2009 05 30:

-Added modified lockscreen to fit appointments better
-Added NRGROM MS default dialer skin
-Fixed transparent slider to be transparent over the stocks icon as well
-Updated Microsoft Office with Geok's Icons :)
-Update more icons.. cuz I like it to look good :)
-Blue Highlights are back (although not exactly how I'd want em)
-Opera is the damn default browser again
-Fixed Opera link description in Programs tab...
-Killed MS autocomplete for now...
-Etc...

2009 05 28:

- Updated some icons
- Updated to 21725
- Added Keylock in Settings
- Removed Beejive
- Streamlined customizations process
- Turned microsoft prediction on in writing sms, email.. etc
- Disabled ET9 by default
- Updated to 6.5 bootlauncher, task manager, volume control and 6.5 HTCScroll!
- Updated ALL drivers to latest MS Build for Raphael
- Splash screen will optional from now and a separate download
- Updated all widgets to 1.XXX versions
- Cleaned up some more junk
- Added Fringe ringtone back in the list
- Lots more that I forgot right now...

2009 05 22:

- A few icon changes
- Fixed calculator link problem
- Fixed clicking on phone numbers in emails/texts
- Higher resolution folder icons
- HTC Menus are now grey instead of green
- Changed 3G icon in comm manager to better match
- Removed non-working My Phone for now
- Updated Google Maps
- Updated QuickGPS Icon
- Lots more under the hood changes :)

landscape3.0.png
portrait3.0.png
portrait3.0tita.png
landscape3.0tita.png

Video preview of the ROM here > YouTube Video

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Known bugs

The lock screen interferes with the HTC Dialer application. It's best not to use it for now. If you have to, you will have to deal with weird behaviour from the dialer! :)
If you want to use the microsoft dialer instead, open up Advanced Config under Tweaks (in the Start Menu) and disable the phone skin (first item in the Phone section). Reboot...

Goodies

- If you want to go back to the 3 row Start Menu download the attached cab.

- If you want the original slider as seen here >

originalsider.jpg

- If anybody wants a high resolution wallpaper for Manila for THIS ROM, download the cab below. THis will set your "default wallpaper" as the current background in Manila but.. you'll see it on ALL tabs :)

Make sure to disable the wallpaper in settings after you install the cab, and let it set the "default wallpaper" to get the full effect.

- If you want to use the great white folders that geok made for this ROM... Download and install the attached cab :)

whitefolders.png

Last edited:

bapski

Jun 14, 2007
JUST A REMINDER: this is a GSM only ROM. ROM for CDMA version found HERE. OR YOU CAN TRY YOUR LUCK HERE. READ BOTTOM OF POST (coming from the chef himself)If you just got your FUZE and this is your first time using a custom ROM you may need to START READING HERE FIRST before you proceed.

======================================
For everyone: words of thought from the experts!

"A general rule if you don't see your unique problem mentioned anywhere in this thread, chances are you're the only one with the problem and YOU did something to cause it.

The random hard reset problems have been around for a while. I've never experienced them myself, but I bet it has something to do corrupted blocks in your internal flash chip. I recommend searching the forum for raphdiag.nbh and using it to format your flash storage.. then install the ROM again" NRGZ28
"Please remember folks that there are a lot of variables here and the ROM is just one of them. You may have any number of the following issues
1) a bad flash
2) an incompatibility issue
3) a settings problem
4) a large RF source in your pants :D

If several people all determine that they have done XYZ and have problem ABC it may be that NGR can do something about it. Until such time, you have some troubleshooting to do. Namely;
1) Flash the stock ROM and spend a few days noting the behavior as you add your software
2) Flash an NRG ROM and use it a few days without adding software
3) start adding software until the problem occurs." ..BigBadger

MORE BATTERY SAVING TIPS FROM BigBadger

• • There is nothing special about this ROM to make it use more power than other ROMs except that it is tweaked for performance over battery life.
    • Make sure you follow all of the flashing instructions to the letter. Especially the part about hard reset.
    • Backlight is set to high. You might want to change that.
    • 3G is on by default. Recommendation is to turn it off when you are not surfing the internet.
    • If your radio does not match your rilphone.dll you can get crazy bad battery drainage. Make sure they match. There is a separate thread for that.
    • Check to see that some application is not still running in the background. Check, do not assume.
    • Check to see if the screen is still on when you expect it to be off. Soft reset can fix that issue.
    • Some radios work better with some carriers and locations. Asking everyone to tell you what radio to use may not give you the best answer. Be specific about your situation.
    • The battery meter will not settle down and give accurate readings for a few battery cycles.
    • For the first few battery charging cycles, try to charge with phone off and then allow battery to get down as low as possible before recharging.
    • The GPS sucks the battery dry. If you want to keep track of yourself, consider something like GPSToday that only wakes up the GPS once in a while.
TIPS AND TWEAKS/FAQS FROM PREVIOUS THREAD: HERE

