[Q] Play Store probs

Search This thread

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
I'm running 7.2RC1 and my gfs running Andy's stock and both of our play stores wont let us DL anything. Mine says error parsing package and hers says no connection actually while connected to wifi. I got the market working on mine but I forced closed, cleared data and uninstalled updates but it automatically "upgraded" after I launched the app. Is anyone else having play store probs?

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
I'm running 7.2RC1 and my gfs running Andy's stock and both of our play stores wont let us DL anything. Mine says error parsing package and hers says no connection actually while connected to wifi. I got the market working on mine but I forced closed, cleared data and uninstalled updates but it automatically "upgraded" after I launched the app. Is anyone else having play store probs?

I did a little today. Prob Google doing stuff.

Dear Inc2 owners..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068236

btw..

su
killall drmserver

Reactions: Linch89

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC

Yeah I had some problems with my play store as well(it sucks after the updates). If it says no connection then you have to kill it with a task manager, and then open it again it fixes the problem. I have this problem both on my Acer Iconia A100 running ICS, and my Incredible 2 running Skyraider Zeus. For your other problem you have to clear data in Google framework services as well and then reboot.

gospodinwizard

Jul 28, 2010
I very occasionally get the "error parsing package" on select applications. The thing that is really bugging me about Play Store is no matter what Sense ROM I flash at some point the phone starts into an incessant loop of FC's from the "Market". For me its so bad I pretty much can't run a Sense ROM at all anymore. Personally I am using Condemned Soul's latest CM ROM on which I have zero Play Store issues. IMHO it sure seems when the the Market --> Play Store migartion took place, some things got seriously f'd up.

gospodinwizard

Jul 28, 2010
OK, this getting kind of ridiculous. There is only one ROM I can flash that I don't end up getting a bunch of Market FC's. And yes I have fixed permissions. What gives?

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
beats me broseph after a while my market (refuse to call it play store) started acting right again so I assume it was a problem on el googs part but if you're still having problems try wiping the app data

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010
I very occasionally get the "error parsing package" on select applications. The thing that is really bugging me about Play Store is no matter what Sense ROM I flash at some point the phone starts into an incessant loop of FC's from the "Market". For me its so bad I pretty much can't run a Sense ROM at all anymore. Personally I am using Condemned Soul's latest CM ROM on which I have zero Play Store issues. IMHO it sure seems when the the Market --> Play Store migartion took place, some things got seriously f'd up.

Clear data on market and google services framework

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
I've made a call to Google about it already.. I was having parsing errors and it was giving me a purchase cannot be processed error on everything including free apps they tried denying anything, told me to do a factory reset.. did all that, told them I'm rooted with different Roms and kernels and then all of the sudden one of the advanced tech guys sent me an email saying that it's been happening a lot since the play store change and they need a logcat.. it's intermittent for me and everytime it happens again, I'm nowhere near a pc for logcat

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
Like factory resetting your entire phone is a reasonable fix for ONE APP gtfo try franks fix it worked for me still a little hit or miss. I had to uninstall all the updates to revert it back to like novembers market update but of course it upgraded on the next launch

lvleph

Apr 19, 2012
Like factory resetting your entire phone is a reasonable fix for ONE APP gtfo try franks fix it worked for me still a little hit or miss. I had to uninstall all the updates to revert it back to like novembers market update but of course it upgraded on the next launch

Maybe you should read the suggestion again, because there was nothing about a factory reset. He was saying to go to
settings>>apps>>google play store>> clear data
and
settings>>apps>>google services framework>> clear data

For me on MIUI 2.3.23, the fix and su killall drmserver plus franks suggestion is not working.

Last edited:

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010
Forgot to add in you have to restart after you clear data on both.

This has worked for me twice now and a ton of other people on XDA.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
if you go into manage apps and remove updates to play store, it will work fine for that session, but when you close and go back it updates again, so remove updates again, i know its a pain in the butt but you can download stuff, just a suggestion, works for me

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010
if you go into manage apps and remove updates to play store, it will work fine for that session, but when you close and go back it updates again, so remove updates again, i know its a pain in the butt but you can download stuff, just a suggestion, works for me

Clear data on the play store
Clear data on google services framework
Restart

lvleph

Apr 19, 2012
Clear data on the play store
Clear data on google services framework
Restart
What is this Windows? :)

EDIT: In the end I got things to work. I opened terminal and type the su and killall commands seperately, i.e.
> su
> killall drmserver

What seemed to be happening for me was that the super user app was not granted super user permissions when I did this in one command.

Last edited:

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
I've made a call to Google about it already.. I was having parsing errors and it was giving me a purchase cannot be processed error on everything including free apps they tried denying anything, told me to do a factory reset.. did all that, told them I'm rooted with different Roms and kernels and then all of the sudden one of the advanced tech guys sent me an email saying that it's been happening a lot since the play store change and they need a logcat.. it's intermittent for me and everytime it happens again, I'm nowhere near a pc for logcat

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

This is what I was referring to about factory resetting

lvleph

Apr 19, 2012
For that error you need to clear the data in play store and then remove your google account from accounts and sync. After that open play store. I actually told google about this solution two Weeks ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I did a little today. Prob Google doing stuff.

Dear Inc2 owners..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068236

btw..

su
    killall drmserver