[ROM][3/31/13]|TouchCream 2.1 DS-Port|AOKP/SGS3 Hybrid *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Search This thread

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
This is not by any means a complete ROM, More SGS3 stuff will be added afterwards. When it is......this port will be updated as well.

I was thinking, and thinking, and then, the thought struck me: The smoothness of Touchwiz, without Touchwiz icons etc.

VIDEO:
A Demonstration of the ROM

Thanks to MrSoTech
And melo563!
And SmartMoreFeed!

How to install ?
Download ROM
Download Gapps: http://tinyw.in/Ko5N
Boot into recovery
Nandroid, Nandroid, NANDROID!!!
Wipe data/factory reset if required
Install TouchCream v2.1.zip from sdcard
Install gapps.zip from sdcard
Wipe Cache And Dalvik
Fix permissions
Reboot (first boot might take a while)
Let the ROM settle for 5 minutes, without touching your phone
Reboot and set up your phone
Enjoy!

Thanks To:
AOKP Team for base (Milestone 6 and AOKP JB)
Samsung for Launcher, lib files, boot animations, widgets
All of the devs for making the doubleshot what it is today

TIPS:
In 2.1 and up, for the full TouchWiz Experience, go to themes in the settings, apply TouchWiz Theme and reboot

Issues:
At the moment, the only issues found are the soft keyboard & home key not functioning properly. That should be resolved very quickly though with appropriate patches posted soon.

Very Special Thanks:
A BIG shout out and a Heartfelt Thank You to InfinityFTW for allowing Team S.W.a.R.M to port this to our DoubleShot. Without his original work & unselfish attitude, this would not be available to us. Team S.W.a.R.M. would appreciate it if you would drop by His Original Sensation Thread and give the man a big Thank You!

This Download Has Been Updated to Include the KB Lights Fix I Promised. Just Format System Under "Mounts & Storage" & Semi-Dirty Flash over the top of Your Nandroid OR Just Do a Fresh Install.

ROM Download:
TouchCream v2.1 DS-Port AOKP + KB Lights

Last edited:

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
looks nice!!! do you need me to modify framework-res for you?
Would You? I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate that. Right at the moment I'm trying to get the LGE 3.0 Launcher running for ShiftyBastard.
The lights & physical KB should be the same edits I think Matt but it's the HomeKey that's gone wonky on us this time.

DUH!!....I MEANT SOFT keyboard.:eek:

Last edited:

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX
Would You? I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate that. Right at the moment I'm trying to get the LGE 3.0 Launcher running for ShiftyBastard.
The lights & physical KB should be the same edits I think Matt but it's the HomeKey that's gone wonky on us this time.

DUH!!....I MEANT SOFT keyboard.:eek:

dont know about home key but does long pressing home open the app-switcher? also in settings (maybe rom control) there should be an option labeled hardware buttons and you should be able to set a custom action for your home key. i will get the modified framework up that fixes the soft keyboard shortly!

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
The flash didn't work for me Matt but I'm going to try a direct install in a bit. As for the homekey, I'm getting no response at all from it. We'll get it though.....

I'm afraid replacing the file & reflashing didn't do it either Matt. straaaaange.......

Last edited:

butch87402

Feb 8, 2010
hartford
Re: [ROM][01.23]|TouchCream 2.1 DS-Port|AOKP/SGS3 Hybrid *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Love this port.... Search and home don't work hope you guys find a fix soon... I'll Nandroid and try the motoblur one

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX
may have a fix for home key not working. when you flashed rom did you flash gapps at the same time? here is my suggestion: flash rom (after correctly wiping), reboot,reboot BACK to recovery, flash gapps, reboot. maybe it will fix your button problem

Do$

Aug 28, 2007
Great Rom, very fast.
But I think the battery consumption is big then at other ROMS.
What do U think about this?

Do$

Aug 28, 2007
In additional, the light of hardware keyboard doesn't work. Have this bug someone else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not by any means a complete ROM, More SGS3 stuff will be added afterwards. When it is......this port will be updated as well.

I was thinking, and thinking, and then, the thought struck me: The smoothness of Touchwiz, without Touchwiz icons etc.

VIDEO:
    A Demonstration of the ROM

Thanks to MrSoTech
    And melo563!
    And SmartMoreFeed!

How to install ?
    Download ROM
    Download Gapps: http://tinyw.in/Ko5N
    Boot into recovery
    Nandroid, Nandroid, NANDROID!!!
    Wipe data/factory reset if required
    Install TouchCream v2.1.zip from sdcard
    Install gapps.zip from sdcard
    Wipe Cache And Dalvik
    Fix permissions
    Reboot (first boot might take a while)
    Let the ROM settle for 5 minutes, without touching your phone
    Reboot and set up your phone
    Enjoy!

Thanks To:
    AOKP Team for base (Milestone 6 and AOKP JB)
    Samsung for Launcher, lib files, boot animations, widgets
    All of the devs for making the doubleshot what it is today

TIPS:
    In 2.1 and up, for the full TouchWiz Experience, go to themes in the settings, apply TouchWiz Theme and reboot

Issues:
    At the moment, the only issues found are the soft keyboard & home key not functioning properly. That should be resolved very quickly though with appropriate patches posted soon.

Very Special Thanks:
    A BIG shout out and a Heartfelt Thank You to InfinityFTW for allowing Team S.W.a.R.M to port this to our DoubleShot. Without his original work & unselfish attitude, this would not be available to us. Team S.W.a.R.M. would appreciate it if you would drop by His Original Sensation Thread and give the man a big Thank You!

This Download Has Been Updated to Include the KB Lights Fix I Promised. Just Format System Under "Mounts & Storage" & Semi-Dirty Flash over the top of Your Nandroid OR Just Do a Fresh Install.

ROM Download:
    TouchCream v2.1 DS-Port AOKP + KB Lights
    Re: [ROM][01.23]|TouchCream 2.1 DS-Port|AOKP/SGS3 Hybrid *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Hey mate! Nice too see my ROM on other devices as well :D
    Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Kb fix uploaded
    Sorry. It's a known bug I just haven't had time to address. I've been very busy from work along with some unforeseen family issues as well.
    A new download has been used to replace the original one in the OP that has this issue resolved. Sorry it took SO long.

ENJOY!