TIPS AND TWEAKS:
1. I too have found myself liking Titanium. I have had good luck with Titanizer by twolf http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=501584

2. .......for those who do not like the TD3D2 messaging and want to use the old WM interface Kryzsiec's post might do the trick

3. by:Hemant Nrg, as a habit i install on xboxmod update 1d for tf3d2 for your every rom and i am not seeing any all people crash. Even the facebook tab is working at my end. http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=186871&d=1242790496

4. There is a very simple registry change you can do to increase the MMS size. However you will have to search for it as I have no idea which thread it was mentioned in. Maybe somebody else in here does ... HERE OR TRY THIS as posted by deeznuts

5. More folder icons! by geok

6. MORE MMS Limit tweak by: Pumpiron579
HLKM/Software/ArcSoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/ mmscsetting/Sample MMS

Change all the values to 1024000 or 1228800 that way you can send 1mb or 1.2mb files over MMS.

Then Change;

HLKM/Software/ArcSoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/ UI/size Limit
Then set the SendDefault and/or RecvDefault to a value of your choosing. I set all mine to 1228800.

7. Anyone a idea how i get my hotmail account on this rom?
by: anothersmith How about this HOW TO CONFIGURE HOTMAIL ACCOUNT ON YOUR DEVICE and GMAIL ACCOUNT BY: bapski

by: warri Youtube Bug work Around: Okay I Found a Small Work Around. It appears ONLY the HTC Youtube application is bugged. you can install the "Official" Youtube application found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=495327 and it works. (it auto updates when you run it as well) (going to make sure the auto-updated one runs as well)
Youtube bug solved/background change When Changing Wallpaper, Take the jpg that you want your manila background to be, and rename it homebackground.img then drop it into your windows folder overwrite the existing one. Reset Tf3d. DONE. Youtube Still Works. DO NOT use the wallpaper button on the settings tab, or you will not beable to use the HTC Youtube App.
RED Screen When picking Photos If you are having an issue with Red Screen During Choosing Contacts, or Wallpaper pictures please download THIS FILE . Disable TF3D move the htcphotopicker.exe to your windows directory, restard TF3D. Done.

9. by: gjakovic Hi EnergyROM lovers, You know the problem on people tab where for contacts with multiple numbers manila will call only the default one!? Well now it is fixed I ported the code from Topaz and recompiled the embedded LUAs in manila files that caused the problem. Enjoy! Although this is a Manila problem I have decided to post my fix here to contribute to great ROM and bring it closer to perfection.

P.S. Since this is a new port please report back if you find any issues.

Instruction for noobs: Stop the manila: Start->settings->today->tab Items-> uncheck TouchFLO 3D, use Total commander to replace the files in Windows directory with the ones in attachment. If having trouble, edit the propreties of the original file and uncheck the option read only. Enable manila again.

People tab fix by gjakovic.zip

Last edited:

bapski

Jun 14, 2007
FAQ'S:
1. by:NRGZ28 Seems that Captain Throwback found the problem with the All_People crash! I omitted the httpclient.dll file from my rom and that's what's causing the All People page to crash. Here's a cab for the fix, until I can release a fixed ROM

2. Again hope I dont get flamed but I cannot seem to get picture rotation and thought it was working in 51809
goofeyass: hergs HTC Album 2.5 cab works great, pictures rotate and seem clearer. You can install this cab over this awesome Rom.http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ynjlvtjawvc

3. It's a great ROM, but can anyone tell me how to active the Titanium view?
at10ti0n: start -> settings -> today -> Items tab -> check "windows default", uncheck TouchFLo 3d

4. I downsized my start menu, and now it looks great and is even more user friendly. Now if I can just get File Explorer on the start menu with a better looking icon...
at10ti0n: Another thing you may want to look for it the "re/Start" program. it is floating int the forum somewhere. I cleaned up my menu and it helps to re-prioritize the items in the main window. I only wish I could change the sub/sub folders. HERE

