T-Mobile HTC One S (US) Pricing.

Search This thread

merkmal

Oct 6, 2009
I'm more interested in the Retail off contract price. That's listed at $599 right now. Also it looks like the T-Mobile version isn't the MAO version. I was really looking forward to the MAO version despite all of the issues with it.

What bothers me the most is that AT&T will probably sell the higher classed HTC One X for the same price off contract. So Tmobile is overpricing their HTC One S seeing how it very obviously lies a tier below the One X according to HTC.

I understand it's Tmobile's flagship phone right now, but you still have to price it according to everything else on the market and not just what is available on your own network... that's how you lose customers.

Reactions: FRuiTBoOT

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
I'm more interested in the Retail off contract price. That's listed at $599 right now. Also it looks like the T-Mobile version isn't the MAO version. I was really looking forward to the MAO version despite all of the issues with it.

What bothers me the most is that AT&T will probably sell the higher classed HTC One X for the same price off contract. So Tmobile is overpricing their HTC One S seeing how it very obviously lies a tier below the One X according to HTC.

I understand it's Tmobile's flagship phone right now, but you still have to price it according to everything else on the market and not just what is available on your own network... that's how you lose customers.

I will have to agree with you on this. Should be lots less expensive than HTC One X. Kind of Disappointing.

merkmal

Oct 6, 2009
Yeah bigger screen and higher resolution. Also LTE... so if you consider the things that people look for in a phone as screen size, processor, screen resolution, storage size, and network speed... then the AT&T HTC One X has larger screen, higher resolution, and faster network speed. So 3 of the 5 things people look for in new phones are a "generation" above the Tmobile HTC One S.

I don't really care about most of those things within reason which is why the HTC One S appeals to me. It's the right balance. That being said it's still lower end than the One X... even in the version AT&T is getting.

This is a huge Tmobile fail imo. Most of us will suck it up and buy it anyway, but like I said... that's not how to make a customer happy.

Reactions: FRuiTBoOT

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
If you read the specs, the HTC One X thats coming to america is the One S with a bigger screen.

its not just bigger, its a IPS panel with 720p, which make it the best on the market today. One X also has NFC

also looks like no MAO after all the hype. Is that a good thing.....I dont know.

I just wish I knew if ATT coverage was same or better then Tmobile in Boston area, then I would just switch to ATT and get One X with pretty much zero compromises vs One S

Last edited:

symbul

Dec 1, 2010
Aliso Viejo
AT&T 3G frequencies?

Anybody knows if the T-mobile HTC One S version also supports the AT&T 850/1900 3G frequencies? The T-Mobile support forum says yes, but the specs on the website do not specify them. If it does, then I would buy it full price, unlock it and use it on the AT&T network (the international unlocked version of the One S is missing the 1900 3G band).

Thanks.

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
Cell companies price all new phones at the same price off contract. An off contract phone should be no more than 400.00 to 450.00. They price them high so you feel like you are getting value with a 200.00 on contract price.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
Looks like if you Buy this through Costco.com you can get it for $189 w/2 year contract plus $25 costco cash card and free accessories. Free shipping too. There is no MIR either. Best deal out there so far. you can pre-order it now too. But you have to select a data plan from them when buying that will run you $35 or 65$ a month. Cheaper to go through T-mobile.

shadow.8

Apr 17, 2010
Salt Lake City
Looks like if you Buy this through Costco.com you can get it for $189 w/2 year contract plus $25 costco cash card and free accessories. Free shipping too. There is no MIR either. Best deal out there so far. you can pre-order it now too. But you have to select a data plan from them when buying that will run you $35 or 65$ a month. Cheaper to go through T-mobile.

I had the option when I was looking at it to buy just 2gb for $20... you have change it (its the last option on the list) but its there.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
Yeah bigger screen and higher resolution. Also LTE... so if you consider the things that people look for in a phone as screen size, processor, screen resolution, storage size, and network speed... then the AT&T HTC One X has larger screen, higher resolution, and faster network speed. So 3 of the 5 things people look for in new phones are a "generation" above the Tmobile HTC One S.

I don't really care about most of those things within reason which is why the HTC One S appeals to me. It's the right balance. That being said it's still lower end than the One X... even in the version AT&T is getting.

This is a huge Tmobile fail imo. Most of us will suck it up and buy it anyway, but like I said... that's not how to make a customer happy.

Except AT&T LTE exists in about 15 markets right now and T-Mobile 42mbps HSPA+ is in over 150.

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
Except AT&T LTE exists in about 15 markets right now and T-Mobile 42mbps HSPA+ is in over 150.

LTE is a joke on ATT and Sprint, but T-Mobile hasnt even started rolling it....

I wonder how is ATT's HSPA+ network. I am always afraid to switch to ATT, I just dont know a single person with ATT network in Boston area

Weo

Mar 25, 2010
I have two issues. 1. Screen size (like everyone is saying) 2. The bigger issue for me is the potential lower resolution for hooking up to a monitor. Although I don't know if movies will have the same resolution, I would love to hook up a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse while connecting to my TV for web surfing and more. Right now I bring my laptop and do that for watching movies and internet video presentations on the web for family, friends, and work. The thing is, for the price, I might as well buy a tablet with hdmi out and keep my old phone for tethering purposes.

Additionally, with smartphone makers listening to the market for future innovations, the message is muddled by carrier contracts and business models. In other words, carriers needs will overshadow consumers, and companies like HTC will wonder why their market share isn't doing better for the "allowed" upgrades. IMO, this is why tablets like the kindle and nook are so limited (using nook to type this).

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
I just ordered it from best buy, kept the same plan I had Unlimited Data throttled at 5gb. $199 free shipping. $223 after taxes and upgrade fees. Ships out the 22nd and says will be at my door step the 24th. That's according to Best buy. Will see.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
I think early upgrade fee is like $404 or something close to that. If you have been a longtime T-Mobile customer they will usually give you a full upgrade if you ask for the customer loyalty dept. Ask what's the best price they can give you on your plan and phone because your interested in switching to At&t for the One X.

They should hook you up. I've done this 6 months ago and they gave me a $200 account credit and full upgrades on 2 of my lines when I wasn't due for almost 14 months. Been with T-Mobile for 10 years best at trying to keep customers.

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
I just ordered it from best buy, kept the same plan I had Unlimited Data throttled at 5gb. $199 free shipping. $223 after taxes and upgrade fees. Ships out the 22nd and says will be at my door step the 24th. That's according to Best buy. Will see.

its doesnt say it will ship on 22nd, it says AFTER 22nd. the rumors were that One S will be available on 25th

"BELLEVUE, Wash. — April 18, 2012 —Today, T-Mobile USA, Inc. and HTC Corp. announced the highly anticipated HTC One ™ S will be available at T-Mobile ® stores nationwide on April 25"

Last edited:

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
I know the release date. Just going by what my receipt said for the extra 4.99 I paided for express shipping. Either way I still get it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like Pricing for the HTC One S (US Tmobile version) was leaked or so tech article reads. Same price as HTC one X on AT&T w/ 2 year contract and $50 rebate. Should have been cheaper IMO.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...hone_users_in_ecstasy/srvc=home&position=also

Sorry if this is not helpful to anyone.