5. I'm absolutely hating new TF3D scrolling currently. The icons when u scroll, are just too low, its too near your thumb. Is there a way, perhaps a manilla file replacement, that can put it back up a lil higher, as it was in the OLD TF3D? Shep was able to do it, but shep doesnt really reply questions : / also if it helps, showaco's all tabs pictures cab, does solve it, making it higher. however, scrolling TF3D with showaco installed in landscaped is screwed, being off centre to the right any solutions?
gjakovic: TRY THIS

6. can you possible make another manila file that is the lower position but clear in all tabs . as in transluscent no matter what tab your on , for the past few builds it seems that its only clear on the home tab for me. THANKS !
gjakovic: TRY THIS

7. Can I return the start menu icons to three in a row?How?And could you return the phone.exe icon in start menu?
NRGZ28: HERE

8. I´m not sure, but I hear the ringtones and the alarm more quiet than older realeases (of course with volume at maximum), anyone notice this too?
bauerpavel: ...full is like superloud a.Audio_Full_Boost.cab b.Audio_Lighter_Boost.cab

9. Is there a cab floating around for a "Fave People" entry on the 6.5 Start screen?
BigBadger: Look here: 6.5 PLUGINS!

10. Its official BB connect doesnt work on WM6.5. Have tried now on several ROMS including this one. Its no go, both 21232/21234 Builds. If anyone has a workaround this please let me know. Or if anyone has got BBConnect to work on WM 6.5 please post
HappyHammer: A quick search would reveal there is an easy solution to this. Either edit the registry as described in this thread or search for Taiseer's cab. I have BBConnect .106 working fine on EnergyROM 52209

11. Is there an issue with SocialNetworking (upload to facebook) from Album? It isn't built into this ROM and I was curious...
kwill: heres a cab to put the album with facebook upload back in and the account manager in settings. i use it and it works fine. i really havent noticed what the album 3.0 does for rhodium manila. i actually dont use tf3d2 enough to notice. HTC Album + SocialNetworksEngine.cab

12. MORE QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE CHEF HIMSELF!
13. Can't Sent Text Messages! When composing a new text message the address to: turns to a number 1 after I hit send, and will not send to the person. So instead of either a phone number or John Doe I just have a number 1.

Should be: Looks like:
John Doe 8:30AM 2kb 1 8:30AM 2kb
Hey whats up yo? Hey whats up yo?

Strangely, if John Doe texts me first, I can reply to those messages just fine. Its ONLY new messages that wont work. Also, im not getting a text message can't be sent message, it seems like instead of sending it to 3305551234 its sending it to 1.
Tomik1: Try this registry setting: HKLM\System\Inbox\RecipientAutocomplete\MaxSuggest ions=0

14. I didnt see any answer to this and was wondering if anyone has any solutions. If i am on a call, and someone calls me, i get no notification until it is missed. When missed, It beeps telling me that i missed a call. I noticed this on the last 3 builds (52009. 53109, and 60109). Any clues?
outphase: Fixed! Change registry key /HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds/CallWaiting/Sound to CallWait.wav
pg155

Last edited:

bapski

Jun 14, 2007
THANK YOU!​
This post will be dedicated to those who have trusted their donations to NRGZ28 and hopefully will not ask for them back :D.
NRGZ28 tries to thank everyone individually but may not be able to acknowledge all of you, so this is where he will be extending his thanks for your support and continued patronage.

wilbur-force have a couple of pints of warm british beer on me 10F3284238348921P keep up the excellent work !!
BigBadger Confirmation number: 4EW61678P6697082F Beverage of your choice :D
toronto_fuze forget a couple of beers, 2WE49737TV7420638 will get you thoroughly wasted
BlueAnt1958 This is the bomb.I also thought it was again time to show my vast appreciation for all your hard work.Enjoy the beers. You have well and truly earned them. Confirmation number: 3M535255KU307694T
jakaka Have some beer on me 2P911296F8593404R
jetski Great work. Have one on me Confirmation number: 4E498675UG1023346
Fuze1969A Thanks for your hard work NRG. Have a Guinness on me, hell have a few. Receipt ID: 4444-6132-3438-6676:I love the ROM and no issue from me.
idealys First thank you for your great roms I have been using them for 2 month now and they are great. Thats why I thought I would make sure you would stay properly hidrated (Receipt Number: 3430-3503-7988-1736)
shearsey @NRGZ28 As usual outstanding work so have another couple of cold ones on me Confirmation number: 54B53251TC699725P
EazyVG Here comes few shots of vodka for you ... 7RB13762PJ765761R
Raspster BTW, Donates away! Work like this deserves it! confirm #: 00M87569RL994974K
rsgirgis Excellent ROM, Thanks ! 0NK7727190781501U
M1A1D Here's something for fixing that annoying @ss text/e-mail phone number not working bug. Made it frustrating as all hades to use my Google Voice account! 3YX989774U3335642
HappyHammer NRG - Thanks for your efforts! Get yourself some beers and a huge plate of ribs. Ref: 8B5053208L482951G
ehehat Anyway...GREAT job!Confirmation number: 3SE43083VB232904H
Incredible 53009 This Rom is Incredible and crazy fast... Even used less ram...NRG you are definitely the Best Chef Around...Start up even is faster Confirmation #7HK93268GA4889052
Hutcha Thanks for this great ROM. Here's a couple of beers on me. Conf #1YA97371185218007. Drink them while you work on cooking SPB 3.0 into a future release. I think having mobile shell cooked in would be awesome!!
lavalamp Here is a little something towards a really really cheap hooker... 9H803474AT308604Y Thank you for a great ROM!
Warjcowski A small token of my appreciation. if u bet it all on green 00 and win, its not a bad amt. 5XD047448V539552P
BigBadger Confirmation Number: 39080845RP938152H I don't really care what you spend the money on but for the love of Pete please leave my name out of it!
C0BRA01 Confirmation number: 439348687R039225N
adoute Confirmation number: 1EE49998MA756941C

Last edited:

kiay

Oct 15, 2008
Brisbane!!!
gosh, i m still waiting for NRG to upload it to the link that he usually posted up there, coz the www.energyrom.com/roms link is so damn slow for me, lines here are bad... :mad: now only till 4%... will flash it later... :mad:

goldlion_

Apr 16, 2009
you are much more lucky than i am, i cannot download any data via this link

Last edited:

reluttr

Nov 14, 2008
What exactly is the PagePool_Changer.exe used for in the roms folder?

Also in your manilla theme the stocks icon pops up on the slider when it passes over the stocks item, this has been a issue in all the 2.x-3.x roms that have used your custom theme.

The only reason why I am point this out is because it doesnt fit in with the rest of your theme and someone else might perceve it as a "glitch".

Other than that I have not stumbled upon any other problems, its great rom like alwase :p

I3iggy

May 3, 2009
damn, just finished installing 51909... whats the fixes for this version? the all people button working?

tenxo

Feb 12, 2006
Ohio
Some people are never satisfied!!!

He does not post the ROM they complain.:confused:

They complain and BEG complain and BEG for the ROM, so he post the ROM early they complain of small bug on a Overall smoking build:rolleyes:

He fix the bug, Post a new thread to keep the crap out of it, still they complain and re-adds the crap; then complain of needing change log ( HE SAID HE WOULD POST A NEW THREAD TO RELEASE THE ROM WITH THE FIX INCLUDED IN THE LAST THREAD) what more change log is needed?

NRGZ; Thanks for the continued efforts BRO!

vudu

Jan 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Thanks! Just made my jump to 6.5 and this is fast!

One thing I've noticed is that Internet Explorer doesn't work? Can't connect to any sites. Opera works fine.

Thanks.

Yianni

Mar 27, 2007
South Australia
What exactly is the PagePool_Changer.exe used for in the roms folder?

Also in your manilla theme the stocks icon pops up on the slider when it passes over the stocks item, this has been a issue in all the 2.x-3.x roms that have used your custom theme.

The only reason why I am point this out is because it doesnt fit in with the rest of your theme and someone else might perceve it as a "glitch".

Other than that I have not stumbled upon any other problems, its great rom like alwase :p

Answer:

12. Did anyone notice a dual image when you get the slider over the stocks tab?
NRGZ28: Yeah... it's a bug with the transparent slider. I'll fix it one of these days...

Awesome ROM! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

does anyone have voice command run ?

I made a shortcut to a key... But it is doing nothing...

When I start the voicecmd.exe from \windows also nothing happens.

In Settings Voice command is enabled....

If have nothing installed - just flashed the rom and snychronized my contacts. No other change....

Because it´s one of my favourite program your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

PS: I have a German T-Mobile Vario IV I can only remap the send-key, but this is not the problem :)

Everything is fine in this ROM except the voice dialer. Voice dialing is not working and maybe is a WM 6.5 issue. I installed cyberon voice dialing from a .cab and when i pressed the BT button it did nothing. Changed a setting in the registry and now when i press the BT button opens the dial pad, same like if i was pressing the call hardware button. I think its registry settings. Anyone can help?